Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Banned

If i had money.

They would get it.

Ten days before the event prices were good.

Now you have to compare.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:50 PM

Was there this afternoon out of curiosity. You might find something cheaper than full retail but you would have to look pretty hard. In fact some things I looked at a few weeks ago are higher now with the discount. Was fairly busy there though.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 PM

I was in both te nort andsouth Emontostorestoday,burned upmostof a$200gift card
OH!! If anyone is looking for Barnes TSX .311 bullets there are two boxes left in the north store
Cat
Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 PM

I stopped in on Sunday looking for a specific item and was not impressed. Lots of 10 of and 15 off some 20 and if you looked hard you might find one of those 30 or 40 off they talk about but they were hard to find. The item I was looking for they had lots, the price was comparable but at 10 off I walked out of the store with nothing.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:45 AM

I for one am sad to see them go. Always had a good experience in Edmonton, and found their clothing (minus some of the real high end stuff) much more reasonable than cabelas.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:09 PM

My big complaint was that Wholesales inventory sucked. The service in Grande Prairie was always good, but they had no inventory and always ran out of stock. I guess that is why they are out of business.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:33 PM

Stopped in the North Edmonton location yesterday. Even with the discounts most prices look close to par at other stores. Was still by far the busiest I've ever seen it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 PM

Interestingly, I found an item in the south Edmonton store today that has been literally unobtainable for years. It was in a package covered in dust and I snapped it up like it was a vintage Rolex in a garage sale. It was clearly laying in inventory for a long time, without being listed anywhere. There will be some good deals to be had as the clock winds down. Patience.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:23 PM

Some stores have lots of inventory and I have heard a lot about a UFA management challenge of sorts.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 AM

Stopped in yesterday. The close out sale is a joke, some items upto 40% percent of but 95% of it was 10-20% off. That's not a close out sale in my books.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Stopped in yesterday. The close out sale is a joke, some items upto 40% percent of but 95% of it was 10-20% off. That's not a close out sale in my books.
X2
Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
No different then any other going out of sale, they are trying to maximize the amount of money they make. They have until December 28th to sell everything so you probably won't see really good deals until December.

They are not going to give stuff away while they still have time to move it. 10% off is enough for some people.

By the time the deals are where you want them to be, there won't be any inventory left and you will be complaining about that.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
No different then any other going out of sale, they are trying to maximize the amount of money they make. They have until December 28th to sell everything so you probably won't see really good deals until December.

They are not going to give stuff away while they still have time to move it. 10% off is enough for some people.

By the time the deals are where you want them to be, there won't be any inventory left and you will be complaining about that.
Can't believe there are so many people who don't understand how a liquidation works.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:12 AM

I was going to check out their hiking boots when I noticed Reddhart Workwear formerly Redwing shoes had the Irish Setters I wanted, on sale $50 off. First time I shopped there and I'm glad I did. They offer free any time waterproofing, free replacement of lace hooks / eyelets, free laces in fact the nice lady gave me a free pair for my brand X hunting boots. Great customer service in this day and age! I will shop there again for sure. Adios Wholesale, sad to see you go.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I noticed Reddhart Workwear formerly Redwing shoes had the Irish Setters I wanted, on sale $50 off. First time I shopped there and I'm glad I did. They offer free any time waterproofing, free replacement of lace hooks / eyelets, free laces in fact the nice lady gave me a free pair for my brand X hunting boots. Great customer service in this day and age! I will shop there again for sure.
Ooo! I will definitely have to check them out.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:56 AM

That's that's what happens when you get two idiots looking after a company that used to make the previous owners a lot of money. Especially when you bring in someone who used to be hardware and the other one footwear to run a outdoor sporting company. They either tried to outstupid or out arrogant each other so they could brag about it afterwards at their ranches in the foothills! Total idiots and so is UFA for keeping them employed!
Old 12-29-2017, 11:12 AM

Goodbye Wholesale... won't miss you
Old 12-29-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
Goodbye Wholesale... won't miss you
So you won't miss the higher prices at Cabelas and elsewhere because there is no longer any competition for much of what WSS sold?
Old 12-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So you won't miss the higher prices at Cabelas and elsewhere because there is no longer any competition for much of what WSS sold?

Exactly! More options are always better.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 12-29-2017, 12:59 PM

did anyone actually get in on the 28th? where there any blow out crazy deals on the final day?

my "local" one is Lethbridge but im in Manitoba visiting family for the holidays and could not get in on closing day. I was hoping to maybe pick up some items on the cheap, but last time i was in the Lethbridge location (3 weeks ago) it was pretty picked clean.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, I was looking at some camo “Sitka” at wholesale and the regular price on the price tag was $20 cheaper then the same camo at Cabelas.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:14 PM

Completely unrelated....yet.

Thankyou wholesale for the memories.

The worst/best memory I have was being in the store shopping in fishing section on the north Edmonton one and my Alberta outdoorsman friend called me there about his dad just died. He was 3 hours away and I was 20 minutes away to do what I can for the family. For that very selfish reason I’m sad to see the store disappear. Thankyou wholesale.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
did anyone actually get in on the 28th? where there any blow out crazy deals on the final day?
I managed to slip into the North Edmonton location that day - there was not much left at that point. I had my eye on an orphaned lefty recurve, but didn't pick it up when I had the chance.

Say what one will about those stores, I will miss shopping there.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:24 PM

Me also. It was like 5 minutes from home. Dealt with them for almost 20 years and never had a problem. I liked them better before UFA ran it though.

No store is perfect and neither were they , but I will miss it anyhow, if only for the convenience of having it nearby.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:34 AM

I wonder where what ever was left was shipped to? I was there the last day and bought a bunch of cleaning jigs/brushes etc for 70% off. The Edmonton south store was picked clean at that time. Just wonder who got the RCBS lead pot that I was waiting to get when it hit the 70% mark. It was there at 50% and then when it switched over to 70% I was there as the door opened and the pot was gone so somebody inside must of picked it up for themselves. Don't blame them.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:31 AM

A guy in Edmonton bought every single piece of fishing gear that was left. He is selling it all now on Facebook. Smart man.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-03-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
A guy in Edmonton bought every single piece of fishing gear that was left. He is selling it all now on Facebook. Smart man.

I grabbed a couple pairs of wading boots and the guy behind me cleaned the shelves off at Edmonton South. Wonder if it was the same guy.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 01-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Don't go to Canadian Tire on Southland. They are definately not cheaper than either.

I had a love/hate relationship with Wholesale. I bought my first rifle from them for a good price. Got some great advice from the gray hairs behind the counters. But ALOT of morons worked there and they displaced good stores like Farmers Supply (Winnipeg) and Russel Sports (Calgary).

Hopefully some of the small shops will pick up the slack.

CT on Southland is bringing reloading supplies in January. Lets hope they are priced to compete (so far better prices on most stuff). Maybe we will see a time when most hardware stores start carrying guns again

Last edited by whitefish; 01-03-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
No we can only hope a better alternative comes up. Wholesale did nothing to help us with this we need a REAL option
Old 01-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
No we can only hope a better alternative comes up. Wholesale did nothing to help us with this we need a REAL option
You'll be opening up a new hunting / fishing / camping store?