Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 PM

Thumbs down #45 done at Edmonton Internation Raceway

Well after winning the super stock track championship last year we've been forced out by the corruption and need of the owners to have his "little girl" win at any cost. Rules are made up to disqualify anyone that dares beat her. We cannot continue to support such corruption. So to all those who cheerred us on, THANK YOU.To our sponsors Thank YOU.To all those who came before us and told us this was going to happen, you were right.to all those who continue to race there good luck racing for 2nd place
Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 PM

?

More info please.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
?

More info please.
Uh...yeah...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Same thing happened to our team at Castrol 3 years ago. New driver, with immense talent was poised to win the track championship running only 9 of 13 scheduled races. A new rule was instituted at the 11th hour, making our championship impossible to achieve.

The politics are everywhere. Keep racing, and know you are right.

we know who really won the championship in our class.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM

What a crock. Hollow victory for the track owner?

If I am reading this right.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM

This stuff happens all the time when associations are run in an unprofessional manner. A standardized rulebook from an established series has to be used. That way changes cannot be made randomly to suit individuals and sponsors agendas. You have to totally tune out all the BS and just go race. We don't make any money anyways, its all for fun.

The trick to making a small fortune racing.............start with a large fortune.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned

Doesn't have to be a total downer thread .......... any pic's from the track ???
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrude1 View Post
Well after winning the super stock track championship last year we've been forced out by the corruption and need of the owners to have his "little girl" win at any cost. Rules are made up to disqualify anyone that dares beat her. We cannot continue to support such corruption. So to all those who cheerred us on, THANK YOU.To our sponsors Thank YOU.To all those who came before us and told us this was going to happen, you were right.to all those who continue to race there good luck racing for 2nd place
Kel

Bring your car out to Castrol and run with the "Old School" Super Stock guys at Castrol on the 28th of July. No BS, All fair, No Points, good Old Boys, decent car count and more registered drivers, just running for a plastic cup and they have their own "Class Official" apart from the facility running the races on the flag stand.

Keeks nice to see you are it over here as well

PM me if your interested but I am sure you already kind of know whats going on.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:57 PM

I'll throw some pics down.

The #4 car is the one that my story was about. That was a downer.

The victory circle pic is what we try to do.

And the last pic is what we try not to do.

Why make up a profile Matt. Post with your real one.

Last edited by keeks; 07-03-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 PM

thanks guys we'll always be racers after 21yrs you dont just stop thats for sure. our first dq was supposedly for being to wide@ 68" which is vertually impossible as our car is actually a IMCA street stock with a stock '86 monte frame not a tubular frame and camero front cliph like those we were running against. then the next was for shaving our tires down ( we were running last yrs mandated hoosiers) that were used by the late model class for one race and then our class bought them to use,so we shave off all the old track rubber etc..I guess thats illegal now too. Then the final straw was dq for running a msd distributor with the chevy crate 350/350 not the OEM that came with the engine.I guess thats what happens when the track operators also are racing and cant stand to loose, and the rule book is subject to change at his w2ill . Its to bad the NASCAR has rented their name to this track.
But its all ok we were the fastest car on the track each time out and raced fair and with honour, its their loss.
oh ya its darrin. kel,s my bro but ill pass on the info to him about castrol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0531.JPG (62.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Thank's for the pic's !!!