Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-23-2019, 01:04 PM

Default Cabin Rentals

Hey guys,

Wondering whether anyone has any experience with renting a cabin for hunting in the GP area? Trying to coordinate a week long trip for the upcoming Sep/Oct hunting season, and do not have much experience in the area (low expectations - intent is to use the time as bit of a scouting session).

Alternatively, if anyone is aware of a similar setup in the southern zones 302-314 for the late October-November time frame I would love to hear about it.

Target specie is elk - and please if possible can the conversation stay focused on cabin rentals. Having taken a few elk in the past I am aware of the advantages of scouting and hunting the local area....this is more of a step 1 for me in doing the research for a new area and new experience (ie. rifle hunting elk in the rut).

Thank you!
Old 05-23-2019, 02:04 PM

This is going maybe 20 years ago, but there was a place just north of Grande prairie a few miles, not far though, not sure if it's still there, but I did spend one weekend in this cabins, the jet tub was a great add to the cabin, open room cabin layout.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:25 PM

Check out Grande Cache area, lots of elk but also lots of pressure from hunters. I don't know of any specific cabins or companies that rent them out, but its a good olace to start.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:13 PM

Default Happy Trails Campground and Cabins.

Happy Trails Campground and Cabins, located about 5 miles North of GP.