Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2022, 12:45 PM

Default Foot Surgeons

So i was to have my foot surgery done this upcoming winter, now am being told it could be another 2 years due to Government issues. I want to wait for my surgeon but 2 years is along time to be not able to do the things you enjoy in life. Question I have, is there anyone on here that has had foot surgery or had someone they knew of had it done, and who did you or they use? Thinking of maybe going to a different doctor to get the procedure done sooner if possible, but i am thinking this is doubtful. Willing to drive to get this done if needed. I am in Calgary. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:50 PM

Dr. Scott Smith in Red Deer has helped me in the past. No Complaints at all.
Mike
Old 09-29-2022, 03:41 AM
Gone Hunting

My wife has had several opperations on her feet.

Her latest round of surgeries were preformed in Grande Prairie by Dr. Brent Young, at the Foot Instatute.

We were very happy with the results, and the doctors personality.

She had her feet worked on twice before seeing Dr, Young for the first time.
The previous surgeries failed within a couple of years.

It's been four years since Dr. Young worked on her feet and she has had no issues since then.

He also works in the Foot Instatute in Edmonton.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-29-2022, 08:17 AM

I used dr. Harker in Lethbridge for 2 outside bunions about 7/8 years ago. Surgery was done in Cardston due to waiting times in Lethbridge hospital. Very good care and aftercare, not sure the wait times these days. Back then was about 2/3 months from initial referral to sitting at home waiting to walk again. Quality of work was very well done, would use again. Several extended family members have used him as well for various things, all positive.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:43 PM

I just had a double hind foot fusion for my flat foot, it was to the point standing was almost to much. Surgery was the day after Mother's day, and I started walking August 1st.

Dr. Dodd in Calgary did mine, it was a little depressing being non weight bearing for around 3 months, but I did almost 40km of walking/cycling the other day looking for a bear and I did not experience the same foot/knee/hip/back pain I used to have.

I waited almost two years for it... And was worth it!

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk