Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2021, 03:10 PM

Been watching it up-to-date the first three seasons were pretty good some phony Hollywood scenes of course, but the last episode where the guy gets stabbed in the chest with a 6 or 8 in knife and then is fighting in the ring the next day. It was just too much for me, getting shot in the shoulder and then your on your horse riding the next day . Just not very realistic I know it's TV

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2021, 03:34 PM

Up until that point it was fairly believable? Lol.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:57 AM

Just saw the prequel, 1883 dropped today. I think it’s on Paramount. I have the Paramount + app and there are two episodes on there to watch already.

It’s about John Duttons great grandparents. Just read a review from Richard Roeper. Sounds pretty good.

“The @Yellowstone prequel series "1883" might be the greatest Western saga on TV since the "Lonesome Dove" mini-series some 32 years ago. Stellar performances from the entire cast, led by @FaithHill and @TheTimMcGraw and national treasure Sam Elliott.”
Old 12-21-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
Just saw the prequel, 1883 dropped today. I think it’s on Paramount. I have the Paramount + app and there are two episodes on there to watch already.

It’s about John Duttons great grandparents. Just read a review from Richard Roeper. Sounds pretty good.

“The @Yellowstone prequel series "1883" might be the greatest Western saga on TV since the "Lonesome Dove" mini-series some 32 years ago. Stellar performances from the entire cast, led by @FaithHill and @TheTimMcGraw and national treasure Sam Elliott.”
watched episode 1 so far and, as a bit of a western movie nut, it has my full attention for sure.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:50 PM

Its on US prime I tried watching "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA"

Maybe in the future on Canada prime?
Old 12-21-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Its on US prime I tried watching "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA"

Maybe in the future on Canada prime?
1883 is streaming on the Paramount+ app.
Old 12-21-2021, 03:48 PM

Jellystone is ok, to much drama for me, but 1883 so far is good, I’m an old west kinda guy too. I like the way justice is handed out in both though.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:43 PM

The last few episodes have been lackluster.

I was definitely hoping for more.

Maybe the special interest groups sunk their teeth in.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-21-2021, 07:53 PM

This season the first 2 episodes were great. The rest have been slow and not a lot has been accomplished. The last episode seemed like a commercial for 1883, a commercial for the upcoming show about the 6666 ranch and the last 5 minutes was reminiscent of the old Yellowstone. There are only 2 episodes left so hopefully they are as good as the first two.

I did read this season was filmed during COVID and that’s why things seem a little disjointed. That’s why we see lots of the 6666, a few episodes of what just seemed like the bunkhouse crew and it seems like Rip, Beth and John are only in scenes together.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:57 AM

Its still better than some of the C*ap that is on all the networks in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0272.PNG (80.4 KB, 140 views)
Old 12-27-2021, 10:32 AM

Just watched the second last episode of the season, got to say it’s been a pretty boring season. I think the most interesting story line now is Jimmy lol.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:20 PM

It is jumping the shark.

Who cares about Jimmy? The least important character just above the kid.

What about the revenge against Randal? They turned Jamie into a complete soulless dirtbag, instead of just looking like one.

There must be some real screaming from the special interest groups, John is getting more into native affairs with the kid, Kayce is now in a 4 day dream state, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It is like they are building to a big season ender, but I am afraid it will be crap like the rest of this season.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-27-2021, 12:23 PM

^^^ or a big season ended snorer… it’s just been mostly boring.
Old 12-27-2021, 01:22 PM

Yeah getting abit weird and blah from previous episodes, who cares if Jimmy has coitis

We need guns, killing, train station stuff!!!
Old 12-27-2021, 02:17 PM

The jimmy comment is more to do with how the show overall has gotten quite boring as the season has continued.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:28 PM

No where near as good as the first season. After the blowout with Dad, I wonder if Beth might do something against him. He's got to say sorry or else. She's nothing if not vindictive and it may take Rip to set her straight. Hopefully the season finale.
The Jimmy deal is a feel got thing yet a bit chicken poop compared to his prior antics and activities. Lets hope!
Old 12-27-2021, 04:33 PM

I am still enjoying watching it guys. I don’t agree with some of your comments about Jimmie, I actually like how they show the development of his character. The same way as I like watching the development of the characters of Beth, Rip and weasel Jamie… Good stuff all the way around!
You guys are the waaay too critical, just relax, have a drink and enjoy the show. Or next thing you gonna demand them using live ammo to make realistic shots….
Old 12-27-2021, 05:40 PM

The wife and I are binge watching it on Amazon. Started a couple days ago and blew through the first two seasons so far. Pretty good show in my opinion. I will not read any of the comments here or anywhere else until we're caught up!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
The same way as I like watching the development of the characters of Beth, Rip and weasel Jamie… Good stuff all the way around!
Weasel Jamie? After the extreme humiliation and degradation he's suffered his whole life at the hands of Beth and her dad, I'm rooting for him to plug them both with a .44. Lol. The entire show is about despicable people doing despicable things. Quite ridiculous, but somewhat entertaining in the meantime.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:44 AM

There have been some tests this season to Rip's loyalty to John. Now that Beth has been takin down a notch and him seeing her crying it may come to a head.

Love the drama of this show.

Dodger.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:40 AM

Guys I enjoy All the shows, if you fellows want to be so critical, do it on All the other 'Crap' on TV these days.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:17 PM

love the show . Better than all the other crap on TV IMO . Also Beth is pretty hot
Old 12-28-2021, 12:36 PM
AO Sponsor

I am going against the grain here I know for sure, but Beth is the one character that is so phoney it is ridiculous. I enjoy some of her one liners to be sure, but overall she is so far from believable it is insane. Almost cringe-worthy more often than not.

I actually like the direction Jimmy's character is going and think it could develop interestingly next season, but he needed a lead up, which he was given.

Jamie's character is moving further and further into being a totally manipulated pawn and will continue to be. Not uninteresting.

The cowboys characters are doing cowboy just fine and the new kid is coming along well.

John and Rip really are just continuing the same vibe as day one which works but is not morphing into anything particularly interesting over and beyond the norm.

Kayce, Mo and the chief are interesting and I think next season is going to see a lot more development here.

Overall I do really enjoy the show and watching how the characters are unfolding. I like that they are starting to build on drama rather than just constant gangsterism. Keeps everything a bit more grounded.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-28-2021, 01:09 PM

That's just it Bob- it is the outlandish, wicked, overly dramatic yet subtly grounded parts that keep people liking it and wanting more.

It is like they changed writer and director at the end of s3

Old 12-28-2021, 01:37 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
That's just it Bob- it is the outlandish, wicked, overly dramatic yet subtly grounded parts that keep people liking it and wanting more.

It is like they changed writer and director at the end of s3
Oh for sure... That was just me just channelling my inner Roger Ebert.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-29-2021, 08:17 PM

if anyone wants to watch 1883- just be sure you have a very good antivirus and popup blocker running

https://fmovies.to/series/1883-pmw2q/1-1

Old 12-29-2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
if anyone wants to watch 1883- just be sure you have a very good antivirus and popup blocker running

https://fmovies.to/series/1883-pmw2q/1-1
Thanks man! Much appreciated!
Old 12-29-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I am going against the grain here I know for sure, but Beth is the one character that is so phoney it is ridiculous. I enjoy some of her one liners to be sure, but overall she is so far from believable it is insane. Almost cringe-worthy more often than not.
Agreed. I've grown a bit tired of her character and the way they've developed it.

Really like where Jimmy is going. Always have liked Walker as a character as well, so should be interesting to see what the next few episodes bring!
Old 12-30-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Thanks man! Much appreciated!
adblock stopped 28 attacks in the first 3 seconds on that site lol

Old 12-30-2021, 12:09 PM

Wow- the very first scene was sure not what I thought it was going to be. Definately not the narrative I was expecting from Sheridan who is leaning hard the other way in Yellowstone.