Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2022, 08:25 AM

Default Ford Bronco Sport

Anyone have one? Looking for the good, the bad and the ugly on them. They look like a sweet ride. And hopefully should expect decent fuel economy.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:28 AM

They are basically just an Escape with a different body. If you like the looks of them and want an Escape then it might be a good option for you. They are definitely not a serious 4 wheel drive and won’t stand up to off highway use any better than an Escape. I’d put it in the same league as a RAV4 or CRV but with not as good of a reputation.

They also shouldn’t be confused with the full-sized Bronco which is a totally different beast and very capable off road.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:36 AM

I know a guy who has one, has it set up for back country camping with the tent on top, etc. Loves it for that but says he would not use it for true off-roading. As with most things in life it depends on what you're looking for. A high vehicle with AWD that can go through snow and get you down backcountry roads to go camping they're great, I'd argue you trade off a bit of reliability for a bit of ruggedness relative to a CRV / Rav4.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:44 AM

The top line ones look cool, the base not so much. My friend was telling me the first year model convertibles had a real issue with not sealing and water leaking in. Google can confirm that rumor if a convertible is what your after.

I'm a Ford guy and like the looks of it but knowing it is a glorified Escape is a bit of a bummer.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:06 AM

My buddy bought his wife one. They went to Kelowna and back and it said 6.4L/100k. He said he was going at least 10k over the speed limit whenever he could. His wife loves it too
Old 10-02-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
The top line ones look cool, the base not so much. My friend was telling me the first year model convertibles had a real issue with not sealing and water leaking in. Google can confirm that rumor if a convertible is what your after.
You're confusing the Bronco with the Bronco Sport.
Two totally different vehicles.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:44 PM

Thumbs up Bronco Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarms11 View Post

Anyone have one? Looking for the good, the bad and the ugly on them. They look like a sweet ride. And hopefully should expect decent fuel economy.

I don't have one, and I don't know anyone who does. But I did check them out on Consumer Reports (I have membership access to their full report details), and on Edmunds.

I was quite surprised to see that unlike most Fords, the Bronco Sport in many aspects, is rated fairly high ❗
It looks like it's something to at least consider.

Good Hunting,

Selkirk