Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2022, 01:47 PM

Default Coop vs UFA cardlock

Is there a better choice? Is there a difference in price or dividend between them? Both are close to where I live (within a couple of blocks of each other)
Old 09-27-2022, 02:14 PM

Mostly I buy purple from UFA

But their regular gas is not a deal at all. You can buy cheaper pretty much anywhere today over UFA.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:32 PM

I've been filling up with clear diesel at UFA lately and the price I'm being charged has been from 20 to 30 cents less than near by stations.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
I've been filling up with clear diesel at UFA lately and the price I'm being charged has been from 20 to 30 cents less than near by stations.
Are you using a fleet card? I found that if it is just you, you need to purchase 10000 litres of fuel before the next discount level. Which is very unlikely for the average person. Now if all members on here got a UFA card then the purchasing power is higher with more fuel being used and the discount would be greater.
I think CO-OP you get a % of fuel purchased back. (But I’m not positive)
Old 09-27-2022, 02:47 PM

I have both UFA and Coop card lock and I buy bulk from both. Some days they are the same price some days a few cents apart, I haven’t seen a noticeable difference between the 2 in fuel quality. I go to whichever card lock is more convenient or less busy when I need fuel
Old 09-27-2022, 03:30 PM

Default fuel card options

I have both.
For me, it is strictly a matter of location. I find that coop has more locations in smaller centers where I tend to frequent. The option would be to drive 20-30 minutes away to use the UFA card.
My first choice is with UFA around home and office, coop where no UfA is found.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:37 PM

I don't know about gas but in my circle just about everyone thinks the COOP diesel is better than the UFA. My best mileage has come from the COOP diesel but I haven't used the UFA diesel as I dropped my cardlock card a few years ago on it as the COOP ones are where I need them to be.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:50 PM

I buy marked diesel and gas from the UFA - I buy regular gas from the Coop. The UFA has traditionally not paid dividends on clear gas and clear diesel sales - they funnel that money into the dividends on marked product. Except for a short stint a few months ago, UFA has never been significantly cheaper than the local Coop.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:08 AM

Talked to lady at UFA other day, she quoted me same price for clear and marked diesel to fill my bulk tank. Seems Kenny took marked diesel benefit away for farmers when we go the slight tax break.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Talked to lady at UFA other day, she quoted me same price for clear and marked diesel to fill my bulk tank. Seems Kenny took marked diesel benefit away for farmers when we go the slight tax break.
That seems odd. There is still a difference on the daily price list.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:22 PM

I would just be buying clear fuel, and mainly gas. Only diesel I would be using for two tractors and the small amount of baling I hope(I know I'm crazy) to be doing. I wont be doing enough baling to qualify for dyed. Sounds like Coop would be the way to go