Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 03:37 PM

Default STOLEN - rhino, quad, trailer with fuel tank

Thieves hit our moose camp, it occurred the morning of October 8th in Lamont county, just a couple miles east of elk island toward Chipman. They cut multiple locks off the gate, kicked in the cabin door, broke into shed etc. Initial entry they stole the trailer with fuel tank, then came back in broad daylight with the same trailer to steal the machines. The vin for the 2009 rhino 600 ends with 300638, the rhino is silver in colour with two flood lights on the roll cage, it also has a zombie response decal kit. The vin for the 2004 Honda foreman 450 ends with 502068, the foreman is yellow in colour with a two up seat and square led lights on the front rack. RCMP file #20191545816. The guys would have took some time to remove the fuel tank on trailer so they couldn’t have drove very far, hoping people in Sherwood park, Edmonton, Fort sask, tofield, Lamont and Chipman can keep their eyes peeled. In case your wondering, the one camera on the driveway is hard to see, but the other one near the cabin was in the open and literally 10 feet away. DM me with any info, thanks.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:13 PM

Sorry to here about the theft,
Seems nothing is safe even if locked up ,
Hope they get caught, need more stiffer penalties from thieves.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Banned

Post the pictures on Facebook, hopefully someone recognizes the truck.

Shiddy deal man.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:28 PM

ooh these bastards need to get ball peened.

That's the only thing I have ever heard of that works.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-10-2019, 06:37 PM

2 yrs back my friends cabin got hit close to the Chipman area as well. They broke into his cabin but didn't take the toys in the garage but they know whats there. He got lucky. His neighbor down the road got hit too but we never heard if he lost stuff. This **** is happening way too much. Scum of the earth. I hope you find your stuff.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Banned

My friend has a spypoint camera and last week at 4:30 in the afternoon he started getting notifications on his phone. He sees a guy on a quad stealing his chainsaw so he calls his neighbor and tells him to get over to his place ASAP. As he was pulling up he saw the quad speed off. He passed the picture around and with some of the locals they were able to identify the owner of the quad and the guy who was the thief. After my buddy texted the owner of the quad and told him he’s coming over to get his chainsaw or the quad his chainsaw was returned with a new case to boot. Now there are two places that have been exposed as crack houses and thieves, one in Fawcett and one in Jarvie.

The sad part is, the thief won $1.6 million in 2012, now he’s flat broke, addicted to drugs and relying on being a thief to survive. Such a tragic path, the lotto wrecked his life.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:53 PM

Once a ****head always a ****head...
Old 10-10-2019, 08:25 PM

We have had lots of thefts from ours and the neighbour farms in this area, almost all of the stolen goods and two groups of thieves caught in the act have wound up in the saddle lake area. (one group said they were looking for elk....in our sheds.?, and the other said they thought their friend lived there) We have recovered a few things, but have had to drive up to St. Paul.
I would keep an eye out in a the saddle lake/ St. Paul area.

Last edited by Cervidae; 10-10-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Wording more better
Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 PM

Yes another guy also told me that lots of stolen stuff is ending up in saddle lake.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:12 AM

And a guy on Facebook is saying the group is most likely from Lamont.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:41 AM

The sad part is, the thief won $1.6 million in 2012, now he’s flat broke, addicted to drugs and relying on being a thief to survive. Such a tragic path, the lotto wrecked his life.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say, the lotto did not wreck this POS life, he ruined it himself. He was fortunate to win some money in the lotto like we all dream of. That money should have been used for clearing debt, getting ahead, investing etc... HE chose to blow it on drugs, not the lottery... I would bet almost anything, he was already doing drugs before he won this lottery, he just chose to have an endless supply... until the money ran out. I wouldn't pi$$ on these people if the were on fire... Saying the lotto wrecked his life is like saying that guns shoot people... No, its the person pulling the trigger...

Anyway, Im with Ken, a good sized hammer is what these scums need upside the temple.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:09 PM

I saw a truck and empty trailer just like in the 3rd pic cruise past my place last week. It stood out in my mind because I had never seen that truck on this road before and that trailer is unique. Unfortunately I can't remember the date.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:51 PM
Banned

This theft of your property really does SUCK I have 6 cams at our business and I've come to the realization that security cams really only CONFIRM that your stuff has been stolen and we have pics to prove it!!
Old 10-13-2019, 07:56 PM

Default Update

The quad was located today by another hunter checking trail cams about a mile away, it was tucked into the bush a couple hundred yards. The douchebags either felt the heat or were too high to remember where it was. We’re closing in on the rhino too! Probably best that these guys just park it somewhere and cut their losses. Unfortunately we feel that these scumbags are sledding during the winter months and know the ins and outs of all the private property in the area.