Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-10-2018, 09:43 AM

A while ago I went through a phase of wanting double barreled hammer guns, because they were so cool. Cut one down to 19" just so in my mind I could walk down the streets of Tombstone with Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday. That gun is still very (cool) today. Hows that for a fantasy?
Old 12-10-2018, 09:49 AM

Dropped $1100 on one of these. Actually shoots pretty well, but with the many other Italian shotguns I have, she will be gathering dust.

https://deryaarms.com/en/tum-urunler...-mk-12-as-106s
Old 12-10-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
A while ago I went through a phase of wanting double barreled hammer guns, because they were so cool. Cut one down to 19" just so in my mind I could walk down the streets of Tombstone with Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday. That gun is still very (cool) today. Hows that for a fantasy?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Banned

Most of my firearms purchases have been well thought out with an eye towards practicality, and budget.
Two years ago I bought a Sharps in 45-70 because after watching Quigley Down Under I thought it 'cool' in a historical way.
Glad I did...it's my favorite firearm now.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Most of my firearms purchases have been well thought out with an eye towards practicality, and budget.
Two years ago I bought a Sharps in 45-70 because after watching Quigley Down Under I thought it 'cool' in a historical way.
Glad I did...it's my favorite firearm now.
I love the big Sharps rifles but many do not for various reasons !
However , if one wants to hunt with black powder cartridge guns , besides the H&R Buffalo hunter , the Sharps is the very best as far as ease of cleaning goes - however I have been told more than once I was wrong fir having that opinion!
Practical? Yup! Cool? Right off the cool scale!
Cat
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 AM

The best part of living in a free society (although one could argue outs isn’t really that free) is having the ability to choose how you spend your own money. Just because something isn’t practical doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy it, it’s all up to you. If you got the capital and are willing to make the sacrifice to your pocket book who are we to judge your choices. Shoot what makes you happy!
Old 12-10-2018, 11:30 AM

I don't have enough of a budget to buy just cause it's cool. Every rifle I own fits a specific " need" / role. But if money wasn't an option I could see myself with a few guns just because they are cool.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:00 PM

There are a lot of guns that are impractical and uncool. Or at least look like crap. These I cannot begin to understand.

-Billy Molls
Old 12-10-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
very practical looking gun for home defense, bears in camp or cowboy action shooting!
Of course, I have a sort of affinity towards hammer doubles!
Cat