Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM

Default Lund Pro V

Anyone have any experience with any of the Lund Pro V's. Just bought my 14 foot Naden this year but am considering upgrading to a Pro V for next year. The 1875 is probably all the boat I guy should need. Right?

Bobby B.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM

The problem with boats is avoiding "two foot fever".

I can already see your post for next year. "Just bought my 1875 Lund Pro V this year but am considering upgrading to a Ranger 620 for next year. The 620 is probably all the boat a guy should need. Right?"

The 1875 Pro V would be an awesome boat that would be a great fishing platform and provide a lot of security when the conditions get sporty.

My boat is a Lund Impact and I have no complaints whatsoever. The Pro V would definitely be a couple of steps up. I say "go for it"
Old 07-18-2013, 06:02 PM

I can honestly say that you won't regret it. I bought a new 16' SSV last year and upgraded to the 1875 Pro V this year. No more white knuckle rides when the wind picks up. I have a family of 4 and we can all fish comfortably. I have the 200 V Rod and this unit barely fits into my garage. I have a trailer tux on mine and with the tongue folded in I have about 4" to spare.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM

Oh yeah, the bigger is better syndrome. I will sell my business and retire in three years. From what I understand, I need a hobby or two to prevent me from driving my wife nuts. What better summer hobby than fishing? Who deserves a nice fishing boat more than some guy who has busted his ***** at work for 20 years? Fishing is a healthier hobby than chasing 35 year old broads. Right?

Bobby B.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
Oh yeah, the bigger is better syndrome. I will sell my business and retire in three years. From what I understand, I need a hobby or two to prevent me from driving my wife nuts. What better summer hobby than fishing? Who deserves a nice fishing boat more than some guy who has busted his ***** at work for 20 years? Fishing is a healthier hobby than chasing 35 year old broads. Right?

Bobby B.
Get the boat and do both...
Old 07-18-2013, 06:48 PM

Why not go for the 2075 and save changing again in a year or two?

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 PM

I would love a boat like a Pro V but out of my price range right now. I know where you are coming from as having a nice little boat is great but having something that can get you off the water quickly and be more comfortable etc would be awesome.

The 1875 is the size I would pick but part of that is based on that I usually end up fishing by myself as well as only having an SUV for towing with. If you take more people out regularly, frequent large open lakes, have a truck etc then going with the next size up is probably a good idea.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavCanoe View Post
I would love a boat like a Pro V but out of my price range right now. I know where you are coming from as having a nice little boat is great but having something that can get you off the water quickly and be more comfortable etc would be awesome.

The 1875 is the size I would pick but part of that is based on that I usually end up fishing by myself as well as only having an SUV for towing with. If you take more people out regularly, frequent large open lakes, have a truck etc then going with the next size up is probably a good idea.
Exactly.

Bobby B.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM

I was originally gonna order the 1975 but ended up choosing the 1875. Reason being I couldn't justify paying a premium for an extra 25hp and 10". In another two or three years my kids won't think I'm cool anymore and my wife has no interest in fishing. Just me and my dog, so I think it will suit him and I just right!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:55 PM

You will happy in getting the biggest and best boat you can fit into your garage and into your budget.

I was looking at several boats and settled on the Tyee primarily due to the available full front lounging cushions, ski bar, built in cooler, and other "family friendly" features without sacrificing too much in terms of fishing features.

It's a big decision - so look at everything closely and think about how you will want to use the boat.

The pro v would be my choice if it was a dedicated fishing boat - you simply can't find a better production model of boat.

Make sure it fits in the garage too - my 1800 Tyee windshield clears the garage door by 3" and I MUST tilt the motor down before she is backed in. With the tongue folded and the motor touching the back wall (I installed a piece of foam to protect it on the wall so I can push it right back until it touches) if have 12" to spare.

The garage is an average size 22 deep and 24 wide with a full size double door.

Also - get the biggest and best motor for the boat you can - I am very happy with my 150 Honda and it plenty of power to get up on plane in a few seconds and cruise the lake at over 65km/hr at 90% throttle. Not too much power but more than enough to keep me satisfied with the performance with 3 fat guys in the boat, a full tank of gas and an obscene amount of fishing gear.

The pro V is an outstanding pick - if you are looking for a fishing machine - this is the one.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 AM

my good friend just picked up that exact boat last week. with a 200hp verado on the rear.

what a machine...if you can afford it...do it...there is no finer fishing machine on the market IMO
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Banned

I'd forget about the Virado and go with an E-Tech. Fantastic customer service from BRP and fewer issues. Mercury Marine owns Lund so naturally hang a black engine on it.

Coincidently the newest Mercs. are now white.

And stay away from the GL. Too heavy and, arguably, a rougher ride in heavy seas. Stick with the IPS hull.

I regularly fish with a guy in his 2025 and 250 E-Tech. Fishing boat. Fast, and slow. Perfect. And a lot of boat.

I'd say an 1875 ProV would suit you just fine. The jump from 14' to 20' is enormous.

Free (for what it's worth)
Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 AM

I have 2075 with the 300 verado and absolutely love it . But i put 400-500 hours on the water a year with it .the prov is a great boat
Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.D View Post
I have 2075 with the 300 verado and absolutely love it . But i put 400-500 hours on the water a year with it .the prov is a great boat
Fom what I can judge by the research I've conducted, the 2075 is one hellova machine. I'm sure anyone who has one loves it. How high of seas can it handle comfortably? Do you think it would be suitable for offshore big game fishing in the Caribbean?

Bobby B.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Fom what I can judge by the research I've conducted, the 2075 is one hellova machine. I'm sure anyone who has one loves it. How high of seas can it handle comfortably? Do you think it would be suitable for offshore big game fishing in the Caribbean?

Bobby B.
i dont think dr. d's opinion is a good one to take.

from what i have seen he doesnt even get that big fancy rig on plane.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post

Maybe he should prove it to me?

Bobby B.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Maybe he should prove it to me?

Bobby B.
I will let u try it if u want and maybe u could even show me how to get it up on plane
Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.D View Post
I will let u try it if u want and maybe u could even show me how to get it up on plane
My spider sense is tingling.

Bobby B.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
My spider sense is tingling.

Bobby B.
I might be at pigeon in the next couple of weeks
Old 07-19-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post

20 km an hour is plenty fast
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM

yea we just got one last week ,150 merc on the back......

Nice boat ,just eats up the fuel real fast ,went across a lake and it went down 1/4 tank ,came back and it went down again 1/4 tank.

Heard the 90 hp units are much better on fuel.

Did not like those large captain chairs . Can not spin the chair around to the inside as it hits the inside of the boat.

Vary hard to reload on to the trailer,as the trailer have no side rails to keep you center.

Don't get much for your money ,not even a CD player .

Thats about all the bad things I noticed.

the electric motor i pilot is realy nice , the removeable snap in rug is nice to take out when fishing so it stays clean. Alot of storage .
Its a boat .

Last edited by -JR-; 07-19-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 PM
AO Sponsor

I have the 1600 v pro with a Honda 90 on it and I love it
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM

someone has too much money and no appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Its a boat .