Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM

Can't wait for Scott to grab Torres and slap the beard off his face. How many more players are they going to let Torres hurt? Nucks are looking like a Jr B team. No insult intended to any Jr B teams out there.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:45 AM

Got a sneaky feeling we just may be seeing the Wings represent the west yet again.

Excluding Detroit, I believe no other team has won the cup with a European captain. Smart money avoids Vancouver and Washingon......
Old 04-22-2011, 02:16 AM

is there a 'nucks fan out there that isn't nervous? Man, what is with Louongo? He can be great one night and then bam, two stinkers in a row. Does Vancouver go back with him for game 6 or go with Schneider? My guess is lou for game 6 and if it goes to game 7 schneider gets the nod.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:43 AM

Man oh man.....game 6 back in the windy city, I dont know how we got in there heads, but look out Nucks, the Hawks are ridin high!!!

GO HAWKS!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 PM

Default New York Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard found dead at 28

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/york-ranger...025813197.html
Old 05-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Very sad news. One of the toughest fighters to ever lace 'em up. Apparently, it's going to be a couple of weeks before they can determined COD. His family has made the difficult decision to donate his brain to science to further the studies on concussions. Classy move in a very difficult time.

Godspeed 'Boogie Man'.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Very sad news. One of the toughest fighters to ever lace 'em up. Apparently, it's going to be a couple of weeks before they can determined COD. His family has made the difficult decision to donate his brain to science to further the studies on concussions. Classy move in a very difficult time.

Godspeed 'Boogie Man'.
That enforcer role must be unimaginably tough. Think of guys like Kordic and Probert and now Boogard. I think to get to the NHL with that kind of a rep, then maintain it once your there, must be tougher than anyone knows unless they've done it. How close was Rypien this year? Taking a leave for "personal" reasons. Then, disclosing it was depression. These guys have to be living right on the edge all the time.

I personally hold them in high regard. Thanks, Boogey Man. You were both feared and loved. Thoughts with the family.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:00 PM

Pogo, I agree 110%. In my mind's eye, the 'enforcer' role just may be the toughest one to play in professional sport.

The fact of the matter is that each and every 'goon' has to a talented enough player to log solid 4th line minutes each and every night in the NHL. They can play the game and were always standout players since they were 4-5 years old.

Yet somewhere along the line, some coach decided to slot them into a role due to their size, mentality, despiration, etc.

Each and every one of them dreamed of scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal and being a star.....not someone to be feared, but reveared.

It's a huge physhological struggle for them by times I'm know. Some of course embrace and love the role, but most do not.

Either way, kindda a sad deal.

Tags
ducks