Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2019, 04:48 PM

I'm intrigued as well as to what that circular structure is?
Old 08-13-2019, 05:16 PM

Steady boys...get your eye back on the ball. This thread is morphing into covering a myriad of topics including conspiracy/police cover-up..etc, etc. That structure appears to be nothing more than forest version of crop circles. Could be made by a Sasquatch?
Old 08-13-2019, 06:01 PM

Looks like a giant sundial for passing aircraft who have no way to tell time.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:16 PM

Anyone can tell that’s just your ordinary crop circle. Aliens leave them all the time...
Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Banned

The circle is a proton collider

Or something to do with the nuclear explosion in Russia yesterday
Old 08-13-2019, 08:43 PM

Must be a race track!
Old 08-13-2019, 08:51 PM

It's a navigational device for aircraft flying from the continental US to Europe, Gillam is right under an artery to Europe. Just kidding, kind of, I believe it is a tower yes.

The reason the dogs cant find them is because the dogs are not trained to smell dead bodies. They are trained to track, and they lose 'fresh' tracks all the time. Some are better than others, lots are terrible at tracking but have excellent aggression and a superior bite. Some are great trackers but lack aggression. But none are trained to find dead bodies. That would be a Cadaver dog, which I don't believe they had sought after yet given the area. I've seen them work trying to find a drowning victim in a lake. Fella went missing fishing on a lake here in Alberta. Not a sign of him for 30 days. Brought the Cadaver Dog out, trolled along slowly with the dogs sniffer working the water off the bow, and bam, he sits, alerting his handler that he is indicating on the smell of death. Troll around again, and he alerts again 2 meters away. We got it narrowed down to about a 10 meter square. A week later a very decomposed body surfaced about 50 meters away from where he indicated. Amazing things dogs can do.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedogg View Post
I'm intrigued as well as to what that circular structure is?
Is that an alfalfa field? Maybe it's a watering pivot?
Old 08-13-2019, 11:07 PM

The circular structure seems to be an infinity canal or perhaps a moat. A moat would indicate to me the presence of a medieval fortress, perhaps Castle Anthrax?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:24 AM

The circle is a ground electrode for the converter station named keewatinohk
I worked on that project 3 winters ago. no field or sundial, crop circle, or Sasquatch built it. Lol
Old 08-14-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason crozier View Post
The circle is a ground electrode for the converter station named keewatinohk
I worked on that project 3 winters ago. no field or sundial, crop circle, or Sasquatch built it. Lol
Do you have a link to the article that showed the locations?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
The circular structure seems to be an infinity canal or perhaps a moat. A moat would indicate to me the presence of a medieval fortress, perhaps Castle Anthrax?
It's one of the circular rivers that those millennials think they can put a raft in and end up right back where they started!
Old 08-15-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobin View Post
https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/eal/registr...el_mapbook.pdf

Or UFO landing pad
Old 08-15-2019, 09:41 AM

I seen one of those circle things on Lost. Don't go inside if there is a hatch
Old 08-15-2019, 09:53 AM

Default Google Earth Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobin View Post
If you have Google Earth then search N56 34 56 W93 57 02 which is about 15 Km N.E. of the Fox Lake Reserve
Old 08-19-2019, 06:01 PM

https://www.thestar.com/amp/vancouve...mily-says.html
Old 09-27-2019, 04:17 PM

"Schmegelsky states that they are responsible for the three murders. They were going to march to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa," the police report says.

I guess they didn't own an atlas what a dumb plan
Old 09-27-2019, 07:18 PM

https://nationalpost.com/news/b-c-te..._autoplay=true

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-27-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
"Schmegelsky states that they are responsible for the three murders. They were going to march to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa," the police report says.

I guess they didn't own an atlas what a dumb plan
Hey, they worked at Wall Mart.

Grizz
Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 PM

Kinda amazed they actually gave this much info out.... usually it goes away and you never hear about it again.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:46 PM

CBC: Kam McLeod, Bryer Schmegelsky tried to 'ambush' man on highway

Quote:
Ken Albertsen had just driven 15 hours in one day.

Returning to his home in Alaska from a family trip to Montana last July, the 54-year-old pulled over to the side of the Alaska Highway in Yukon, about 100 kilometres north of the border with B.C.

Albertsen was getting ready to close his eyes when a pickup slowly passed and stopped a little farther up the road. A tall, skinny man got out. He appeared to be holding a long gun.

To Albertsen's unease, the truck started to pull away and the man walked toward the trees, where he assumed a hunting position and slowly began approaching his vehicle.

As the gunman neared, the same pickup truck returned and began slowly blocking Albertsen's exit.

"At that point I realized that this feels like an ambush," Albertsen told CBC News.

"There's a guy approaching the back of my vehicle with a long gun, there's someone pulling around in the front. If I don't take action immediately, I'm going to get blocked in."

Albertsen, a photographer who lives in Palmer, Alaska, is a key witness named in recently unsealed court documents detailing last summer's Canada-wide manhunt for admitted killers Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky.

But on the night of July 17, Albertsen had no idea the two young men from Port Alberni, B.C., had started a killing spree on remote sections of highways in the north of the province.

It was just before midnight, dusk on a midsummer evening. The light was disappearing but Albertsen had good visibility from the pullout where he had parked perpendicular to the highway, facing the road, to get some sleep.

He had just crawled into the backseat and taken his jeans off to lie down, when he saw the pickup pulling in. The vehicle slowed down, slower than walking speed.

Two men were inside; police would later confirm that Albertsen's descriptions of them matched those of McLeod and Schmegelsky.

Albertsen says the passenger door of the pickup truck opened to let out the man with the gun.

He remembers thinking it was strange to see the vehicle pull away after letting the passenger out.

The gunman then crept toward the treeline in a way Albertsen and court documents describe as "stalking behaviour'"or a "hunting stance."

He then walked slowly from tree to tree toward Albertsen's vehicle, holding the rifle or shotgun in "a low-ready position."

"His left hand is on the forearm of the gun, his right hand is on the stock close to the trigger. He's carrying the long gun in a position that would enable him to wing it up and use it readily," said Albertsen.

"By this point I'm paying attention, I don't know I'm under threat, but I'm paying attention."

When the truck returned and pulled into an angle that would cut him off, Albertsen says he knew he had to act.

"I leaped over the backseat, in my underwear, started up the truck, put it in gear and roared out of there," he said.

Albertsen says he tried to look at the man behind the wheel but the driver covered his face as he sped by.

He drove another three or four hours, full of adrenaline after the encounter.

"I honestly believe I was protected by God," he said.

Albertsen admits he hadn't listened to the news for a few days but after returning to Alaska and seeing local news reports about a Canada-wide manhunt, he called the RCMP.

By this stage, McLeod and Schmegelsky had also killed 64-year-old Dyck.

Albertsen made a statement to the RCMP on July 21. On July 23, the RCMP named the pair as suspects.

Months after that midsummer night, Albertsen finds it difficult to pass through the area. He thinks about the victims and how close he came.

"I've been in different dangerous situations at various points in life," he says.

"But realizing that you may have actually been targeted by someone meaning ill will — it's sobering."
What if he reported the encounter right away? Only logical when a couple of turds try to ambush you with a firearm.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:32 PM

I went on a road trip to Alaska last summer. My buddy and I were camped 4 days beforehand in a gravel pit 800 meters from where the couples murder took place. It gives me the willies just thinking about it. I am also upset that this guy didn't report the interaction he had with the two murderers to the police earlier.

In all my life, I've never followed a news story so closely, as it could have been us shot there if we didn't have a change of plans and headed home earlier. We were supposed to go through there two or three days later, close to the time of the killings. Again, gives me chills.

To boot, I know someone that lives in Cold Lake, and he said that a local idiot that obviously never watches the news helped the two suspects pull out their stolen car that was stuck in a ditch, in a residential area. They shook hands and even exchanged names. HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID??!!??? Just watch the damn news! Their faces were all over the place when this happened!

Then in Manitoba, an officer stopped those two guys after they blew through a check-stop and then LET THEM GO!!!!
Old 12-20-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
CBC: Kam McLeod, Bryer Schmegelsky tried to 'ambush' man on highway

What if he reported the encounter right away? Only logical when a couple of turds try to ambush you with a firearm.
What if what if what if.... fact is for whatever reason be it fear Adrenalin or lack of cell service he didn’t report it until several hours later. We can always what if the actions of someone else when we weren’t there. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it won’t bring back those lost to demented kids!
Old 12-20-2019, 11:02 PM

I am not saying what if as in assigning blame. More like if it would prevent one more casualty. I drove the Alaska highway, from the beginning to end. There are definitely areas with no reception (or gas stations, or anything else, for that matter for hundreds of kilometres at a time, lol). Sounds like the guy simply didn’t call until he saw the news; it could have been him, but it ended up being someone else. No reason this shouldn’t have been reported, quite the opposite though.

The blame is on the turds, obviously.

Also, just read the article linked a few posts above (I missed that piece of news). Quite a plan to make it to Europe or Africa the way they went. Took them right about where it was supposed to.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:42 AM

I've always been curious how much time passed after they burnt the car until they committed suicide?
Old 12-21-2019, 09:22 AM

Albersten was pulling a zodiac boat behind his truck. They probably already had a Northern river escape plan when they were still in BC. He was very lucky to escape them. They also had some heavy fire power and believe they bought 750 rounds at Cabelas along with the rifle.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:52 PM

Albertsen:

"..I leaped over the backseat, in my underwear..roared out of there..driver covered his face as he sped by..
..drove three or four hours, full of adrenaline after the encounter...days...after..he called the RCMP.."
---------------------
My massive malfunction: 'Why not report such a life jarring moment ??'
The gun toting scum approaching Albertsen truck, the driver covering his face while roaring past, then driving in his
undies for hrs in a freaked out state of mind =
Massive creepy(and ignored)Red flags were flying.
Albertsten's adrenaline lasting
hrs long, was highly likely because his intuition was made aware that other humans were now in
the same hands of the same exact fear inducing, criminal minded & chaotic fate.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
"..he didn’t report it until several hours later.."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Albertsen admits: "a few days..after, he called the RCMP".
Old 12-21-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlester View Post
I went on a road trip to Alaska last summer. My buddy and I were camped 4 days beforehand in a gravel pit 800 meters from where the couples murder took place. It gives me the willies just thinking about it. I am also upset that this guy didn't report the interaction he had with the two murderers to the police earlier.

In all my life, I've never followed a news story so closely, as it could have been us shot there if we didn't have a change of plans and headed home earlier. We were supposed to go through there two or three days later, close to the time of the killings. Again, gives me chills.

To boot, I know someone that lives in Cold Lake, and he said that a local idiot that obviously never watches the news helped the two suspects pull out their stolen car that was stuck in a ditch, in a residential area. They shook hands and even exchanged names. HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID??!!??? Just watch the damn news! Their faces were all over the place when this happened!

Then in Manitoba, an officer stopped those two guys after they blew through a check-stop and then LET THEM GO!!!!
I was working in ft Nelson when it happened. Sunday (day before bodies found), was a day off, I decided to go for a drive up the highway as I usually do to do some fishing. I went as far as summit lake, and, against my usual “tour”, decided to turn around. Glad I did.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:33 PM

Those two incidents happened before they were suspects

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk