Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
Well, they signed JB for 5 years @6.6 mill. awesome job by sutter. Some fine tuning and they should be good to go.
Wow! They pulled it off. It'll be interesting to see what further shuffling of the deck takes place.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM

great signing...big money though..but most likely worth it. that is one impressive D corps...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM

calgary is gonna have a crazy powerplay this year, looking forward to see how she all turns out.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 PM

looks like heatly is heading to the coilers for Smid, Penner, and cogliano. hmmm not a bad deal for both parties.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:07 PM

Smile

Rumor has it Dion Phanuff is on his way out of Calgary. Possibly going to the Islanders.

I can't see it though as the Islanders will have to use all their cap money for Tavares. But you just never know.

Rob
Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Rumor has it Dion Phanuff is on his way out of Calgary. Possibly going to the Islanders.

I can't see it though as the Islanders will have to use all their cap money for Tavares. But you just never know.

Rob
Ya know I have a feeling he may be on his way out as well.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
looks like heatly is heading to the coilers for Smid, Penner, and cogliano. hmmm not a bad deal for both parties.
Sounds like Heatley turned down the trade. Boy he'll be getting quite the rep around the league.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 PM

to be honest i think it is going to take a couple of decent years under new management and new coaching to make edmonton a place where big players want to come and play. the last few years have somewhat sullied the city as far as some of the players views go...it is sad...but i think it will turn around with a new outlook etc.

that being said..tomorrow is another day...all of my views could be blown out the window hahaha...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
that being said..tomorrow is another day...all of my views could be blown out the window hahaha...
Yep I think they will Heatley really has until tomorrow night at midnight (10pm mountain time) to wave it or not.

As for the flames, now that they have J-Bow you can all say bye bye to Dion and Cammy
Old 07-01-2009, 07:47 AM

cammy is definetly gone. Dion will stay. The more likely exit will probably be langkow I think. but anything is possible. I find it hilarious that Heatly refused to waive his no trade clause last night. too funny.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
cammy is definetly gone. Dion will stay. The more likely exit will probably be langkow I think. but anything is possible. I find it hilarious that Heatly refused to waive his no trade clause last night. too funny.
It would be if he really waved it. HE DID NOT. He has until midnight tonight. Why the heck wouldn't you say to yourself "well I guess i'll sleep on it" when he finds out at 10:30pm eastern time? He didn't say yes he didn't say no, he still has all day. Dont get sucked into the mainstream media that seems to break things before their confirmed, half of them don't have a clue themselves, just like Ottawa's clueless GM, absolute comedy how he doesn't know the rules on his own sniper.

Last edited by ~Octane~; 07-01-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Octane~ View Post
It would be if he really waved it. HE DID NOT. He has until midnight tonight. Why the heck wouldn't you say to yourself "well I guess i'll sleep on it" when he finds out at 10:30pm eastern time? He didn't say yes he didn't say no, he still has all day. Dont get sucked into the mainstream media that seems to break things before their confirmed, half of them don't have a clue themselves, just like Ottawa's clueless GM, absolute comedy how he doesn't know the rules on his own sniper.
hahaha. If a player has to sleep on it then he obviously is not sure about the team he is going too. If he wants out so bad why would he need to think about it. he obviously doesn't really want to come to edmonton. How did the mainstream media break it before it happened. They said right from the get go that the deal was in place pending heatly waiving his no trade clause. They got the story 100% correct at the right time. It was not the GM that had the rules wrong from what I have heard. The media got it wrong, it is kind of a weird rule and it was an easy one to get wrong.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:32 PM

roloson just signed with the islanders for 2 years 5 million. guess the oilers couldnt afford the extra year and 2 million when their fishing for heatley. hope heatley brings a set of pads with him.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
hahaha. If a player has to sleep on it then he obviously is not sure about the team he is going too. If he wants out so bad why would he need to think about it. he obviously doesn't really want to come to edmonton. How did the mainstream media break it before it happened. They said right from the get go that the deal was in place pending heatly waiving his no trade clause. They got the story 100% correct at the right time. It was not the GM that had the rules wrong from what I have heard. The media got it wrong, it is kind of a weird rule and it was an easy one to get wrong.
Dude it's his own right. And your dead wrong about him not wanting to come here, Edmonton was on his list of teams to go to (as per TSN). He already said he would like to come here. Its like if you get a job...you tell your interviewer that you would like to work for them...but you have a day to make the decision incase anything else pops up...would you not wait it out? Simple common sense man. Who knows, now that Hossa is gone from Detroit mabey they will make Ottawa an offer. I'm sure DH would love to win a cup. He didn't say yes or no yet. Most of the media said it had to be done by midnight last night or it would not happen..until Bob MacKenzie (spelling) said what the real deal was. The ottawa GM had it wrong, he said himself it was to be done by midnight last night or no deal. Now everybody realizes he's an idiot!

As for Roli...what a joke. Tambellini sure f***ed that up. Letting our best player go for nothing? He made I believe close to 4 mil last season playing for us...and should have gotten a raise...yet he takes a 2.5 mil per year deal on a chit team because the guy just wants to have some security. If Tambi couldn't have given him that extra year, something is right messed up. And it's not because Roli wanted out of Edmonton like i'm sure some people will convince themselves...he said good things about us today on his way out. Sad. Now we are in a race to get a starting goalie because JDD wont cut it...and theres not much out there. Like giving away our best player for nothing is going to make heatley want to come now
Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM

looks like we have the flame killer.....the boulin wall coming to the oilers. 3.75 mil for 4 years...hmmm not too bad. decent vet goalie....
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
looks like we have the flame killer.....the boulin wall coming to the oilers. 3.75 mil for 4 years...hmmm not too bad. decent vet goalie....

thats what the oilers need is a vet goalie.....i dont know if boulin will turn out any better than roloson though. who knows?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
thats what the oilers need is a vet goalie.....i dont know if boulin will turn out any better than roloson though. who knows?
true, time will tell. i think over all he is a better goalie than roli, however i will miss roli....i liked him a lot. he is also a bit cheaper than roli would have been...and is a cup winner....granted in '04, but he has been there.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Dude it's his own right. And your dead wrong about him not wanting to come here, Edmonton was on his list of teams to go to (as per TSN). He already said he would like to come here. Its like if you get a job...you tell your interviewer that you would like to work for them...but you have a day to make the decision incase anything else pops up...would you not wait it out? Simple common sense man. Who knows, now that Hossa is gone from Detroit mabey they will make Ottawa an offer. I'm sure DH would love to win a cup. He didn't say yes or no yet. Most of the media said it had to be done by midnight last night or it would not happen..until Bob MacKenzie (spelling) said what the real deal was. The ottawa GM had it wrong, he said himself it was to be done by midnight last night or no deal. Now everybody realizes he's an idiot!

As for Roli...what a joke. Tambellini sure f***ed that up. Letting our best player go for nothing? He made I believe close to 4 mil last season playing for us...and should have gotten a raise...yet he takes a 2.5 mil per year deal on a chit team because the guy just wants to have some security. If Tambi couldn't have given him that extra year, something is right messed up. And it's not because Roli wanted out of Edmonton like i'm sure some people will convince themselves...he said good things about us today on his way out. Sad. Now we are in a race to get a starting goalie because JDD wont cut it...and theres not much out there. Like giving away our best player for nothing is going to make heatley want to come now
What planet are you from--? I usually enjoy your posts as they are entertaining to say the least and I respect your loyalty to the Oilers-- but seriously
Old 07-01-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Edmonton was on the list of teams looking to deal for Heatly not on the list of teams he gave to the Sens. Heatly's teams that he requested to go to were the Flames, Canucks, Bruins, Sharks, Kings, Red Wings, Hawks and Rangers. To clarify the deal does not have to be done by anytime. Ottawa wants it done before the deadline of his signing bonus which kicks in tonight. If they trade him before midnight then the Sens do not have to pay the bonus. You are 100% right on Murray not knowing the rules Octane!! The league had to step in and clarify the time of the deadline for him. Pretty bad when your GM does not know when a 4 million dollar bonus kicks in!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 PM

With Roloson off to the Islanders. Will Khabibulin help the Oilers to the cup what kind of a goalie is he?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickit View Post
With Roloson off to the Islanders. Will Khabibulin help the Oilers to the cup what kind of a goalie is he?
Maybe in a few years but the Oilers are far from being a Cup contention team right now. As the young guys get better and maybe some up front talents get added, then they could maybe be there but I don't see it this year.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Cammalleri is off the the Habs... He may get along very well with the resigning of Kovalev. Wonder how replaces him in Calgary.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 PM

I am SO glad to see Rolo gone....I screamed and swore when they gave him 3 years and a wheelbarrow full of cash after the playoff run. He's an aging hack backup goalie who had a good run in the playoffs, gave us 2 very very mediocre years, then played decently (look at the numbers, he was NOT outstanding, tho neither was the team in front of him) in his contract year. Even at that, he did not 'steal' a lot of games for us this year, as a high end goalie will. At age 39 he's not worth any longer than 1 year at a time. SEEEEEEYAAAAAAAA!

This does not make me thrilled with Khabi, tho I do believe he's a small step up.

Heatly - I'll be happy either way I suppose, tho I hate exchanging one drunk driving killer (McTavish) for another. Yes, they've paid their debt to society . Yes, I still hold it against them. Yes, we can use a guy who can be a 1-shot scorer. Yes, it would be fabulous to dump Penner's big salary for one that has some actual trade value come playoff or draft time.....keep looking, Tambellini.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Edmonton was on the list of teams looking to deal for Heatly not on the list of teams he gave to the Sens. Heatly's teams that he requested to go to were the Flames, Canucks, Bruins, Sharks, Kings, Red Wings, Hawks and Rangers. To clarify the deal does not have to be done by anytime. Ottawa wants it done before the deadline of his signing bonus which kicks in tonight. If they trade him before midnight then the Sens do not have to pay the bonus. You are 100% right on Murray not knowing the rules Octane!! The league had to step in and clarify the time of the deadline for him. Pretty bad when your GM does not know when a 4 million dollar bonus kicks in!!!
TSN and Team 1260 is reporting the oilers were on DH's list that he provided. Could you provide proof about the teams you believe were on the list? First time i've EVER heard of the bruins, kings, wings, and hawks. Very interesting if it's true. Murray said he will not trade him if it goes past midnight eastern time...whether thats a bluff or not we do not know.

Jorg - What part of what I said do you not agree with? Maybe pitch into the discussion instead of just bad mouthing me.

Redhouse - lol, and have another drink is all I will say to you, for obvious reasons, and i'm pretty sure most on here would for once agree with me.

Last edited by ~Octane~; 07-02-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
TSN and Team 1260 is reporting the oilers were on DH's list that he provided. Could you provide proof about the teams you believe were on the list? First time i've EVER heard of the bruins, kings, wings, and hawks. Very interesting if it's true. Murray said he will not trade him if it goes past midnight eastern time...whether thats a bluff or not we do not know.
Here is one to start.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=432939
Old 07-02-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
And one more.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/ho...99386-sun.html
Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhouse View Post
I am SO glad to see Rolo gone....I screamed and swore when they gave him 3 years and a wheelbarrow full of cash after the playoff run. He's an aging hack backup goalie who had a good run in the playoffs, gave us 2 very very mediocre years, then played decently (look at the numbers, he was NOT outstanding, tho neither was the team in front of him) in his contract year. Even at that, he did not 'steal' a lot of games for us this year, as a high end goalie will. At age 39 he's not worth any longer than 1 year at a time. SEEEEEEYAAAAAAAA!

This does not make me thrilled with Khabi, tho I do believe he's a small step up.

Heatly - I'll be happy either way I suppose, tho I hate exchanging one drunk driving killer (McTavish) for another. Yes, they've paid their debt to society . Yes, I still hold it against them. Yes, we can use a guy who can be a 1-shot scorer. Yes, it would be fabulous to dump Penner's big salary for one that has some actual trade value come playoff or draft time.....keep looking, Tambellini.

I couldn't agree more with your *****sment of roli. he was mediocre with decent second half last year. the bulin wall was decent last year, his first decent season in a few years. however, the oilers team is a far cry from the hawks last year. edmonton does not have the quality d-men like seabrook, keith, barker. it will be interesting to see how it works out.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:19 PM

I just heard that Joe Sakic is retiring today. Was never a big Av's fan but did enjoy watching Sakic play. He is a classy guy that the NHL will miss.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Default Official 09/10 NHL Thread...

And it starts

Looking forward to discussing " The greatest game on earth" with all of you for the next 10 month's...Oh ya and all the fighting and arguing

Lots of changes in the offseason so lets hear your thoughts....Yes even yours Tree...

Good luck to everyone's teams this year and your all invited to my Flames Cup Party which will be held sometime in June...

Drinks on me
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM

Talking

BB don't you mean Flames cup party in April as that is when you will be crying into your beer cup once again!

Going to be an interesting year with some of the changes out there especially my Habs as they have totally revamped the team. For the better who knows.