Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 09:18 PM

Default Friday Night -- who is goin'??

Well lucky me I was lucky enough to score the work tickets for Friday nights Oilers v Flames game. Should be a gooder!! Cant wait to pull on the copper and blue and head to the dome and cheer the Oilers to thier first win against The Shames this year!

Who else is going, want to hook up for a beer at the dome just before the game or in between periods? Not a flames hater so I will by the first one, even if you are wearing red!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 PM

Um just in case you Flamers Fans missed it the OIL won again tonite vs the Ducks.....just sayn......

Where art thou Captain Calgary????
Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Hoochie Papa

Ya- against the Ducks. Even Steve Urkel stepped on a bug or two in his pathetic life.

I hope that Kipper sits Friday night. Do you thnk if The Oilers shoot one into the bench, they can give it to Kipper and bring up his SV%?
I see a big turnaround for the Flames. Bertuzzi has shown he can score some goals. Cammalarri seems to be finding his zone, and Iggy is poking his head through the darkness again. Little more time playing together, and we got a good team. Alas....the net?????

Wish I could go with you Fall Air, but it's just sooooo nice way up here.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:39 AM

Thats impressive that Fabian Brunnstrum gets a hat trick in his first game. I remeber all the hype about him last season, lets see if he can keep it up. I picked him as the last player in my draft thinking he was a joke, maybe he will pay off?? would that be a nice surprise
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie Papa View Post
I hope that Kipper sits Friday night. :
So it's come to that.... Super hot his first year, the accolades were deserved. Then a consistent decline in performance each of the following years. Newsflash: nevermind this year, check his stats from last year. Miles down in save percentage, goals against, shutouts. Win numbers good because he played nearly every game behind a good team. No longer an elite goalie, just paid like one. Another Khabibulin situation in the making.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:54 AM

i am hoping for a split...but it always seems that kipper finds his stride against the oilers and stops everything....and if we keep letting 30 plus shots through the oilers are in trouble.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 AM

HP,
Next time you are around home if there is a game you want to go to let me and I will try to get the tickets, usually not to hard if I ask far enough ahead of time!

The Oilers are sure fun to watch so far, lots of speed, man can those kids pass the puck and they get back pretty quick too, Calgary should take notes maybe . I really like how quick they move out of thier own zone as well.

As far as the 30 shots a night, I am sceptical that they can get that alot lower just not the build of the team, sure hope that Garon stays on his game! I wonder if they will play Garon back-to-back, sure would like to se deslaurier (sp) play one game this weekend.

I think captian calgary is up north but I am sure he will have plenty to say when he gets back.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Um just in case you Flamers Fans missed it the OIL won again tonite vs the Ducks.....just sayn......

Where art thou Captain Calgary????
Squeeked out another win.lol
Old 10-16-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
stats don't say how, just how many.....haha
Old 10-16-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
just not the build of the team, .
Seems like an iron-clad rule that the Oilers team is built around speed. Been that way since the glory years. Perhaps the fact that old Oilers have been running the team since then has influenced this, but it seems the fans in Edmonton expect it. Everyone wants to win, but I think Edmontonians prefer to lose 5-4 than 2-1. That's why they score a lot of short-handed goals. They are exciting, if not always good.

Calgary has seemed for many years to prefer a slower, more defensive, perhaps more physical game (a reflection of the two GM's I suppose), though they do have a few fast guys. That's why they go for the Nolans et al when Edm won't. That's neither better nor worse when it comes to winning. Just less exciting i think.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Better than squeeking out a loss
And much much better than getting your butt handed to you 5 - 0
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Better than squeeking out a loss
And much much better than getting your butt handed to you 5 - 0
Ouch! Definitely MOA

especially when you are the pre-annointed division champ and assumed cup contender.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM

i think calgary is actually faster this year than in years past...cammi is a skater and glencross can fly....

i am expecting a loss this friday...and to be honest i wouldn't be surprised if the oilers got blown out by the flames. like i said...the flames always seem to hit their stride against the oilers...kipper stands on his head...and the bounces just go the flames way.....naw, i'm not biased or anything haha
Old 10-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
They only test for performance enhancing drugs. You could be a crackhead and play.

FYI, crack and cocain are considered performance enhancing drugs. thus, they are checked for them. Even weed is classified as such. remember Ross Rebagliatti??? olympic snow boarder......
Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 PM

Canucks looked good tonight against Detroit. Luongo was still a little shaky but made some big saves in the third. The young guys did all of the scoring. Other than the ugly game against the Caps the other night, things are looking pretty good so far.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 PM

big game tonight boys!!! Here's to hoping the new goon from the coilers gets a first hand meeting with iggy's left hook.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:09 PM

can iggy jump that high in skates??
Old 10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Default Score!!!!!!

I just got 2 club seats for tonights tilt against the hated Oilers...

Its going to be a good one!!!

Jamie
Old 10-17-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
big game tonight boys!!! Here's to hoping the new goon from the coilers gets a first hand meeting with iggy's left hook.
Looks like you need a reminder of the preseason??

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=K41uJuoXm8c

I don't think Iggy stands a chance
Old 10-17-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I ll take that trade!! Iggy and MacIntyre both sit in the box for 5 minutes, who do you think is going to be missed more?

Heard on the radio that DesLaurier is starting in net tonight, he played pretty good in the dome last week, Man is that going to sting for Flames fans when they cant even beat the Oilers with thier back-up in net!

Jamie, nice score on the club seats. I will be arriving at the 'dome at 6:30 so if you can be there to grab the door for me again that would be great!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:39 PM

Yeah I just read that Deslauriers starting, Looks like Mac T is evening up the odds. Kipper vs Deslauriers.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0039 View Post
Looks like you need a reminder of the preseason??

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=K41uJuoXm8c

I don't think Iggy stands a chance
Iggy is twice the fighter vandemeer is. you watch him fight willie mitchel? Those creative edmonton folk have created yet another catchy thought filled nickname for Macintyre. "smackityre" nice job guys. Almost as original as your precious "Blue mile"
Old 10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
I ll take that trade!! Iggy and MacIntyre both sit in the box for 5 minutes, who do you think is going to be missed more?

Heard on the radio that DesLaurier is starting in net tonight, he played pretty good in the dome last week, Man is that going to sting for Flames fans when they cant even beat the Oilers with thier back-up in net!

Jamie, nice score on the club seats. I will be arriving at the 'dome at 6:30 so if you can be there to grab the door for me again that would be great!
Fall, I have your number. We will be sitting in the Palliser platinum section. Let me see if I can bring a guest on up.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 10-17-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Iggy is twice the fighter vandemeer is. you watch him fight willie mitchel? Those creative edmonton folk have created yet another catchy thought filled nickname for Macintyre. "smackityre" nice job guys. Almost as original as your precious "Blue mile"
and iggy is sooooo outside the box???
Old 10-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Round 1 goes very convincingly to the Oilers.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
C'mon, every true Oilers fan knows that it was the Copper Kilometer, not the Blue Mile, the media made that one up.

As a side note, how long til either Keenan is fired or Kiprusoff is given the hook? Oh wait, I see what the Shames are doing, they're waiting for Kipper to have ONE good game so they can try to justify his salary to possible trading partners. Great Plan!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:14 PM

I'm going to enjoy watching Keenan run another team into the sewer.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 PM

As far as kipper goes..... Same 'ole kipper. He always starts bad. No worries there. And Keenan........... What can I say. I don't care much for him really. much better options out there right now. Should we follow the example set by the Hawks?? We shall see.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannie View Post
Round 1 goes very convincingly to the Oilers.
CONVINCINGLY??????

Are you on crack?

If it was not for the 6th man advantage this would have been Calgarys game.
Sure they evened it up, but by then the damage had been done.

Not the best battle of alberta I have seen.
Same Refs tommorow night

DION was a force. 2 big hits to the same guy on the same shift, followed by a helper.
If thats as good as Ed plays you boys from the north have some problems.
However.. You did win and for that I tip my hat.. Dont get to used to it however.

As for the sea of red.. What the heck is up with all the oiler fans at our game. It was CRAZY. Almost like a stamp/riders game in Calgary. Did all your succesful people move down here? So many mullets in one place.. I could feel the IQ dropping as the stands filled up.

See you tommorow night

Jamie
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 PM

Always excuses James, never fails with you... brag, brag, then brag somemore, until another team, hands one to ya. Then.... heaven forbid.. ( which is so always painful to read.. ) well , ya ... but we did this ... an then this guy did this.... blah blah blah. Big hitters always hit. Where are the special teams, p/k, p/p, that chit man?? Playmakers?? Bertuzzi 2nd star?? He was the only flame with spark, just didnt see alot of good hockey from team red tonite,...... cant wait for your next rendition, on what we did wrong.... stay tuned AO. Good for the OIL, played hard, skated hard, shots on Kipper the key, little weak in hits though, but showing alot of youth and talent, Saturday game shall be a thirst quencher for sure......