Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 07:03 PM

Default K31 search

I have wanted a K31 for awhile. I handled a couple at WSS and liked what I saw. I'm set on a walnut stock. And accuracy is next. Anyone seen any or have one they would sell? Or berdan primers? I'd like to play with reloading some of the ammo I have. Gonna hydrolically remove the primers. End goal is to take deer with it. Where I hunt out by Rocky Mountain house for some of my deer it's rare that I shoot over 100 yards.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 PM

Buy Privi brass. They make that chambering. Don't waste your time with military brass unless you buy the RCBs tool that removes those primers (100bucks or so), save your military brass mind you. I got my brass from Rustywood trading. The Privi brass is good stuff. The water method looks like a labour of love. I tried it with some Kynoch martini brass and it didn't work so well. I didn't realize that the k31 rifles dried up so quickly. did you see this rifle recently at WSS?
Old 07-18-2017, 09:11 AM

Default Gp11

Is great brass and not hard to reload.To de-prime I put a small piece of plywood on the driveway with the brass in the correct shell holder/fill case with water and drive a socket extension that fits in the case.Pops right out.Tradex has the primers.To resize cases remove the de-capping pin ans size away.Harold
Old 07-18-2017, 09:23 AM

I have a couple with the non walnut stock, I think beach wood?
Anyway, unbelievable how well they shoot.
I took a doe last year with it, 104 yards, open sights, felt just like a just like a layup.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I have wanted a K31 for awhile. I handled a couple at WSS and liked what I saw. I'm set on a walnut stock. And accuracy is next. Anyone seen any or have one they would sell? Or berdan primers? I'd like to play with reloading some of the ammo I have. Gonna hydrolically remove the primers. End goal is to take deer with it. Where I hunt out by Rocky Mountain house for some of my deer it's rare that I shoot over 100 yards.
A couple years ago they were all over the place, I bought one and now they are worth a lot more. Not for sale though, IMO even at twice what I paid they are still a best buy for full power milsurps. I love my Swiss rifle.