Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
The only ways this thread would get more interesting is...............

1- Crossbows were made by Savage
2-Shot in Archery season only
3- Shot by all the bad Butchers in Alberta.
4 - The Metis invented the Crossbow
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Predator View Post
Would like to here from the alberta crossbow assosiation oh wait the isnt one
lol, big picture stuff really lost on u and potty, I guess when it suits it's human nature to turn a blind eye...there shouldn't need to an association lol...there already is one...but rather than learn about the tool then apply logic recognizing the situation and gain for hunting in Alberta...well u get it right? Need to preserve those yearly trophy tags/moose elk tags etc. at all cost even though there is no cost here...this entire thing is win win, the way it's going is lose lose and aba is dug in deep now, almost feel bad for em, whatever, all u have to do to understand the situation is a) lose the emotion and b) learn about the tool....easy right ha ha.....ride the coat tails....omg, seriously funny stuff, has nothing to do with that, it's simply applying logic....all that nonsense talk is merely short sited deflection....try and keep focus off the truth, I'm glad it still cracks me up after all these years....doesn't affect me one bit as I'm still young enough and pulling top poundages and speeds, I'd put myself against any crossbow hunter and feel I could outdo them, range, u name it as it's proven over and over by stats...99% hunter 1% tool....if u r a good killer it doesn't matter what tool u pick up...u will still be a good killer and run at the top of the list for killers with said tool...compounds and crossbows top out at the same success levels per number of hunters....figure that, bipod? That is hilarious...good luck with that, clueless...truly clueless. Ya, throw a bipod on it and they jump right in back or truck after gutting themselves first, love it!

End of day if I was selfish I'd post exactly what not so ultimate pred posts as it would benefit me...no can do tho,
Old 05-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Exactly. ..

No group to represent the xbow.. just beg whine and plead to join the archery season , on the work of the aba and volunteers. ...

2 years have passed, more than enough time to organize something from the yes guys...but nothing again....
Why is there a need for a separate organization..... there already is an Archery organization and no matter how you split hairs a crossbow is a form of archery..... that's like saying there should be a separate group for 1 kind of rifle instead of a firearms owners group..... or a special group for ELK hunters instead of a hunters association......etc, etc, etc.......
Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Why is there a need for a separate organization..... there already is an Archery organization and no matter how you split hairs a crossbow is a form of archery..... that's like saying there should be a separate group for 1 kind of rifle instead of a firearms owners group..... or a special group for ELK hunters instead of a hunters association......etc, etc, etc.......
Exactly...same s#*t different pile
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
Don't worry about it buddy, you did nothing wrong. This is one of those things that stir the pot. Instead of just agreeing or disagreeing and leaving it at that some of these guys fly off in all directions looking for someone to argue with. We will be glad to have you when you get here. Maybe you and I can go crossbow hunting together some day.
Exactly
Old 05-23-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
A xgun is not archery tackle for one... Albertans voted and agreed on that, and that they dont belong in the archery season.... majority of your piers agree with that.

Two, many of the archery privileges bowhunters enjoy today are a direct result of hard work from organizations like the aba...... ( get it stinky?)

Alberta is full of organizations that are very specific, and many general ones as well... 3 guys crying on AO, is a far cry for support of xguns. Only a strong organization could prove me wrong, otherwise I look at it , like a few jealous guys that want to eat their cake too.

If there is that much interest in xguns, start a club and put your issues forward...jump through the hoops and get what you want. The archery association of this province does not want xguns in their club jor do they acknowledge xguns as anything similar to bows.... theyve worked hard for what they have, and wouldn't share it with a weapon that isn't a bow either...
Old 05-23-2013, 11:13 AM

WOW!!! ...this took an hour to read...lol...Hard to distinguish between those serious and those simply stirring the pot...

Kinna a Chevy/Ford...politics/religion type of post...no resolve

lol

Neil
Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
A xgun is not archery tackle for one... Albertans voted and agreed on that, and that they dont belong in the archery season.... majority of your piers agree with that.

Two, many of the archery privileges bowhunters enjoy today are a direct result of hard work from organizations like the aba...... ( get it stinky?)

Alberta is full of organizations that are very specific, and many general ones as well... 3 guys crying on AO, is a far cry for support of xguns. Only a strong organization could prove me wrong, otherwise I look at it , like a few jealous guys that want to eat their cake too.
If there is that much interest in xguns, start a club and put your issues forward...jump through the hoops and get what you want. The archery association of this province does not want xguns in their club jor do they acknowledge xguns as anything similar to bows.... theyve worked hard for what they have, and wouldn't share it with a weapon that isn't a bow either...
Potty you are completely missing the point, and the highlighted section of your quote kind of shows how far out in left field you are.

How are the guys opposing your opinion in any way jealous of anything? They bow hunt the very same way you do, same way i do, etc etc. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I hate to break it to you, but by bowhunting youre not doing anything special bud, any average monkey can go out bowhunting. It doesnt make you a hero, so again how does any sort of jealousy factor into it? Where the two asides differ is one side wants to allow other people to have the option of using a different version of a vertical bow, whereas your side seems to only want to keep it to "an exclusive club". I personally could care less if i run into a guy using an xbow while im out bowhunting. Really honestly could care less. Im confident enough in my abilities and who i am as a hunter and outdoorsmen to frankly not give a flying (you know what) when it comes to what floats the next guys boat. Just because I haul around my compound doesnt make me "an above average hunter". It doesnt grant me special privileges, and i certainly dont hold myself in higher regard than guys that shoot only rifles during deer season. Perosnally speaking to me, if factoring xbows gets another percentage of people into the hunting community its a win win for all parties involved. We are already facing declining numbers yet the ABA refuses to acknowledge that power comes in numbers. I hate to say it but guys like yourself fuel the perception that bowhunters are guys working 9-5 then going home to their top floor condo in south edmonton, spending the weekends buying the newest goretex camo, and making sny comments about the "redneck" they were forced to chat with in the field and how he's not a real hunter because he blasts away rounds from his 30-30 lever action. Its just flat out wrong that an interest group (ABA) has ANY sort of personal agenda.

Last edited by jryley; 05-23-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
Potty you are completely missing the point, and the highlighted section of your quote kind of shows how far out in left field you are.

How are the guys opposing your opinion in any way jealous of anything? They bow hunt the very same way you do, same way i do, etc etc. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I hate to break it to you, but by bowhunting youre not doing anything special bud, any average monkey can go out bowhunting. It doesnt make you a hero, so again how does any sort of jealousy factor into it? Where the two asides differ is one side wants to allow other people to have the option of using a different version of a vertical bow, whereas your side seems to only want to keep it to "an exclusive club". I personally could care less if i run into a guy using an xbow while im out bowhunting. Really honestly could care less. Im confident enough in my abilities and who i am as a hunter and outdoorsmen to frankly not give a flying (you know what) when it comes to what floats the next guys boat. Just because I haul around my compound doesnt
make me "an above average hunter". It doesnt grant me special privileges, and i certainly dont hold myself in higher regard than guys that shoot only rifles during deer season. Perosnally speaking to me, if factoring xbows gets another percentage of people into the hunting community its a win win for all parties involved. We are already facing declining numbers yet the ABA refuses to acknowledge that power comes in numbers. I hate to say it but guys like yourself fuel the perception that bowhunters are guys working 9-5 then going home to their top floor condo in south edmonton, spending the weekends buying
the newest goretex camo, and making sny comments about the "redneck" they were forced to chat with in the field and how he's not a real hunter because he blasts away rounds from his 30-30 lever action. Its just flat out wrong that an interest group (ABA) has ANY sort of personal agenda.
Never said I did anything special.... Nor do I believe bow hunting is better than any other type of hunting... I do it all... Not once have I said any of that... I enjoy all of it and respect it all.... As long as its within the rules!!!

You honestly believe that including xguns in the archery season will increase the net number of hunters in this province??? Your wrong, it will just shift the same numbers.

Stereotyping me one way, would stereotype you the other way then, wouldn't you think.? Cause that's how a lot of people perceive you on here.

Each time I ran into a xgun in the field , I had to make a phone to to F&W to have someone charged ... 3 for 3..... But I have hunted with a guy who used a xgun...he only had 3 fingers and on his only arm.

Each interest association in Alberta , is build on the basis of taking care of their own interest.... I could be wrong, but fnaws (for sheep) doesn't really have much to do with the antelope.... Each group is formed with their own specific and specialized topic and agenda at hand..... Can't say I begrudge any of them for that.

Last edited by pottymouth; 05-23-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:46 AM

Those missing the point are those that think a Cross Bow is archery.
It's funny how we don't see crossbows being used in the general seasons where they are permitted.
I have yet to see 1 person with a crossbow during the general seasons , however I have seen many bowhunters with Traditional bows, and compounds hunting in the general seasons.
How many pro crossbow posters are involved in the guiding industry, where allowing crossbows would increase revenue for them? and how many are involved in the Crossbow industry where stirring the pot with these threads might be good for business?
Pete
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Never said I did anything special.... Nor do I believe bow hunting is better than any other type of hunting... I do it all... Not once have I said any of that... I enjoy all of it and respect it all.... As long as its within the rules!!!

You honestly believe that including xguns in the archery season will increase the net number of hunters in this province??? Your wrong, it will just shift the same numbers.

Stereotyping me one way, would stereotype you the other way then, wouldn't you think.? Cause that's how a lot of people perceive you on here.

Each time I ran into a xgun in the field , I had to make a phone to to F&W to have someone charged ... 3 for 3..... But I have hunted with a guy who used a xgun...he only had 3 fingers and on his only arm.

Each interest association in Alberta , is build on the basis of taking care of their own interest.... I could be wrong, but fnaws (for sheep) doesn't really have much to do with the antelope.... Each group is formed with their own specific and specialized topic and agenda at hand..... Can't say I begrudge any of them for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
It's funny how we don't see crossbows being used in the general seasons where they are permitted.
I have yet to see 1 person with a crossbow during the general seasons , however I have seen many bowhunters with Traditional bows, and compounds hunting in the general seasons.
How many pro crossbow posters are involved in the guiding industry, where allowing crossbows would increase revenue for them? and how many are involved in the Crossbow industry where stirring the pot with these threads might be good for business?
Pete
FYI pete, I hunted almost the entire general season with my crossbow.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Pete
Well said
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
FYI pete, I hunted almost the entire general season with my crossbow.
Awesome how did you make out?

LC
Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:

I must ask why you had to call in the xbow hunters to F&W? was it an obvious poaching incident? Plz provide som,e background

relating xbow hunters to illegal acts is a weak statement and really had no place in your post as its pretty much irrellevant.

last season i booted two bowhunters from my turf. They figured it wasnt a big deal to be on the land because A) they were bowhunting and B) they were walking.

So whats your point potty
Old 05-23-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I must ask why you had to call in the xbow hunters to F&W? was it an obvious poaching incident? Plz provide som,e background

relating xbow hunters to illegal acts is a weak statement and really had no place in your post as its pretty much irrellevant.

last season i booted two bowhunters from my turf. They figured it wasnt a big deal to be on the land because A) they were bowhunting and B) they were walking.

So whats your point potty
Just tired of guys shooting xguns from inside their vehicles on private land... I was refering to comment on how you could care less if you ran into a guy xgun hunting. .. I generally would too , but each one I've ran into has been charged... and those are just the ones I've caught...

That's the only part you want to comment on, from that who post?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Those missing the point are those that think a Cross Bow is archery.It's funny how we don't see crossbows being used in the general seasons where they are permitted.
Pete
No more no less "archery" than a compound vs a long bow. useless statement and more a matter of opinion than anything. Whole other can of worms, in which you can be certain guys would speak up that compound bow hunting is cheating when compared to traditional stuff and should also be removed from bow season much like xbows arent legal during bow season.

Im neither involved in guiding or selling of crossbows....once again....whats your point.

Aside from the spa lady womens exclusive club arguement of xbows not being archery gear.....do have any valid arguements to post on AO? as in promoting our lifestyle and offering every means possible to gather new members to our community?

Or are you going to be continuously bent on having to flash the secret handshake at the door?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Just tired of guys shooting xguns from inside their vehicles on private land... I was refering to comment on how you could care less if you ran into a guy xgun hunting. .. I generally would too , but each one I've ran into has been charged... and those are just the ones I've caught...

That's the only part you want to comment on, from that who post?
See thats my point potty. Im sure youre a great guy and im sure we could swap stories all day long over a beer and walk away happy. But making a random statement like that about the only 3 xbow hunters youve encountered, whether true or not, really only adds to that general perception about bowhunters percieving themselves as superior in every way. I think some of you guys are taking statements from guys like me the wrong way. Nothing would make me happier than to see guys beleive everything i do, do things my way, be as much of a purist as i try to be, only still hunt like i do, challenge themselves to get closer than last year whether it be with a gun or bow, just because they enjoy challenging themselves. But thats a pipedream and honestly a lot of guys dont get involved in hunting because they think its too much work. I really dont care if the next guy is 'lazier' than me. I do care if theres fewer hoops to jump through to at least try everything once. If a guy only has an interest in xbows and couldnt be bothered with a compound, and his interest affords him the opportunity to try big game hunting in warm mid september weather then to me thats awesome, as we will probably have another fraternity member willing to drop half his months income supporting the outdoors every year.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
A xgun is not archery tackle for one...
well its high time they changed their name to the aaa don't ya think? alberta archery hunters association instead of alberta bowhunters association...I think the aba is totally misrepresenting itself using the term bowhunters in the middle
Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
See thats my point potty. Im sure youre a great guy and im sure we could swap stories all day long over a beer and walk away happy. But making a random statement like that about the only 3 xbow hunters youve encountered, whether true or not, really only adds to that general perception about bowhunters percieving themselves as superior in every way. I think some of you guys are taking statements from guys like me the wrong way. Nothing would make me happier than to see guys beleive everything i do, do things my way, be as much of a purist as i try to be, only still hunt like i do, challenge themselves to get closer than last year whether it be with a gun or bow, just because they enjoy challenging themselves. But thats a pipedream and honestly a lot of guys dont get involved in hunting because they think its too much work. I really dont care if the next guy is 'lazier' than me. I do care if theres fewer hoops to jump through to at least try everything once. If a guy only has an interest in xbows and couldnt be bothered with a compound, and his interest affords him the opportunity to try big game hunting in warm mid september weather then to me thats awesome, as we will probably have another fraternity member willing to drop half his months income supporting the outdoors every year.

I was rifle hunting when I caught the last guy.... so I guess , us rifle hunters think we are superior as well........ it looks bad when you call bowhunters elitest , and the guy your refering to hunts with a rifle and muzzle loader as well.

Do it legal, and I don't care what you use.... general xgun pics are rare, but would be nice to see the odd one.

Xguns are not allowed in the archery season, because they are not archery equipment. Voted by Albertans... end of discussion.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
well its high time they changed their name to the aaa don't ya think? alberta archery hunters association instead of alberta bowhunters association...I think the aba is totally misrepresenting itself using the term bowhunters in the middle
Why they don't represent xguns... nor do they want to. They have there name for what they represent. ..... start your own alberta xgun association.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol yes, only reason you've encountered so few crossbows is because why?....wait for it........why would there be any number of them at all in this province? its such an evil criminals tool lol...dang we are so far behind on this we think we're way out front, smells fishy Potty but rest assured kicking the door open with a verticle bow would be 100x more effective than a loaded crossbow inside a truck...my goodness touching off a crossbow going off inside a truck sounds like an instant hospital visit to me....then again...i'm sure it was the crossbow that told the poachers you ran into to be....well....poachers, has to be the crossbows fault due to pure evilness....not poachers who look for any way to kill stuff, no rules, guns/bows(all of them) you name it....but yeah...those crossbows just looked at those guys and made them poachers...nature of the beast ha ha...the verticle bow as mentioned is more versatile than the crossbow...even if you don't like to step out of the truck as I see it as soon as door open its just like shooting left out of your treestand, sitting and all, need a gunner for the otherside of the truck find a lefty to ride with ya lol....what do guys do with loaded crossbows in truck when fish cops pull up behind them? can they decock them easily enough or just dry fire the thing in cab without a bolt in....I dunno, not saying poachers are thick with grey matter but if a guy used some the verticle bow would be the way to go....sad to say its the more versatile tool....even for poachers

why do these lame arguments continue, I knew we were going to get to the data stage in this thread, the links will be coming, all the proof stuff etc....man I hope not, there is right and wrong, run as many deflectionary scenerios as you can to keep the focus off the truth....this is a good time of year for a little fun
Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
lol yes, only reason you've encountered so few crossbows is because why?....wait for it........why would there be any number of them at all in this province? its such an evil criminals tool lol...dang we are so far behind on this we think we're way out front, smells fishy Potty but rest assured kicking the door open with a verticle bow would be 100x more effective than a loaded crossbow inside a truck...my goodness touching off a crossbow going off inside a truck sounds like an instant hospital visit to me....then again...i'm sure it was the crossbow that told the poachers you ran into to be....well....poachers, has to be the crossbows fault due to pure evilness....not poachers who look for any way to kill stuff, no rules, guns/bows(all of them) you name it....but yeah...those crossbows just looked at those guys and made them poachers...nature of the beast ha ha...the verticle bow as mentioned is more versatile than the crossbow...even if you don't like to step out of the truck as I see it as soon as door open its just like shooting left out of your treestand, sitting and all, need a gunner for the otherside of the truck find a lefty to ride with ya lol....what do guys do with loaded crossbows in truck when fish cops pull up behind them? can they decock them easily enough or just dry fire the thing in cab without a bolt in....I dunno, not saying poachers are thick with grey matter but if a guy used some the
verticle bow would be the way to go....sad to say its the more versatile tool....even for poachers

why do these lame arguments continue, I knew we were going to get to the data stage in this thread, the links will be coming, all the proof stuff etc....man I hope not, there is right and
wrong, run as many deflectionary scenerios as you can to keep the focus off the truth....this is a good time of year for a little fun

What I saw has nothing to with anything, other than answering a question of what happened.. and yes until I met you and you showed me how and it actually can be done, I didn't think you could shoot a bow from inside a truck... would argued that until I was blue in the face, if you hadnt showed me.

Rest assured the morons shooting their xguns out the truck , unfortunately didn't end up hospitalized by it.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I was rifle hunting when I caught the last guy.... so I guess , us rifle hunters think we are superior as well........ it looks bad when you call bowhunters elitest , and the guy your refering to hunts with a rifle and muzzle loader as well.

Do it legal, and I don't care what you use.... general xgun pics are rare, but would be nice to see the odd one.

Xguns are not allowed in the archery season, because they are not archery equipment. Voted by Albertans... end of discussion.
I dont recall voting, but thats my fault and not anyone elses.

if im in the minority thats fine! im trying to make a case for my minority arguement, so no its not end of discussion. We wouldnt bother voting every four years for a government if thats the case.

I hate to say it but it is in fact secondary agenda on behalf of groups like the ABA. allowing guy use of a crossbow in the general season is a complete copp out. owhunting in september is a massive advantage for guys as still hunting is twice as easy as a late november snow crunch scenario. ABA members are SOLELY worried about fewer trophy quality animals being available during the easier times of harvest. You wanna talk lazy, thats lazy. Limit your harvester numbers to limit effort towards a harvest.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why they don't represent xguns... nor do they want to. They have there name for what they represent. ..... start your own alberta xgun association.
no, they have hung their hat on this definition, they should do the same with their name, broken record but if you head afield with a crossbow you will be bowhunting, all same tactics, distances, harvest percentages, in the eyes of wildlife management it sure seems to be a bow and in the eyes of the animals too...a couple little technical differences maybe similar to fingers vs release aid or single pin slider vs multi fixed pin, dual cam compouns vs recurve/traditional...grasping at straws, gotta accept its bowhunting, maybe not archery hunting by definition but its bowhunting alright

if we need a crossbow organization then aba MUST change its name to archeryhunting in the middle and while we are at it we better have associations for hoyt, Mathews, bowtech, pse and then the rest can gang up in one....cuz I hear those bowtech guys are pretty snobby, not sure I wanna join that membership, oh, and then one master organization called the alberta bowhunters association can rule all the separate little associations of snobs...wait, we already have a bowhunters association....wtf? doesn't seem to be realizing all the bowhunters wants at all lol, just the archery purists

relax potty, we still got our muley's in the bowzone every year...what gives....the crossbow would not have changed a thing, the compounds are already grown past the effective numbers for harvest percentages that were originally set up....we compound guys didn't need any help to push how many zones to draw for antlerless moose/trophy mule deer etc. etc.

it is NOT a threat, just a tool without a home yet a perfectly good home for it exists and benefits all hunting period, giving hunting more versatility and options to more people to enjoy what bowhunting is all about, it changes nothing, it will hurt opportunity NOT....because it IS a bow in every way that really matters
Old 05-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
don't quote me but I think it was fairly close, maybe someone with the data can bring it to the table again, not that a vote should even be part of the decision when you have a crapload of the continent to learn from the data where it is considered another bow...that should be enough for a leading progressive staying with times province like Alberta eh? oh I kill me
Old 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pete
do you see many compound bows running around during the general season when the rifles come out? I never have...and i'm betting compound bowhunters out number crossbow guys 2000 to 1 since there really isn't a good reason to have a crossbow other than physical limitations....but yeah, seeing a crossbow in general season would be like seeing a black cougar....buy a lottery ticket if you see either lol
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Wow! Now we are talking about crossbows being shot from inside a truck!? That, I would like to see!

This thread is as awesome as the last one.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:

if im in the minority thats fine! im trying to make a case for my minority arguement, so no its not end of discussion. We wouldnt bother voting every four years for a government if thats the case.

I hate to say it but it is in fact secondary agenda on behalf of groups like the ABA. allowing guy use of a crossbow in the general season is a complete copp out. owhunting in september is a massive advantage for guys as still hunting is twice as easy as a late november snow crunch scenario. ABA members are SOLELY worried about fewer trophy quality animals being available during the easier times of harvest. You wanna talk lazy, thats lazy. Limit your harvester numbers to limit effort towards a harvest.
Senerios and variables constantly change during hunting. A competent hunter will make his adjustments and continue his pursuits. Regardless of terrain, weather or month... but sometimes excuses are plentiful and easier to execute. ..... I know I don't use excuses that prevent me from pursuing my goals and passion.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

How are the guys opposing your opinion in any way jealous of anything? They bow hunt the very same way you do, same way i do, etc etc. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I hate to break it to you, but by bowhunting youre not doing anything special bud, any average monkey can go out bowhunting. It doesnt make you a hero, so again how does any sort of jealousy factor into it? Where the two asides differ is one side wants to allow other people to have the option of using a different version of a vertical bow, whereas your side seems to only want to keep it to "an exclusive club". I personally could care less if i run into a guy using an xbow while im out bowhunting. Really honestly could care less. Im confident enough in my abilities and who i am as a hunter and outdoorsmen to frankly not give a flying (you know what) when it comes to what floats the next guys boat. Just because I haul around my compound doesnt make me "an above average hunter". It doesnt grant me special privileges, and i certainly dont hold myself in higher regard than guys that shoot only rifles during deer season. Perosnally speaking to me, if factoring xbows gets another percentage of people into the hunting community its a win win for all parties involved. We are already facing declining numbers yet the ABA refuses to acknowledge that power comes in numbers. I hate to say it but guys like yourself fuel the perception that bowhunters are guys working 9-5 then going home to their top floor condo in south edmonton, spending the weekends buying the newest goretex camo, and making sny comments about the "redneck" they were forced to chat with in the field and how he's not a real hunter because he blasts away rounds from his 30-30 lever action. Its just flat out wrong that an interest group (ABA) has ANY sort of personal agenda.
favorite post in this thread, x1000

personal favorite part of it is this...

I hate to break it to you, but by bowhunting youre not doing anything special bud, any average monkey can go out bowhunting. It doesnt make you a hero
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
do you see many compound bows running around during the general season when the rifles come out? I never have...and i'm betting compound bowhunters out number crossbow guys 2000 to 1 since there really isn't a good reason to have a crossbow other than physical limitations....but yeah, seeing a crossbow in general season would be like seeing a black cougar....buy a lottery ticket if you see either lol
Yes you have liar.... the day you shot your sheep , I was on my way out and all I had with me was my bow. I even showed you it , when we talked on th e side of the road.