Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2019, 08:46 PM

Default Alberta Stag Party Small Fishing Cabin

Hi All,

I am planning a Stag party for about 15 men (all around the age of 30 to 40). A few years ago I was on a stag to a lake in Northern Saskatchewan where multiple small cabins (cheap and rustic) were available for rent that maybe held 4 guys per unit. In addition a nearby boat rental shop offered aluminum fishing boat rentals with probably a 9HP engine. This was a great experience and worked well for the larger group. One of the requirements for this trip is that the drive for everyone (half out of edmonton and half out of calgary) is not too long for a weekend trip. I am reluctant to book an Airbnb cabin because most request no parties or events. I doubt this group gets too roudy but needless to say a provincial park is out of the question. Gull and Buck lake don't seem like smart options here. Wondering if anyone has any experience with similar events? Not looking for fancy amenities here, just a few beers in the woods. Prospective date is the weekend after May long weekend. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:03 AM

I vote for the Alberta Stag Party !!
Old 03-29-2019, 06:17 PM

I just booked a camping bachelor party for my buddy last week. Ended up booking a group site by Rocky mountain House / Nordegg, it has a private locked gate and a couple outhouses. Also has a cool stream going right through it that is apparently good for fly fishing and has quad trails right out of the site. We just rented a big outfitters tent and will be playing drinking games all weekend with nobody to bother us. Not sure if that's quite what you're going for but maybe check for group sites around Abraham lake and rent a boat / trailer/ motorhome?
Good luck and have fun
Old 02-28-2020, 12:20 AM

Thumbs up Camp site

Taylorchambers5

Just found this thread while looking for bachelor party ideas and was curious what camp site you were at to get the private group site with a locked gate. Seems like a great idea that would be right up my friends alley.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:47 AM

There’s a sweet camp on the brazeau river right on the trunk road. Can’t remember the name of it but we toured around through there and there’s a bunch of small cabins and a larger group area. Not sure what the fishing is like but nearby there’s fairfax, Lovett, a few pit lakes and I’m sure other good fishing spots.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:19 AM

LLB. Gotta be something up there.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:37 AM

Chambers Creek West of Rocky is a group camp site with a locked gate, has a nice cook shack with wood heat, quading and fishing as well... would most likely need to book months in advance as it is a popular site
Old 02-28-2020, 11:02 AM

We rented a few cabins at the summer camp at Hitchcock's Hideaway on Diefenbaker lake a few years back. Pretty rustic for sure and a great time. Short walk to the beach. Good swimming and fishing.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:46 PM

Thumbs up

Awesome guys thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely look into some of these. Much appreciated