Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-14-2001, 01:12 AM
rts1960

Default GUN AUCTION!!

There is a gun auction in Reddeer at BUD HAYNES AUCTIONS on the 19th of Feb, Viewing from 3:00 pm to sale time at 7:00 pm. I don't always buy somthing at these events but they are a lot of fun to go to. All those sleek, shimy, smooth, lovley guns lined up like a bunch of dance hall girls. Who else is going?

www.budhaynesauctions.com for more info.

P.S. I'm going out flying in the mountains tomorrow, counting bighorns and wapiti with the wildlife bio. from Rocky. It is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Old 02-18-2001, 01:24 AM
Rob

Default How was the flight

Duffy

Dieing to hear. How did your flight go and what were your counts?

Rob
Old 02-20-2001, 03:36 AM
Sheep count

Default Sheep count

The flight was a little rough at first as the wind was blowing pretty good out of the west. Which means on the up wind side of a mountain the air is being forced up and so is the chopper. On the down wind side the air is forced down and so is the chopper. Fortunatly nobody got to see their breakfast.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp We saw a lone lamb backed into the base of a spruce on the cliff side of the Ram river canyon and about 80 yds. away a big lone black wolf was trotting along the top of the bank. We took some "shots" of the wolf with 35 mm film as we did not have an Rem 870 loaded with ASA buckshot handy.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp I don't know what the actual numbers were as I was not recording but was counting sheep and counting the lambs in the ewe groups. We did see some big rams but we were not too far from the park boundery and a lot of big rams spend the summer in the park and come out on the Alberta side for the winter.
Old 08-17-2001, 12:23 AM
Sat. 18th GUN AUCTION

Default Sat. 18th GUN AUCTION

Another gun auction at Bud Haynes ( see their web site above) in Reddeer this Sat. 18th at 9:00 am. Guns can be viewed Fri.
I don't know why I post this here, some of you will probably show up and out bid me for a gun.
I usually just go for the entertainment and to socialize with some gunnuts that I always seem to bump into there. My next gun will be a new muzzleloader to hunt Antelope with in Oct. I got drawn.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:00 PM
bump

Default bump

bump
Old 01-09-2002, 07:44 PM
GUN AUCTION

Default GUN AUCTION

Heading out to Nordegg for work tomorrow, hopefully I'll be back in time for the auction, I should be recovered from Christmas by then, hopefully be able to add a couple more to the cabinet!
Old 01-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Next Auction

Default Next Auction

Feb. 11, 2002 at 7:00 pm.
You can view guns from 3:00 pm. till sale time.
There is a partial list on their web site.

Robin