Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 03:02 PM

Default Looking for .090 Lee-Enfield Front Sight Blade.

So I finally sat down to zero my Long Branch No.4 I got from Corwin Arms a bloody year ago. I finally got to see how it would shoot on top of that and I was super happy with its performance. (Stock crack repair from due to dried out wood during dry storage with the Italians. It took a long time with the smith I sent it too. Her son got super sick. But, her woodworking skills are awesome.).

I went out to my best friends grandparents ranch for the very first time in western SK. I went out Sunday Morning by myself to zero this rifle I've named Lloyd after my grand uncle ( https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remem...detail/2636467 ). Max front blade I have was a .060. I have fitted it with the Mk.1 milled ladder sights and at 100m it was printing 9.5-10" above the point of aim with the .01 aperture set to 200yrds. According to the 1945 Shoot to Live manual, this is where it should be printing with 300yrd setting or main .02 battle sight ghost ring:

Plus me and then my friend went gopher hunting with it since well the .060 was good enough and we had hand loaded about 200 rounds of 39.5gr of imr 4166 and .311" 180gr Sierra Pro-Hunters! But, I know for 30yrd at Gophers it was hitting 4" high. Since well, my friend kept hitting them in the head with a 6 o'clock hold with the battle sight . Shoot to Live steps in again:

Plus me shooting some:

I honestly could do much more shooting and just let him have fun while I filmed. I have a screwed rotator cuff from a right shoulder subluxation for the 3rd time and need PT. I am feeling it right now guys and it sucks.

So according to this chart:

I will need a .090 blade, but I have only seen this ebay listing with one:

Honestly, this was about the 4th time I have hunted and the only time for varmints. I am totally in Love with it! Plus my Blackie the AR-102 got in on it too on Sat, Sun, and Mon with my last 11 rounds. I am so excited that I finally got to use it for my use case besides just paper. I find shooting at these guys so much more worth the ammo expenditure than just targets:

Did we have a .22? Yeah, but I used my 102 for most of the time hunting until we broke out Lloyd after nearly zeroing it. I just need that .090 blade I believe. I have been asking around to the people I know via facebook, but I am unsure if they will have one and I would like to find one locally if possible.

I also just wanted to practice with my rifle too. I just need an ambi safety for Blackie and it will be perfect. (Any advice for a cheap one).

Bit of a long write up for wanting a single thing, but I am just excited and want to do more