Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

View Poll Results: How many of you are members of a Pro-Gun Lobby and PC Party
I am a Card Carrying member of both a Pro-Gun Lobby group and the PC Party 34 29.82%
I am a Member of the PC Party. 9 7.89%
I am a member of a Pro-gun lobby group. 44 38.60%
I actively participate in the activities of one or both 8 7.02%
I plan to join one or both in the next week but haven't yet. 17 14.91%
I don't see the point in fighting back, we are terminally screwed. 17 14.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2019, 12:59 PM

I don't think we are "terminally screwed" as for what I am doing, I'm going to lead the charge with some poorly worded polls on AOF.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I don't think we are "terminally screwed" as for what I am doing, I'm going to lead the charge with some poorly worded polls on AOF.
So no response at all to the copious amount of smoke you were blowing about how ineffective the Conservatives and interest groups are?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:40 PM

Default Well put

Well said Dean2.
I believe CCFR has approximately 68 officially logged interventions with the Federal Gov’ on Firearms issues, the only Pro gun organization to do so.
Getting new shooters to ranges and afield is great, but also help them be strong vocal advocates.
Maybe the poll isnt perfect, but if thats what divides this group, then gum up your guns real nice before you hand them over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The conservatives did not JUST eliminate the gun registry. They reversed classification of the CZ-85, they took unilateral re-class out of the hands of the RCMP, they eased the system for getting your authorization to transport, they provided a grace period for expired PALs and a bunch of other changes that made it much easier for gun owners. Time to actually keep up on what is really going on.

With respect to the various Lobby groups I don't have the time or inclination to go through and lay out all of the legal work, legal support etc the various groups have been engaged in. Nor do I think it should be necessary to point out how many of the ranges we all shoot at are the result of hard work and members of Fish and Game or other lobby groups. Again, if you fail to inform yourself it is very easy to just dismiss all activities to support the retention of our ability to keep and use guns.

So tell me, what you are personally doing to affect this since politics and lobby groups don't work, or are you one of those that thinks we are "Terminally screwed", might as well just sit back and take it.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 PM

It would appear that maybe the Libs have run out of time and are possibly scared of losing candidates before the election, if they do something radical with firearms at the moment. However, folks like the CSSA and CCFR are quite possibly the first to spread the word if they hear anything going on, and it doesn't hurt to have the info coming out to you from them, maybe something will come across that will make you want to get involved. There are still a bunch of people who own firearms who have no clue about C71's existence. Hard to believe, but, they are out there.
One thing you can depend upon, the next time the Liberals take office, they will enact Aus/NZ type laws, there is no mystery about it. The only way to prevent it, is to keep them and the NDP out of power in Ottawa.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:41 PM

I was all gung-ho for pro-gun groups during the Harper government. Seeing how they completely failed us with a pro gun government in power has left me somewhat bitter.