Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaree View Post
A7 are really good guns. Following target was shot at 100 meters or 110 yards. 3 shots in one hole with 270 win.

Now there is a picture I can understand and it shows something real and concrete.

Some marks in the snow off on some hill side is not very impressive to me.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Banned

i guess its one of those you have to be there things, i sure didn't have intention to post any results here, i had blank expectations, just wanted to satisfy curiousity

not trying to impress anyone, just keeping the data going on this rifle since i set it up
Old 09-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Banned

here's a picture of the scene at 4x zoom on my camera only....if you go up the middle of the picture in the snow until the cliff/grey rock wall starts....then notice the a rocky band coming into the snow from left to right just near the top of the snow....well just under that rocky band is the larger rock from my original zoom pictures at 40x....might need WB's help to circle this area for everyone....you can see all the three rocks across the top of the original two pictures under that large rocky outcropping...

now here is an image of the scene with NO ZOOM....you cannot even see the smaller 3 rocks under the rocky band....but you can still make out the rocky band coming into the top of the snow from left to right....thats what 920 yrds looks like with naked eye

so again, maybe WB can circle the same rocky band in the second image? to show its the same as the first image at 4x on camera

pretty neat stuff when you start to play out there, it really is almost 'beyond belief', even when you just did it yourself!

lets put it another way....see that sheep looking stuff on the right side of the picture? well alot of that was only 775 yrds....and with those conditions(no wind) mr. Ram would have been in deep deep trouble...btw, it was a blind hike, i didn't know if anything would be in there, just took a chance, there was SFA in there except some muley does a long long ways from where i'm looking here....this is why a guy takes these kind of practice shots imo, you never know, might as well learn your gear to its potential if you can, might just get it done for ya, would have taken me approx. 1.5 hour to get down and back up to mr. ram if he was over there, steeper than it looks and still bottom of valley not visible, but it would have been a very happy hour and a half,

edit, thought i'd throw the first picture back into this one so if WB can underline the 3 rocks going from left to right at the top....then maybe he can underline the same 3 rocks in the top image of this post to show its same spot?

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 09-15-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Now all this good shooting aside, more importantly is that a sheep trail across the scree?
Old 09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
Now all this good shooting aside, more importantly is that a sheep trail across the scree?
does look like it but there was not a single track up there, i had lots to look at too, i checked for sign in all the snow you name it, seemed to be a dead zone, its not like i ever knew it to hold sheep from anyone telling me etc. its just a spot i wanted to see for myself so i hiked in for a day and found nothing but a good workout and that i over compensated a couple clicks on a 920 yrd test shot, next 920 yrd test shot should land even closer.....ha
Old 09-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post

edit, thought i'd throw the first picture back into this one so if WB can underline the 3 rocks going from left to right at the top....then maybe he can underline the same 3 rocks in the top image of this post to show its same spot?
Sorry SC, all I see are sheep trails.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:06 PM

I see a ram in the first pic, but is he legal?

Old 09-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

lol, having a few wobbly pops today WB?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
lol, having a few wobbly pops today WB?
No, just sheep fever, haven't been out yet. I'm seeing Rams everywhere.