Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-19-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Why am I seeing thread after thread on cgn talking about the many problems with the new Stag? Short stroking, ejection issues, mag issues, feeding issues, fit and finish issues, trigger issues, gas block issues, barrel issues,..etc, etc....

I'm all for another non-restricted semi AR style rifle but gee wiz, nothing but issues with the new platform.
My understanding is there was a bad batch in the early shipments that was not caught.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Why am I seeing thread after thread on cgn talking about the many problems with the new Stag? Short stroking, ejection issues, mag issues, feeding issues, fit and finish issues, trigger issues, gas block issues, barrel issues,..etc, etc....

I'm all for another non-restricted semi AR style rifle but gee wiz, nothing but issues with the new platform.
Mostly just mag issues and gas block issues. Very easy to fix.

Sounds like they didn’t loctite the set screws on the gas blocks and they are coming loose during shipping. Easy 5 minute fix.

I have an issue with the XCR-M mags dropping out when I pull the trigger. A round is stripped into the chamber, but the mag falls out. Sounds like it’s the mag catch spot not being milled deep enough. Easy fix by modifying the mags a bit.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Mostly just mag issues and gas block issues. Very easy to fix.

Sounds like they didn’t loctite the set screws on the gas blocks and they are coming loose during shipping. Easy 5 minute fix.

I have an issue with the XCR-M mags dropping out when I pull the trigger. A round is stripped into the chamber, but the mag falls out. Sounds like it’s the mag catch spot not being milled deep enough. Easy fix by modifying the mags a bit.
I had to modify the back of my xcr mags to work in the Stag.