Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I'd call a total redisign a disaster. I personally know of a couple guys that actually broke frames. All I was saying is that it was a set back for Kuiu...and it was.
I'd agree there....it was a failure and they've fully admitted that they tried to do something that didnt work. I know a guy that wore one on a Stone sheep hunt and cursed it the entire time.

They re-designed it completely, so I'd agree that it was a failure and they knew it after hearing. The good thing is, they responded and sounds like they are making a good run at re-designing it.

I know a few guys who were very happy with them and packed a lot of animals out with them, but a LOT more guys that had some serious failures with them. Call it what ya want, it was a failure and they've accepted that. I'm not sure its much worth getting bent out of shape about as its not an attack on the company. Just stating something that is quite obvious that they've addressed.

Hell...Sitka hasnt ever got the 'pack game' right yet either it seems. Tough to hang with Kifaru, MR, McHales, etc when talking serious mountain packs.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
I'd agree there....it was a failure and they've fully admitted that they tried to do something that didnt work. I know a guy that wore one on a Stone sheep hunt and cursed it the entire time.

They re-designed it completely, so I'd agree that it was a failure and they knew it after hearing. The good thing is, they responded and sounds like they are making a good run at re-designing it.

I know a few guys who were very happy with them and packed a lot of animals out with them, but a LOT more guys that had some serious failures with them. Call it what ya want, it was a failure and they've accepted that. I'm not sure its much worth getting bent out of shape about as its not an attack on the company. Just stating something that is quite obvious that they've addressed.

Hell...Sitka hasnt ever got the 'pack game' right yet either it seems. Tough to hang with Kifaru, MR, McHales, etc when talking serious mountain packs.
Sitka tried and failed hard core.. Do you need to see a picture of the sitka pack I own..Moving along and like I said no one is getting bent out of shape just stating the other fact..There packs aren't that bad and you said it to you know some guys that love them so again I wouldn't say it was a total fail. What about everything else in life Iphone cars, they change every year to ??
Old 06-17-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearen09 View Post
Sitka tried and failed hard core.. Do you need to see a picture of the sitka pack I own..Moving along and like I said no one is getting bent out of shape just stating the other fact..There packs aren't that bad and you said it to you know some guys that love them so again would say it was a total fail. What about everything else in life Iphone cars, they change every year to ??
Nope, no need to see pics...as I said, Sitka doesnt have a good pack either. A LOT of companies try to compete with the big mountain pack makers and have a very hard time. As with anything in life, its hard to be a master of all trades...
Old 06-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
The problem with KUIU is anyone over 6'2" is screwed. First Lite and Sitka fit ape like appendages.
Kuiu fits me fine and im not short.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 PM

lets face it there will never be a product made that will keep everyone happy nor will any company ever be the best,some like sitka some dont same goes for kuiu.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
lets face it there will never be a product made that will keep everyone happy
x2

I only had one dealing with Sitka and they will never see a $$ from me. Check out my avatar I've been sportin' ever since

The 1st or 2nd year they came out (asat was an option) I was prepared to buy pretty much everything that they sold. In a nutshell I was "blown off" cuz I was no one special in the "hunting world"....just an outfitter looking to buy what I thought was a one stop shop for the "latest and greatest" gear at the time.

I wound up going with a custom set up from http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php and never looked back.

A mixture of Arcteryx, Canada Goose, GWW, Kifaru and Helly Hansen and I'm good to go from +40 to -40.....it's all good.

The KUIU guide/attack pants appeal to me cuz of the gusseted crotch. I can't seem to make it through a season in pants without Jim and the twins making an unwanted appearance