Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Default New Sitka Hunting Gear

Sitka Gear Incinerator Jacket & Bib
SITKA GEAR’S OUTER WEAR LINE GROWS
The Incinerator Jacket & Bib offer the ultimate in whitetail apparel

NAPA, CA. Sitka Gear Inc., has introduced the Incinerator Jacket and Bibs that are sure to keep whitetail hunters warm, mobile and comfortable during the coldest weather they are ever likely to encounter. Through a combination of down and 2.5 layer waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® fabric, Sitka is able to ensure hunters will stay warm and dry even while pulling an all day sit in Saskatchewan in December. To combat the bulky nature of inferior cold weather clothing the Incinerator Series is designed to fit an individual’s body and is fully articulated to allow free range of movement.

Sitka Gear’s top-quality products feature the most scientifically advanced visual concealment pattern ever to hit the market – GORE® OPTIFADETM Concealment, the first-ever concealment based on the science of animal vision. The new Big Game/Forest pattern takes into account the distance and extreme angles found while treestand hunting and works to obscure elevated hunters. GORE® OPTIFADETM Concealment Big Game/Forest incorporates a micro and a macro pattern. The unique micro-pattern considers the way a deer or other ungulate perceives color, the ratio of positive to negative space and other visual elements to create an effect that allows the hunter to blend with the animal’s perception of the environment. The macro-pattern breaks up the symmetry of the human body so that if a hunter is detected, the animal will not be able to identify the hunter as a predator.

Incinerator Jacket
● RIRI waterproof front zipper
● Drop-away hood design
● Chest and hand pockets
● Grunt tube slot
● Lightly brushed face for noise reduction
● 2.5 layer GORE-TEX® fabric
● GORE® OPTIFADETM Concealment Big Game/Forest pattern
● Available in sizes ranging from S – 3XL
● Retail Price $599

Incinerator Bib
● Fully articulated
● Hand, chest, and thigh pockets
● 2.5 layer GORE-TEX® fabric
● GORE® OPTIFADETM Concealment Big Game/Forest pattern
● Tall center front zipper for when nature calls
● Available in sizes ranging from S – 3XL
● Retail Price $469

ANY THOUGHTS????
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM

Too pricey, I bet you can buy a good gear for $200 and serve the same purpose.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Look at kuiu. I just bought a pair of pants and can't wait for them to get here. Very technical clothing but with better pricing.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
Look at kuiu. I just bought a pair of pants and can't wait for them to get here. Very technical clothing but with better pricing.
Tons of great gear out there from a ton of companies. I personally have a few peices of KUIU and a lot of Sitka. I've chosen Sitka over KUIU for personal reasons, but I also buy it cheaper than KUIU so that doesnt bug me one bit!

Lots of good brands....hunting and non-hunting brands are worth checking out. Sometimes we 'over-pay' for camo...
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 PM

The problem with KUIU is anyone over 6'2" is screwed. First Lite and Sitka fit ape like appendages.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Tons of great gear out there from a ton of companies. I personally have a few peices of KUIU and a lot of Sitka. I've chosen Sitka over KUIU for personal reasons, but I also buy it cheaper than KUIU so that doesnt bug me one bit!

Lots of good brands....hunting and non-hunting brands are worth checking out. Sometimes we 'over-pay' for camo...
True. Sitkas great stuff just too rich for my blood right now. But all the stuff I've tried has fit extremely well. Either way you can't go wrong as long as your happy with the product and it does what it says it does!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Sitka gear is nice gear but very expensive which i dont get as it is made in China. Would love to know the profit margin on that stuff.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorr View Post
Sitka gear is nice gear but very expensive which i dont get as it is made in China. Would love to know the profit margin on that stuff.
Not everything in China is made cheap or costs little. And you should like profit margin, I guarantee it's why you get a pay check.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 AM

i like sitka, to each their own. if you wanna spend money more power to you, if you wanna do it on the cheap that's fine too. personally i'm really liking under armors hunting line these days.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM

I have a pair of them. They are great. If you have the money to spend you won't be disapointed
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
The press release for the new Sitka clothing if for some new extreme cold-weather gear. Kuiu doesn't make anything like it. This is some very technical gear for extreme cold weather, something very few companies are making. With the Sitka name behind it, I suspect it will be some good stuff.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorr View Post
50%
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM

Where will this new line be available around Alberta?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 AM

Buy it online and save a pile of money. It's almost half priced if you buy it direct.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up sitka

X2 i agree you save a pile of cash online i just got a new jacket online and saved almost 40% off!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Dont you half to be in the states to buy online?? or where abouts can a guy buy online
Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRidge View Post
Dont you half to be in the states to buy online?? or where abouts can a guy buy online
x2. You can't buy through the sitka website, how do you guys buy it online?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getasheep View Post
x2. You can't buy through the sitka website, how do you guys buy it online?

Thanks
X3!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
X3!
google "buy sitka gear online" and you'll come up with tons of different online dealers
Old 06-16-2012, 08:10 AM

it will only be a matter of time before Kuiu has some thing similar on the market,one of the founders of sitka is the driving force of Kuiu ,really its all personal prefrence i gave away my sitka and only use Kuiu .
Old 06-16-2012, 09:45 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
it will only be a matter of time before Kuiu has some thing similar on the market,one of the founders of sitka is the driving force of Kuiu ,really its all personal prefrence i gave away my sitka and only use Kuiu .
As a very small manufacturer, I doubt you'll ever see Kuiu with a line up as big as Sitka nor will they venture far outside the mountain hunting market. Kuiu caters to a niche market and they seem to be doing okay but obviously now that Gore owns Sitka they are looking for much wider appeal than just the serious mountain crowd. Kuiu has had a couple set backs recently, especially with their disaster of a backpack but I suspect they'll continue to do okay amoung the sheep hunting crowd but I doubt they'll ever expand much beyond that as Sitka seems to be attempting to do. Having the marketing giant of Gore behind you doen't hurt.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Try these guys
http://high-mountain-outfitters.com/main.sc
Old 06-16-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
As a very small manufacturer, I doubt you'll ever see Kuiu with a line up as big as Sitka nor will they venture far outside the mountain hunting market. Kuiu caters to a niche market and they seem to be doing okay but obviously now that Gore owns Sitka they are looking for much wider appeal than just the serious mountain crowd. Kuiu has had a couple set backs recently, especially with their disaster of a backpack but I suspect they'll continue to do okay amoung the sheep hunting crowd but I doubt they'll ever expand much beyond that as Sitka seems to be attempting to do. Having the marketing giant of Gore behind you doen't hurt.
I agree with you to a certain point.Big backing does go a long way in any business.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_pass88 View Post
google "buy sitka gear online" and you'll come up with tons of different online dealers
Stellar idea...thanks for coming to the rescue.....

I think what everyone is asking is which of the online dealers ship to Canada. I've tried buying a few things like this before (such as an MSR tent, for example) and they won't ship to Canada because that's the deal they've made with the manufacturer to protect American distributors.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post

Disaster is kinda harsh wouldn't you say???So they had some problems but I know of one guy who pulled twenty two animals off the hills and his pack is fine. Since you go on HUNT BC you will know of him Kootenelkslayer my brother Mike.. He said there is definately room for improvement but with everything new that is how it is.. So I wouldn't really call it a disaster..
Old 06-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
The problem with KUIU is anyone over 6'2" is screwed. First Lite and Sitka fit ape like appendages.
I'm surprised by this comment. I'm 6'0" I find size Large in Sitka fits my body perfectly, but the arms are too short, and I find the XL is too large in the body and the sleeves are still marginal at best. I seem to need 36" arm length, so I'm surprised a 6'2" that the arms aren't way too short for you. Does Sitka make a "tall" version of their jackets?
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 AM

Default Sitka Gear online

Two guys hunting online has sitka gear and they are alberta based..so pretty sure they ship within...if not I know some people don't want to buy from them but Cabela's and Bass Pro sell it all...but you'll have to go the US Cabela's site. Only the edmonton store sells Sitka so they won't put it on the website... I've had to shop around at different stores and sites to put my camo together...check out Camofire.com as well they always have sales on and sometimes they have Sitka (generally all sales are 50% off)

Cutty
Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Hooter - yes they do, it would have the normal size say Large with a T beside it or Large Tall written on the tag...

Cutty
Old 06-17-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuttyChaser View Post
Hooter - yes they do, it would have the normal size say Large with a T beside it or Large Tall written on the tag...

Cutty
Thanks Cutty. I went to the Sitka website and I just see "Tall" as an option for pants, not jackets, in their sizing chart. Can you show me how I would purchase a "tall" jacket? I'm really interested in an Ascent coat.

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:12 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearen09 View Post
Disaster is kinda harsh wouldn't you say???So they had some problems but I know of one guy who pulled twenty two animals off the hills and his pack is fine. Since you go on HUNT BC you will know of him Kootenelkslayer my brother Mike.. He said there is definately room for improvement but with everything new that is how it is.. So I wouldn't really call it a disaster..
I'd call a total redisign a disaster. I personally know of a couple guys that actually broke frames. All I was saying is that it was a set back for Kuiu...and it was.