Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2017, 11:19 AM

As someone who has actually taken the time to look into the theory of flat earth, I can tell that most here are too consumed with the status quo to even consider something other than what they believe to be true.

Every single statement here against the possibility of a flat earth is quite easily explained if one is so inclined to look for the answers.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
The earth is flat and the moon is round....hummm
The earth is a egg, and the moon is a pan cake.

Sheees, I thought every buddy knew this LOL.

I was going to join him on this adventure, but I failed my Jeathrow Bowdean tin-foil brain bucket test knot knot knot.

Oh Hummmmm, this egg is a lonely place.

Don

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 11-24-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
As someone who has actually taken the time to look into the theory of flat earth, I can tell that most here are too consumed with the status quo to even consider something other than what they believe to be true.

Every single statement here against the possibility of a flat earth is quite easily explained if one is so inclined to look for the answers.
If by status quo you mean countless piles of facts and evidence accumulated over the course of history then yes I agree.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

Well, it's not happening tomorrow as scheduled.
Seems the government won't give him approval to launch from public land.
Says he found someone in the same area that will let him launch but it will be next week before he is ready.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
You should feel bad about that nonsense you just wrote.
Nah, I was bored.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I lived near the coast before coming to Canada, standing on the beach you can see incoming sail vessels on the horizon, flag first, then top mast until you finally can see the whole ship, no matter if using your eyes or a telescope.
How is that explained?
Old 11-24-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:

Ok riddle me this ... why can't you see the mountains from Edmonton?

I get believing the earth is flat if civilization is also at a point where people explain the sun by saying it's a God in a chariot riding it across the sky.... I'd like to think most of us are past that.

Except for the people who think the moon uses the ocean as a salt water gas station?
Old 11-24-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
If by status quo you mean countless piles of facts and evidence accumulated over the course of history then yes I agree.
Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
I lived near the coast before coming to Canada, standing on the beach you can see incoming sail vessels on the horizon, flag first, then top mast until you finally can see the whole ship, no matter if using your eyes or a telescope.
How is that explained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
Ok riddle me this ... why can't you see the mountains from Edmonton?

I get believing the earth is flat if civilization is also at a point where people explain the sun by saying it's a God in a chariot riding it across the sky.... I'd like to think most of us are past that.

Except for the people who think the moon uses the ocean as a salt water gas station?
Let's take a very simple example of the possible non curvature of the earth. The curvature of the earth is 8" of drop for every mile of distance squared. Let's take an easily observable distance of 2 miles, or 3.2 km. That would give us a curvature drop of 32" or 2.7'. It's absurd to claim that you can't see a canoe at just 3 km away on any body of calm water.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:02 PM

Heads up everyone. Tonight I'm on my way.

At 9:58 pm the night skies of Alberta will see the candle flame like no other.
I just fashioned up a 36"X 102" chunk of well casing with a home built pointed nose cone made of 3/4" ply-wood with a thin layer of tin to hold it together.

I'm using 2200 lbs of Single F Black powder as my jet propulsion rocket engine to launch me high into the flat-nos-osphere.

I don't need no Go fund me page since its all about getting it done on a frugal budget.
Those of us that wear tin-foil suits with a tight fitting open face Ski-doo helmit like to help humankind with innovative ideas and Technology.
Being self centred is the key to be successful.
This is what it says on page 13 of my Donald Trump flight manual. LOL. Dam I hate unlucky number 13's.

Oh well,,, no time to correct that as ground control is rushing to get this chit show under-way.

The Race Against Time is imminent since human kind needs to be alerted to this flat- biosphere ideas that has been kept secret from us for 13 billion years... Dam, another 13. Oh Boy.

Any ways, I'll keep you up to date shortly when I get underway tonight.

Reporting from a top secret location 23 kms east of Drumheller in side historic Gain elevator in the shadows of darkness.

Non Major Don over.

PS: Some people think I'm crazy, but sometimes it takes crazy people to find discoveries that most common folks won't challange.

Up date time is soon to follow 20 minutes before lunch.
Let's get Bunkerd down for a trip of a life time friends, shot for the stars and hope for the moon is the best I can do with Single F Black powder jet propulsion engines

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 11-24-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:

Let's take a very simple example of the possible non curvature of the earth. The curvature of the earth is 8" of drop for every mile of distance squared. Let's take an easily observable distance of 2 miles, or 3.2 km. That would give us a curvature drop of 32" or 2.7'. It's absurd to claim that you can't see a canoe at just 3 km away on any body of calm water.
From my height of 6 feet 2 inches above the water its easily seen, what about at ground level ... I can't say but I would bet it's disappearing.

SO ....Why can't the mountains be seen from Edmonton if the earth is flat?

Edit... Just looked into it and if my eyes are 6 feet above the ground I have a horizon of 3 miles on a calm lake, so yeah it seems reasonable instead of absurd. Thanks for proving the point.

Last edited by fitzy; 11-24-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
From my height of 6 feet 2 inches above the water its easily seen, what about at ground level ... I can't say but I would bet it's disappearing.

Edit... Just looked into it and if my eyes are 6 feet above the ground I have a horizon of 3 miles on a calm lake, so yeah it seems reasonable instead of absurd. Thanks for proving the point.
you just blew his mind and shattered his worldview...
Old 11-24-2017, 05:01 PM

Default Godspeed Major Don!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post

I'm using 2200 lbs of Single F Black powder as my jet propulsion rocket engine to launch me high into the flat-nos-osphere.

PS: Some people think I'm crazy, but sometimes it takes crazy people to find discoveries that most common folks won't challange.
I was hoping a Canadian would jump into the space race ahead of that US guy 2,200 lbs, should be enough for a tour all over Alberta although it could be in pieces but it does take crazy people to find discoveries.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:15 PM

^^^^ two thumbs for sure. Launch time might be ahead of schedule.

The Chinese had success with black powder rockets as they lunch a Chinese emperor in a chair into the bliss 20.000years ago, they never did find him.

This could be proof that the planet is flat.

We will know in a hour or 2 when I get underway
LOL.

Astronaut knot knot Don
Old 11-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Nah, I was bored.
Thank the almighty cthulhu. I was hoping you were joking. I'm glad that your aren't living your life willfully ignorant. That was a well executed yarn my man.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump View Post
you just blew his mind and shattered his worldview...
Quote:

I've personally tried it out to 5.5 km. Still clearly visible. That's 7.7' of drop with the entire canoe still visible to the waterline. Sitting on the shore or standing up, makes no difference, the exact same amount of boat is visible with a 3' difference in height. This is easily done by anyone. Try it for yourself? Makes no difference to me, you're free to believe what you want.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:21 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:

At 9:58 pm the night skies of Alberta will see the candle flame like no other.
I just fashioned up a 36"X 102" chunk of well casing with a home built pointed nose cone made of 3/4" ply-wood with a thin layer of tin to hold it together.

I don't need no Go fund me page since its all about getting it done on a frugal budget.
Those of us that wear tin-foil suits with a tight fitting open face Ski-doo helmit like to help humankind with innovative ideas and Technology.
Being self centred is the key to be successful.
This is what it says on page 13 of my Donald Trump flight manual. LOL. Dam I hate unlucky number 13's.

Oh well,,, no time to correct that as ground control is rushing to get this chit show under-way.

The Race Against Time is imminent since human kind needs to be alerted to this flat- biosphere ideas that has been kept secret from us for 13 billion years... Dam, another 13. Oh Boy.

Any ways, I'll keep you up to date shortly when I get underway tonight.

Reporting from a top secret location 23 kms east of Drumheller in side historic Gain elevator in the shadows of darkness.

Non Major Don over.

Up date time is soon to follow 20 minutes before lunch.
Let's get Bunkerd down for a trip of a life time friends, shot for the stars and hope for the moon is the best I can do with Single F Black powder jet propulsion engines

http://e.ggtimer.com/218min
Old 11-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

You wouldn't happen to be an anti vaxxer or a truther as well? Just curious. People that believe in one of these crackpot theories usually grab onto other "truths" the rest of us sheeple are to foolish to see. They also like to talk in circles when asked questions which is fitting because they are obviously rowing without both oars in the water
Old 11-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've personally tried it out to 5.5 km. Still clearly visible. That's 7.7' of drop with the entire canoe still visible to the waterline. Sitting on the shore or standing up, makes no difference, the exact same amount of boat is visible with a 3' difference in height. This is easily done by anyone. Try it for yourself? Makes no difference to me, you're free to believe what you want.
And how exactly did you accurately measure that distance? Run a tape? Got a range finder good out to 5.5km? Or did you ask the lizard people who live in the hollow center of the earth? Maybe the giant turtle who's back the earth rides on told you?
Old 11-24-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Maybe the giant turtle who's back the earth rides on told you?
Good thing they're so slow, otherwise our flat earth would fall off and we'd all slip to Australia or wherever the edge is

I do get how some conspiracy theories get people excited but still don't see who and how they benefit from telling us the Earth is round while it's supposed to be flat. Is there also an answer for that?
Old 11-24-2017, 08:32 PM

Big change up in plans.

Here it is in real time as we get this show underway.

Ground control calling Non Major Don, can you read us. Over....

Non Major Don, I hear you Zama City Ground control, I'm just getting settled on the Single F Black powder jet propulsion engine feed bags that will make this home made chunk of pipe rock. Oh Yha.
Burn Baby Burn... Over.

Copy that Non Major Don,,, all systems look good as the cows are making distance between you and the BBQ over.

Copy that Zama Control, let's keep it simple as I'm running out of air in my tin-foil suit and 1968 open face Ski-doo helmit... I haven't even lite the candles yet and I'm dam near out of air. Over. LOL

We hear Don. Keep it simple is a good idea, are you going to be able to text me on your adventure, I thought cell phones don't work above 10.000 feet normally, over.

All BS Zama Control, the air line companies have a cell disabler switchs they turn on in flight so you have to log onto their network so they can make more money. All propaganda to make us think the planet is round, over.

Ahhhhhh, this waiting thing is a waist of time, who in their right mind would take interest in some wing-nut that's about to launch them selve into space in a chunk of Drill Casing wearing a Jeathrow Bowdean tin-foil suit, over.

Yha Zama, I hear yha.
Let's rock this show. Air Horn blasts are sounding and it looks like those cows are covering ground now, over. LOL

Copy that Brave soul Don, count down commencing.
10, 9, 8, In God's speed Don, 7, 6, Thanks Zama City, 5, 4, 3 Bic Lighter going, talk to you on the other side my friend, 2, Oh Yha Baby. 1 Blast off. YEE HAA. Roman Candle is a go.

Whaaaaa Whooooo.
Holly crap bat-man, I think I just crap my tin-foil suit.
Whooooollllllyyyyyy Cooowwww Jumba.

Bringgggg onnnnnnn aaaaaa flatttttttt osssssss phereeeeeeeee.

Non Major Don calling Zama Control over.
Zama Control, we here you Don. Hows the burning candle. Over.

Looks like burning candle candle candle is doing ok ok ok over over over.

Copy copy copy Non Major, we are going to lose you while you cut threw the magnetic field.. We will chat with you on the other side...

Copy copy copy that Zama Control control. Non Major Don as I'll try you later tonight. Wholly crap, you guys won't believe leave this,,, I'm just look back at earth and you won't believe it the planet issssssss,,,,,,,,,,
Old 11-24-2017, 08:47 PM

^^^^ lol ^^^^^

ground control, major don is in orbit waiting for for his further report!! i think

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/images/smilies/test.gif
Old 11-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Banned

Smile yes!!!!!!!!

yes
Old 11-25-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Big change up in plans.

Here it is in real time as we get this show underway.

Ground control calling Non Major Don, can you read us. Over....

Non Major Don, I hear you Zama City Ground control, I'm just getting settled on the Single F Black powder jet propulsion engine feed bags that will make this home made chunk of pipe rock. Oh Yha.
Burn Baby Burn... Over.

Copy that Non Major Don,,, all systems look good as the cows are making distance between you and the BBQ over.

Copy that Zama Control, let's keep it simple as I'm running out of air in my tin-foil suit and 1968 open face Ski-doo helmit... I haven't even lite the candles yet and I'm dam near out of air. Over. LOL

We hear Don. Keep it simple is a good idea, are you going to be able to text me on your adventure, I thought cell phones don't work above 10.000 feet normally, over.

All BS Zama Control, the air line companies have a cell disabler switchs they turn on in flight so you have to log onto their network so they can make more money. All propaganda to make us think the planet is round, over.

Ahhhhhh, this waiting thing is a waist of time, who in their right mind would take interest in some wing-nut that's about to launch them selve into space in a chunk of Drill Casing wearing a Jeathrow Bowdean tin-foil suit, over.

Yha Zama, I hear yha.
Let's rock this show. Air Horn blasts are sounding and it looks like those cows are covering ground now, over. LOL

Copy that Brave soul Don, count down commencing.
10, 9, 8, In God's speed Don, 7, 6, Thanks Zama City, 5, 4, 3 Bic Lighter going, talk to you on the other side my friend, 2, Oh Yha Baby. 1 Blast off. YEE HAA. Roman Candle is a go.

Whaaaaa Whooooo.
Holly crap bat-man, I think I just crap my tin-foil suit.
Whooooollllllyyyyyy Cooowwww Jumba.

Bringgggg onnnnnnn aaaaaa flatttttttt osssssss phereeeeeeeee.

Non Major Don calling Zama Control over.
Zama Control, we here you Don. Hows the burning candle. Over.

Looks like burning candle candle candle is doing ok ok ok over over over.

Copy copy copy Non Major, we are going to lose you while you cut threw the magnetic field.. We will chat with you on the other side...

Copy copy copy that Zama Control control. Non Major Don as I'll try you later tonight. Wholly crap, you guys won't believe leave this,,, I'm just look back at earth and you won't believe it the planet issssssss,,,,,,,,,,
Hahaha well done sir
Old 11-25-2017, 05:27 AM

Non Major Don calling Zama ground control, can you hear me, over.

Testing 1, 2, 3. I repeat, Non Major Don calling Zama ground control, can you read me, over.....

Zama Control, we hear you Don. How are your control systems holding up, over.

Systems are ok Zama. Ply-wood nose cone is leaking a bit, a few control cables are dangling and I think 1 or 2 of the fins fell off, other than that my tin-foil suit is holding up pretty good, over.

Glad to hear Non Major.

Zama Control calling again, what can you see, over.

It's hard to say Zama. The plexiglass window didn't fair to well, I'm pretty sure that a flock of geese didn't do to well,,, guess I should of thought about air brakes. LOL.

Zama Control, sorry to hear Non Major, how did the burn go, over.

I think it did ok Zama, I think it might of been to hot, I seen a few cows that didn't fair to well,,, they looked like glow in the dark fire-flies but on a much bigger scale, over.
Most of the single F Black powder is burnt off Zama, my plan is to fly along strait for awhile to see if my chunk of oil field casing starts to distance it's self from earth.
I'll use my Bill binder-twine sight string and plum-bob to plot a vertical line, over.

Zama Control, we copy that Non Major Don, what are you looking for to indicate that the planet is flat Don, over.

I'm hoping to find the edge of the oh- bliss where the earth meets the stars, a grate water fall,, where if flows from the planet edges.
This could show signs of a vapor trail Zama. Over.

Copy that Non Major Don. If the oceans fall off the edges of a flat planted Don, then would we not run out of oceans. Over.

Absolutely not Zama Control.
At night time when we're sleeping the water trucks top things off you see, kind of like scientific discoveries that we miss out on because we are fast asleep.Over.

Where dose this supply of water come from then Non Major Don. Over.

Copy that Zama. The rain clouds bring it, see,,, aliens from another planet refill in the clouds in the day time when we are blinded by the sun, your probly asking where do they get this water from,,, simple Zama Control.

They pick up this water from vapor trails, over.

Copy that Major Don.

What happens if you don't find this vapor trail then Non Don,,,, would this mean the planet is round. Over.

Absolutely not Zama Control, many folks don't know this, but we are lead to believe that oil and gas wells are just that, but what they really are is pipes running to the flat dark side of the plants where the aliens keep the bulk tanks in Supply on water. Us humans can't see these tanks because it's night time all the time on the dark side. The government's don't want us to know this since they are paying for under the table Zama Control. Over.

Ahhhhhh, ok Non Major Don. Keep us up dated if you find any aliens or vapor trails then. It's all most day time here in Zama Control as we will loose contact with you as your chunk of oil pipe casing passes above the island of Shangri-La and earth. We will be waiting for more of your awesome scientific discoveries Non Major Don. Over.

Roger that Zama Control. Have a good day night into yesterday's tomorrow a week before the month that has pasted 13 years before it happened my friends,,, dam,,, another unlucky number 13.... Oh boy...
Over.

Copy that Non Major, chat with you 3 months before it happens 7 yesrs later then.

Zama City control signing off as we await your next report.

All systems off as Non Major Don Rockets threw space at 100 mpr in his home built chunk of casing space ship wearing his tin-foil suit with a 1968 open face Ski-doo helmit looking for new discoveries hidden to all of mankind.

Stay tuned for further up dates when they don't arrive 3 months ago when yesterday was really tomorrow, and this year's last year is the same year of the year that came but wasn't really there because.

We all live on a flat-os-phere.

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 11-25-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:56 AM

The evolution of this thread can be explained only by the failure of teachers ...
Old 11-25-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
The evolution of this thread can be explained only by the failure of teachers ...
Possibly, but not without a little trolling, conspiracy theories, personality disorders, mental illness, spiced up with a hint of superiority complex mixed with veiled insults and you get a predictable result. It's what keeps people coming back.....
Old 11-25-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Possibly, but not without a little trolling, conspiracy theories, personality disorders, mental illness, spiced up with a hint of superiority complex mixed with veiled insults and you get a predictable result. It's what keeps people coming back.....
How true LOL

Major Don's next mission will be to the dark side of flat earth and negotiate a higher oil price with the alien overlords
Old 11-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Non Major Don calling Zama ground control, can you hear me, over.

Testing 1, 2, 3. I repeat, Non Major Don calling Zama ground control, can you read me, over.....

Zama Control, we hear you Don. How are your control systems holding up, over.

Systems are ok Zama. Ply-wood nose cone is leaking a bit, a few control cables are dangling and I think 1 or 2 of the fins fell off, other than that my tin-foil suit is holding up pretty good, over.

Glad to hear Non Major.

Zama Control calling again, what can you see, over.

It's hard to say Zama. The plexiglass window didn't fair to well, I'm pretty sure that a flock of geese didn't do to well,,, guess I should of thought about air brakes. LOL.

Zama Control, sorry to hear Non Major, how did the burn go, over.

I think it did ok Zama, I think it might of been to hot, I seen a few cows that didn't fair to well,,, they looked like glow in the dark fire-flies but on a much bigger scale, over.
Most of the single F Black powder is burnt off Zama, my plan is to fly along strait for awhile to see if my chunk of oil field casing starts to distance it's self from earth.
I'll use my Bill binder-twine sight string and plum-bob to plot a vertical line, over.

Zama Control, we copy that Non Major Don, what are you looking for to indicate that the planet is flat Don, over.

I'm hoping to find the edge of the oh- bliss where the earth meets the stars, a grate water fall,, where if flows from the planet edges.
This could show signs of a vapor trail Zama. Over.

Copy that Non Major Don. If the oceans fall off the edges of a flat planted Don, then would we not run out of oceans. Over.

Absolutely not Zama Control.
At night time when we're sleeping the water trucks top things off you see, kind of like scientific discoveries that we miss out on because we are fast asleep.Over.

Where dose this supply of water come from then Non Major Don. Over.

Copy that Zama. The rain clouds bring it, see,,, aliens from another planet refill in the clouds in the day time when we are blinded by the sun, your probly asking where do they get this water from,,, simple Zama Control.

They pick up this water from vapor trails, over.

Copy that Major Don.

What happens if you don't find this vapor trail then Non Don,,,, would this mean the planet is round. Over.

Absolutely not Zama Control, many folks don't know this, but we are lead to believe that oil and gas wells are just that, but what they really are is pipes running to the flat dark side of the plants where the aliens keep the bulk tanks in Supply on water. Us humans can't see these tanks because it's night time all the time on the dark side. The government's don't want us to know this since they are paying for under the table Zama Control. Over.

Ahhhhhh, ok Non Major Don. Keep us up dated if you find any aliens or vapor trails then. It's all most day time here in Zama Control as we will loose contact with you as your chunk of oil pipe casing passes above the island of Shangri-La and earth. We will be waiting for more of your awesome scientific discoveries Non Major Don. Over.

Roger that Zama Control. Have a good day night into yesterday's tomorrow a week before the month that has pasted 13 years before it happened my friends,,, dam,,, another unlucky number 13.... Oh boy...
Over.

Copy that Non Major, chat with you 3 months before it happens 7 yesrs later then.

Zama City control signing off as we await your next report.

All systems off as Non Major Don Rockets threw space at 100 mpr in his home built chunk of casing space ship wearing his tin-foil suit with a 1968 open face Ski-doo helmit looking for new discoveries hidden to all of mankind.

Stay tuned for further up dates when they don't arrive 3 months ago when yesterday was really tomorrow, and this year's last year is the same year of the year that came but wasn't really there because.

We all live on a flat-os-phere.
What drugs are you on? Serious question... or is it a mental disability?
Old 11-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Banned

Mike Hughes said he is putting off his effort to “prove” the Earth is flat after he couldn’t get permission from a federal agency to do so on public land. “This is what happens any time you have to deal with any kind of government agency,” he said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-saturday.html
Old 11-25-2017, 10:59 AM

Elon Musk is doing a facepalm

The government just didn't want his remains scattered over the desert