Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2017, 10:03 PM

Trump is a lunatic, and I don't say that lightly.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:14 PM

Will Trump reveal the real story ... Roswell, Bigfoot, Who killed JFK?
Old 01-28-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownguy View Post
Trump is a lunatic, and I don't say that lightly.
If you say Trump is a " lunatic" what the ***** does make our dear Pony Head Justin ?
Old 01-29-2017, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Knew that would happen. Soon canada will be a security threat to the states.
X2 Trump is obviously serious about homeland security, and what does Justin go and do? Well, he goes on social media proclaiming that Canada's doors are wide open for anyone who wants to come here! When is he going to learn to keep his mouth shut......idiot!

I predict that there will be restrictions for Canadians traveling to, or through, the US........a visa or something else.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiwana View Post
I might not agree a 100% with him, but this is what is called a leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG-boxVJq_s

Way to go Mr Trump, wish we had strong willed leaders in Canada
We had one but the majority of Canadians voted for the current embarrassment.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Are you part of the masses?
The m is silent.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-29-2017, 09:11 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
X2 Trump is obviously serious about homeland security, and what does Justin go and do? Well, he goes on social media proclaiming that Canada's doors are wide open for anyone who wants to come here! When is he going to learn to keep his mouth shut......idiot!

I predict that there will be restrictions for Canadians traveling to, or through, the US........a visa or something else.
Yup open the doors and watch the crime rate etc explode...how many of the so called refuges already entered into Canada have legit jobs...or are there hands opened to be filled with freebies...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-29-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

Only a matter of time. USA already views us as spineless.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:29 AM

Yes Trump, please build a wall along the 49th parallel. We don't want your problems coming up north. We already have our own problems being perpetuated by our own government.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:03 PM

Unfortunately the way the economy works you can't have everybody winning with out causing huge inflation . Wich brings you back to square one . The system needs poverty in order to work , sad but true .
Old 01-29-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiwana View Post
I might not agree a 100% with him, but this is what is called a leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG-boxVJq_s

Way to go Mr Trump, wish we had strong willed leaders in Canada
Thats not a leader!

This is a leader http://www.cabelas.ca/product/14224/...n-wire-leaders

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:10 PM
Banned

More winning.
Saudi king agrees to support , finance safe zones in Syria and Yemen.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ria-and-yemen/
Old 01-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr View Post
If you say Trump is a " lunatic" what the ***** does make our dear Pony Head Justin ?
Disliking one leader does not equal approval of another.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
More winning.
Saudi king agrees to support , finance safe zones in Syria and Yemen.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ria-and-yemen/
I am curious as to just who this is a "win" for?

Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship / monarchy which controls their population under the strictest sharia law. Those who don't subscribe to the most extremist Islam beliefs are subject to the death penalty. Many of the refugees are trying to escape the extremism and live in accordance to the more modern and "liberal" sects of Islam (you know - believing things like women are actual people and not less than goats, and that folks who don't follow the extremist sects of Islam shouldn't be killed for their beliefs).

So, this "agreement" essentially is letting Saudi Arabia finance the forced expansion of the most extremist Islamic sects and sharia law - the fertile spawning ground for the Islam-associated terrorist groups. The refugees in the "safe areas" will be forced to follow sharia law, and those with more modern beliefs will be killed or silenced - and left to foment even greater hatred for the world who abandoned them to this.

This "agreement" also seems at this point to be missing the approval of the governments and people of Yemen and Syria - and has the potential of allowing a Saudi expansion in to other countries with Western backing. This must be a good idea, right? There aren't any nearby examples where Western meddling to create new national boundaries has caused even more violence...

I personally think that there might be a few holes in the theory that this is a "win", and that it is a "good" step in the direction of lessening the threat of terrorism...

It sounds great to let people stay close to their original homes, and to not subject them to the culture shock of trying to assimilate in to areas with different languages and customs and religions. It is without a doubt a less expensive option, and there will be many refugees that will welcome the option. I just hope that the implementation of this agreement includes the option for refugees who don't wish to remain in a religious totalitarian state to continue to apply for immigration to other countries and it doesn't just become an unofficial prison.

Oh - and my political leanings are right wing and I strongly support the screening of refugees and immigrants to not allow in those who follow extremist religious sects of any kind, as history shows them to be the least likely to make a positive contribution to our society (and the most likely to be a danger). Religious beliefs are a conscious personal choice (not an accident of birth such as sex or skin colour or race), and so should be taken in to consideration as an indication of potential behaviour from an individual. Individual responsibility and choices need to be considered in the options of assistance given to any refugee or possible immigrant.

"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions....It's the only way to make progress." - from Sir Terry Pratchett's The Truth

Last edited by IceDemeter; 01-30-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownguy View Post
Disliking one leader does not equal approval of another.
Yea, so much this. So many people frame this debate as either or, my team vs your team. There's no middle ground. It's polarized and discussion never really leads to anything constructive. Things are complicated, but people are lazy, so they create false dichotomies to gloss over the complexity. Makes it easier to create good guys and bad guys, and support a black and white view of the world.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDemeter View Post

Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship / monarchy which controls their population under the strictest sharia law. Those who don't subscribe to the most extremist Islam beliefs are subject to the death penalty. Many of the refugees are trying to escape the extremism and live in accordance to the more modern and "liberal" sects of Islam (you know - believing things like women are actual people and not less than goats, and that folks who don't follow the extremist sects of Islam shouldn't be killed for their beliefs).

[...]

Oh - and my political leanings are right wing and I strongly support the screening of refugees and immigrants to not allow in those who follow extremist religious sects of any kind, as history shows them to be the least likely to make a positive contribution to our society (and the most likely to be a danger). Religious beliefs are a conscious personal choice (not an accident of birth such as sex or skin colour or race), and so should be taken in to consideration as an indication of potential behaviour from an individual. Individual responsibility and choices need to be considered in the options of assistance given to any refugee or possible immigrant.
This is a great post. Regardless of political persuasion, it actually shows some critical thought and reflection on the topic and the possible unintended consequences. I wish more folks could take the time to do this instead of just being fanboys for their political "team".
Old 01-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDemeter View Post

So, this "agreement" essentially is letting Saudi Arabia finance the forced expansion of the most extremist Islamic sects and sharia law - the fertile spawning ground for the Islam-associated terrorist groups. The refugees in the "safe areas" will be forced to follow sharia law, and those with more modern beliefs will be killed or silenced - and left to foment even greater hatred for the world who abandoned them to this.

This "agreement" also seems at this point to be missing the approval of the governments and people of Yemen and Syria - and has the potential of allowing a Saudi expansion in to other countries with Western backing. This must be a good idea, right? There aren't any nearby examples where Western meddling to create new national boundaries has caused even more violence...

I personally think that there might be a few holes in the theory that this is a "win", and that it is a "good" step in the direction of lessening the threat of terrorism...

It sounds great to let people stay close to their original homes, and to not subject them to the culture shock of trying to assimilate in to areas with different languages and customs and religions. It is without a doubt a less expensive option, and there will be many refugees that will welcome the option. I just hope that the implementation of this agreement includes the option for refugees who don't wish to remain in a religious totalitarian state to continue to apply for immigration to other countries and it doesn't just become an unofficial prison.

It's a win for the refuges as they will have a safe zone in which to escape the war zone.
And a win for the nations that were taking then in , as it will ease the burden on the taxpayers that are ultimately left to pay the bill.