Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 AM

Default were to find the area list for non draw tags

I was just wondering were a person finds the list of areas were you don't need to draw a tag for.I have been hunting for years but have just satrted thinking about hunting different animals.I am looking mostly for bull elk or sheep.I am not asking for honey holes just wondering what places a guy can buy tags with out a draw.also were does one find what areas are foot access only for sheep.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 AM

Hi

Have a look in the Regs under the WMU grouping. They list all the species seasons and which are draw or not.
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/
Info such as : S3 - O31 402, 404, 406, 408 were for 2008 was a non tag area.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:40 AM

If you've been hunting for years, then you know where to look in the regs to see if what you're hunting and what the seasons are, and whether or not there is a draw for them.

Right in the regs, either online at the link posted or in the books.

Every species other than Black bear has at least one or two areas listed that are draw areas, have a look. I'm assuming that in the past all you've hunted is whitetails (outside of the mountains or K-Country) or black bears?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 AM

I'v hunted whitetails the most.but I hunted black bear last year and a few mulies other years too.I have mostly just gotten in to bow hunting in the last couple of years but when i am hunting something new I would prefer a rifle.I have been putting in for draws for a few years but havn't got much priority.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:11 AM

Okay...well if you have been applying for draws and have hunted mulies in the past then I'd assume that its quite easy for you to find out which areas are draw and which are not.

Right in the regs. The ones that arent listed as Special License areas are listed as General Season. All non-draw tags are also listed in the draw booklet at the back.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 AM

thanx.I just wasn't sure if there was nothing noted about an area if they have no season because.but now I know.I guess?.I just din't want to assume and plana trip around it.just to find out no season.thank you
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM

that little black square beside the date of the season in the regs means its draw.... how did you know to hunt mulies if your not sure where the draw area is? seems kinda risky considering most of alberta is draw for rifle mulie