Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-29-2009, 10:06 AM

Default bear bait recipe

I don't bait personally, but for those who do here is a recipe you can try.
You will need a gallon or two of mollasses or honey,a large bag of donut or pastry crumbs, a paint brush and a chain.
Heres how:
Find yourself a peta or greenpeace member. These can easily be had at any NDP meeting or along Whyte Ave. in Edmonton and there is an endless supply.
Tell them you are planning an anti hunting trip, don't worry its ok to lie to them they do it all the time and are used to it.
Take them to your spot and chain them to a sturdy tree, you should have no problem here as they often do it voluntarily.
Now, take your brush and coat them liberally with the molasses or honey,next sprinkle a coating of the crumbs liberally over all parts. Pay paticular attention to the tender areas. If you are the artsy type you can be creative and dust them here and there with icing sugar. Express yourself!!
Now sit down and wait. After the bear shows up you MUST remember to wait until it has licked off at least 80% of the coating from your volunteer.
It is now time to ask them if they would like you to shoot the bear. If they say no, simply reapply your coating , go home and come back tommorow.By then they should be ready.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 AM

Picking on dumb people is wrong
Putting a bear at risk of ingesting something like that is cruel and should not be done to any animal.

I hope you feel bad for posting this

It's funny but I will not admit to it as I am learning how to be politically correct and more sensitive to the bottom feeders of our advance society.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Banned

Hahaha Be interesting to see the reds views on hunting then!