Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2021, 04:11 PM

Default McKinnon Flats and Legacy Island

Has anyone had encounters with vehicle break ins at either of these spots? Buddy has witnessed car break ins twice this year already down there (once at each spot). I know if you put things out of sight, usually that is fine, but I was wondering if anyone has seen a rise in break-ins this year? I have never had an issue and I have been fishing this area for years.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:54 PM

Outdoor gear holds its value and is a juicy target for any thief.

Since the pandemic and resulting economic turmoil, crime is at an all time high.

I wouldn't be shocked if any popular access points, including fish creek park, were the target of thieves.

A smart person would have set some bait, with the authorities on stand by, and get the culprits caught red handed. It's either than or eventually someone is going to get a taste of vigilante justice and violence is never the answer or so they say
Old 05-13-2021, 08:43 AM

I have not heard other than here now but no surprise. I remember talking to Gord Kennedy ( Westwinds) about this 15 years ago and the crackheads breaking glass to steal the 30 bucks left for shuttle money. Scumbags!!!!
Floated Jensons to Mac yesterday...... the big gooseegg but got the wife to shuttle the truck back and forth.
Will be mindful and keep an eye as I did see a suspicious truck so to the launch at jensons stopping and asking me where I was going and that there was no access to the river ...... smiled and kept going.
Floating police to mac saturday and will be watching the crowds at the launch.
Thanks for posting.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
I have not heard other than here now but no surprise. I remember talking to Gord Kennedy ( Westwinds) about this 15 years ago and the crackheads breaking glass to steal the 30 bucks left for shuttle money. Scumbags!!!!
Floated Jensons to Mac yesterday...... the big gooseegg but got the wife to shuttle the truck back and forth.
Will be mindful and keep an eye as I did see a suspicious truck so to the launch at jensons stopping and asking me where I was going and that there was no access to the river ...... smiled and kept going.
Floating police to mac saturday and will be watching the crowds at the launch.
Thanks for posting.
Sounds like you have an awesome day planned for Saturday. Weather looks great!
Old 05-13-2021, 11:55 AM

The HMCS Pale Ale will be boating a few there young laddie!!!!!
We hope........

Last edited by walker1; 05-13-2021 at 12:01 PM.