Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Jamie, maybe it's the little conspiracy theorist in me, but I get a distinct impression that part of the schedualing may just be the NHL throwing a bone to the CPS. They are pretty amped up about not having another 'Red Mile', so later starts on weird days sure helps to keep the mayhem to a minimum. Probably a coincidence, but just a thought.

Tree
Old 04-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Any way you boil it down the flames HAVE to be better on sunday. I for one will be doing my best to encourage them as I just found out I won a chance to buy tickets for the game through the flames special lottery. WOOOHOOO C of red here I come!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
Any way you boil it down the flames HAVE to be better on sunday. I for one will be doing my best to encourage them as I just found out I won a chance to buy tickets for the game through the flames special lottery. WOOOHOOO C of red here I come!!!!!!!
You won a CHANCE? man, how many draws do you have to get through?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
I think we got 3 or`4..
I think a bigger question should be why didnt you guys score way more than 1 goal on all those 5 on 3's?
They couldnt close the door on Calgary. I hope for your sake the SJ PP gets better than that weak ass performance.

There is no doubt SJ is the favorite in this series. I just think Calgary has a good chance of upsetting them. SJ has a good enough team to win the cup.. But can they get by the Flames... Time will tell

Jamie
1 goal was enough to "close the door"
25 shots on goal is not a weak ass performance. The Shames just had their best pen killer on for all the pp's.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You won a CHANCE? man, how many draws do you have to get through?
I guess my wording could have been different. Substitute privilege for chance. Basically they drew my name out of 50000 applicants. I then went to ticketmaster and punched in my code and bought my tickets. If I wouldn't have bought them they would have gone to anyone starting at 1PM tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
That makes 2 of us. We already have tickets for Sunday, but we also won the chance to buy tickets for Tuesday so we are off to that game as well. Nice to be lucky every once in a while. Have you bought your tickets yet?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
That makes 2 of us. We already have tickets for Sunday, but we also won the chance to buy tickets for Tuesday so we are off to that game as well. Nice to be lucky every once in a while. Have you bought your tickets yet?
Yup, Section 214. I will be the one in the flames jersey
Old 04-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Yup, Section 214. I will be the one in the flames jersey
Is that on Sunday? We will be in 213 for game # 3, and it must be a coincidence, but I'll also be wearing a red jersey. You should be able to pick me out in the crowd. Ha Ha
Old 04-11-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Is that on Sunday? We will be in 213 for game # 3.
you bet its sundays. row 22 what level u at?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
you bet its sundays. row 22 what level u at?
13, so we are fairly close I think.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
13, so we are fairly close I think.
I will have a red jersey and the girlfriend will be wearing a white old school jersey. I will probably be wearing a light tan camo hat to ensure I am not mistaken for a city slicker Stop me and say hi!

edit. Seats 21,22
Old 04-11-2008, 04:19 PM

PM sent
Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
SNIPER

I lost a bet on the first game. I had to by a T-shirt with FLAMES on it. I paid
up.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 PM

Snicker, snicker.

Hey, it looks like Jamie isn't the only one getting his butt into shape. Sniper, what are ya down to now? A B cup?

Tree
Old 04-11-2008, 10:38 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post

Snicker, snicker.

Hey, it looks like Jamie isn't the only one getting his butt into shape. Sniper, what are ya down to now? A B cup?

Tree
I didn't think anyone noticed.
I also didn't know you were into moobs
Old 04-11-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
I didn't think anyone noticed.
I also didn't know you were into moobs
ROTFLMAO!

Sorry dude, that was too easy. I watched some of the Master's today and the first thing that came to mind was Phil's moobs.

Tree

PS Phil's are much shaplier btw
Old 04-13-2008, 08:28 PM

Someone forgot to tell the SHAMES that the game started at 8 oclock not 8:03:34s made the C of red kinda silent, still lots of time to get it back but doesn't look good for Iggy and co. Like I said in other posts Flamers look slow and when Kipper isn't on then the team has very little going for it.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
SNIPER

It's pretty funny how much the announcers are homers. Sarich's charge and hit to the head gets a no call and the announcers agree that it's a good call. Only thing is Sarich runs to the penalty box because he is positive he's getting a penalty. What a joke!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM

elbow looked alittle high there but I think it was the camera angle more than anything, Flames aint done yet with the pp goal but If SJ gets the next its all over but the crying
Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
SNIPER

Doesn't have to be an elbow to be a hit to the head. The shoulder hit him first,in the head, which by the rules is a hit to the head penalty. Now, they don't call too many men. WTF!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 PM

Valid point but those who look through Flame colred glasses will say it was a perfectly clean hit, but they also think Iggy is a top 5 player...LOL
Old 04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
SNIPER

Kanon, you are correct. I had to vent OR throw the remote at the T.V.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:30 PM

LOL nice Phantom elbowing call on the Sharks guy didnt even come close to hittn him, his own player slew footed him. Brutal. SJ with the next goal I say
Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
LOL nice Phantom elbowing call on the Sharks guy didnt even come close to hittn him, his own player slew footed him. Brutal. SJ with the next goal I say
Yeah no doubt.
I thought snowing the goalie was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? ****ing idiotic refs, they sure want the shames to win!! Sharks are going to be very lucky to win this, it's starting to remind me of Stampede wrestling!! Refs are only seeing the good guys "breaking" the rules.

Last edited by SNIPER; 04-13-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:09 PM

SNIPER what did Ed Whalen use to say on Stampede wrestling when a come back was under way by someone who appeared down and out. "Looks like a ralley"
Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 PM

Give the shames credit they didnt lie down and and die.....GOD I HATE THE FLAMES
Old 04-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Grampa Jim

Guys, I am sitting here giggling like a school girl.
Sniper.. You have any hair left?? Or did you pull it all out? You plan on shopping for a new TV tommorow? I am not sure if Future shop covers damages by a brick. Its ok though there must be something wrong with your TV anyhow. I saw Calgaru get called for 5 Penaltys and SJ only 2. (Did you notice we were 100% on the PP? Good thing you didnt take any more.

Great comeback, showed a ton of pride.
Kipper will start next game.. Then SJ is in a worl dof trouble. He doesnt take kindly to bad games.
BTW that Sarich hit was well within the rules.
Man he hit him so hard the whole team gave up.
Anyone remember the thread about Violence in hockey and how hard hits are detremental to the game??? Detremental to the Sharks perhaps.
Cujo.. What a pick up. Did you see the interview after the game? The guy had a PERMASMILE. Very proud and happy guy.
This will do WONDERS for the flames confidence and will absoulutly destroy SJ. SJ will have to do a lot of soul searching before the next game.
IF.. and its still a big IF Calgary can manage to win the next, this series is over in 5.

Oh and just to remind those por SJ fans I thought I would quote myself.

"the loseing team will get on here and complain the other team is lucky OR they will complain about the Refs"

Jamie..
Still on dads Computer.. But its getting closer!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:29 PM

Im in BC right now. Only guy at the bar sporting a flames Jersey. But wow. I turned to my buddy and said. "It's easy to see if the flames are on or not. if they turn you will know". This was after the first 4 mins....... Im still amazed that it turned.
They were nearly beat in the first 4 mins. What can I say, that was a great game to watch.
I have been spending more time on other message boards but come here to read what has been going on. Not much has changed eh!
Kannon still at our necks... I dread the day the oilers are doing well again.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
Guys, I am sitting here giggling like a school girl.
Sniper.. You have any hair left?? Or did you pull it all out? You plan on shopping for a new TV tommorow? I am not sure if Future shop covers damages by a brick. Its ok though there must be something wrong with your TV anyhow. I saw Calgaru get called for 5 Penaltys and SJ only 2. (Did you notice we were 100% on the PP? Good thing you didnt take any more.

Great comeback, showed a ton of pride.
Kipper will start next game.. Then SJ is in a worl dof trouble. He doesnt take kindly to bad games.
BTW that Sarich hit was well within the rules.
Man he hit him so hard the whole team gave up.
Anyone remember the thread about Violence in hockey and how hard hits are detremental to the game??? Detremental to the Sharks perhaps.
Cujo.. What a pick up. Did you see the interview after the game? The guy had a PERMASMILE. Very proud and happy guy.
This will do WONDERS for the flames confidence and will absoulutly destroy SJ. SJ will have to do a lot of soul searching before the next game.
IF.. and its still a big IF Calgary can manage to win the next, this series is over in 5.

Oh and just to remind those por SJ fans I thought I would quote myself.

"the loseing team will get on here and complain the other team is lucky OR they will complain about the Refs"

Jamie..
Still on dads Computer.. But its getting closer!

x2 everything Jamie said.
Boy did we pound the s**t out of those sharks.Did anyone see Thorton out there tonight,how many points did Iggy get...that whats i thought.

This is going to turn the series BIG TIME!!!!!!

Sniper get a box of tissues,change your diaper and stop whining.

This is the magic you need to win a cup so lets keep it going next game.

Anybody else happy we have Cujo instead of are rookie backup.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 PM

I really do not know who will start in net next game ?