Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
The dealership is not responsible of vehicles broken into or damaged outside on the lot. You're insurance company is responsible.
It burst into flame. Nobody stole it. Sounds like a manufacturing or QC problem to me.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 PM

There is a long list of recalls including another 1.3 million or so last year and a federal investigation into Hyundai-Kia. When I was looking into them, there was several years of engine recalls in a row. With the federal investigation I bet the warranties will be honored.

They do have some good advertisements. I had that "Someday Baby" song stuck in my head for a month or more.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
There is a long list of recalls including another 1.3 million or so last year and a federal investigation into Hyundai-Kia. When I was looking into them, there was several years of engine recalls in a row. With the federal investigation I bet the warranties will be honored.

They do have some good advertisements. I had that "Someday Baby" song stuck in my head for a month or more.
And how many recalls have Ford , GM , and Chrysler had? They have had more than their share as well.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Yup they are all junk. Just pick your poison lol. You know what they say. ( how do you sell more cars? Just don’t make them last so long ) once your payments stop the problems start. All a warrant is: they know it will break down but because your still making payments they will fix it. If it would not break down non of us would care about warranty. Built in Obsolescence
Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Banned

Even Mercedes has a service shop.

Been driving Kia since 2002, still running that engine in my current car. 400,000 kms and going strong. Just changed the water pump last week, was the original.

Every manufacturer has it's good and bad.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukisam View Post
Yup they are all junk.
You are welcome to design and manufacture better at a competitive price point... You will be rich if you can do so...
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 PM

My buddy has bought a few Sorentos on the dirt cheap after timing belt failures-Rebuilds and flips them.

The AWD system is badly engineered on the one I helped him with. It was vacuum actuated and it defaults to 2wd with any vacuum leak. And they prefer to leak

Brutal
Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And how many recalls have Ford , GM , and Chrysler had? They have had more than their share as well.
Google is your friend. There is shavings showing up in the oil due to improper machining practices. It is well documented and poorly looked after leading to a federal investigation.

This thread is not about Ford, GM, Chrysler or you. If you have a problem with them you should start another thread.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:02 PM

Would never own another Kia after my last experiences owning a sorento which was a giant heap of junk. Getting them to honour warranty was a hassle, even after they repaired my lemon something else would fail. After two years of bs I threw them the keys and legal action was taken. I now own a 4Runner and will
Never deal with KIA ever again.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Google is your friend. There is shavings showing up in the oil due to improper machining practices. It is well documented and poorly looked after leading to a federal investigation.

This thread is not about Ford, GM, Chrysler or you. If you have a problem with them you should start another thread.
And the thread isn't about Hyundai 4 cylinder engines either, it's about a Kia V6 engine, not the 4 cylinder engines that have the issues you mentioned.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 04-15-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
And the thread isn't about Hyundai 4 cylinder engines either, it's about a Kia V6 engine, not the 4 cylinder engines that have the issues you mentioned.
It is more their failure to honor warranty than the actual failure. There is 1.5 million recalled covering a wide range of models and the poor customer service is well documented.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I have 80,000km on my Hyundai, and no issues at all, my father had well over 100,000km on his, and no issues. Both are AWD vehicles and are excellent on snowy roads. A close friend of my fathers is a Hyundai dealer, and the vehicles have been very reliable.
Have the Elantra GT and its literally the worst vehicle Ive ever driven on winter roads. Worse then even my old 2wd 88 half ton. Back end sways back and forth any time theres ice or snow on the roads. Would never buy another one. If you search for it I guess its a known issue with the Elantra/Elantra GT.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 04-17-2018, 08:44 PM

Default Bad engines

Is this related to your problem?

https://www.wheels.ca/top-ten/seven-...ke-the-plague/
Old 04-17-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57charlie View Post
The OP posted that it was a six cylinder, not a 4 cylinder.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:28 PM

A friend of a friend had the motor go in a small SUV or crossover outfit, I think it was a Kia??? It apparently had an obsolete model of engine and they were going to have to have a one off new motor machined for some astronomical price? I forget all of the particulars now but it sounded like it was a bit of an epidemic with that model.