Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Default Ammo shortage?

Anyone know where I can find some 7mm rem mag hornady superformance boxes? I've checked bass pro and a few crappy tires, none to be found, even hard to find boxes of 7mm period.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox208 View Post
Anyone know where I can find some 7mm rem mag hornady superformance boxes? I've checked bass pro and a few crappy tires, none to be found, even hard to find boxes of 7mm period.
Do you know anybody who can work you up a few hand loads?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 PM

This situation started several months ago, and as the hunting season gets going, it's just going to get worse. If you are lucky to find what you are looking for, buy enough to last a while.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:01 PM

I do know a guy who hand loads but his supplies ran out and he can't even find bullets and powder
Old 08-28-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Here you go: Cabela's in Edmonton or...

http://www.cabelas.ca/category/cente...3?pagenumber=2
Old 08-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Banned

Try here:

http://www.grouseriver.com/Nosler_Cu...hun-002042.htm

They have excellent customer service.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do know a guy who hand loads but his supplies ran out and he can't even find bullets and powder
I understand his pain. I have just enough powder and bullets to get me thru hunting season.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Maybe certain bullets and lots of preferred powders are harder to get, but by no means is there no components.

You can order from 1 or 2 of the big stores and they will put your powder aside for you if you are in not too much of a hurry. What are you after? I saw some Ramshot Magnum sitting on the shelf in Whitecourt.

If you are desperate I might even have some stuff I can deal on.

Where are you located?

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 PM

I'm in Calgary, i do have a buddy that plans on checking out cabelas next week when he is there
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM

You might find lots of ammunition and components listed online, but when you walk into the store, or call on the phone to make a purchase, you often find out that they don't have any stock, and don't know when they are getting any. I have found this to be true at Wholesale Sports, Cabelas, and Grouse River, as well as many other locations. It's going to be a tough year for some people, so take what you can get, to make it through the hunting season, and consider keeping more supplies on hand, when you are able to find them.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You might find lots of ammunition and components listed online, but when you walk into the store, or call on the phone to make a purchase, you often find out that they don't have any stock, and don't know when they are getting any. I have found this to be true at Wholesale Sports, Cabelas, and Grouse River, as well as many other locations. It's going to be a tough year for some people, so take what you can get, to make it through the hunting season, and consider keeping more supplies on hand, when you are able to find them.
I think it was Cabelas that you can order from. If you can wait a couple weeks(?), they will get some in. Lots of the powder comes in, but in small quantities, so it disappears fast. But if you order, it will be there waiting for you.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I think it was Cabelas that you can order from. If you can wait a couple weeks(?), they will get some in. Lots of the powder comes in, but in small quantities, so it disappears fast. But if you order, it will be there waiting for you.
Some powders haven't come in for months, let alone weeks. You can back order all that you want, but I wouldn't be expecting it to be waiting for you at the store in a couple of weeks.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 PM

It does come in ocasiaonally in small amounts, i got some imr 4350 from cabellas last week, if you go on there website and add it to your cart it will tell you if it is on backorder, if it does not show as on backorder they have it in stock.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:15 AM

I order all mine off cabelas website, it always says they have it in stock.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Banned

I'm buying rcbs rock checker in the am.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:12 AM

Default powder orders

I have had Retumbo and Varget on backorder @ Cabela's since the middle of June! I don't expect it 'til early next year. Cabela's is out of most of the powders I'm interested in. I managed to get a bunch of IMR 4350 though. Brass is picked over there and the bullet selection is picked over. P and D RESCUED me yesterday. I got the last box of .25 cal 110 Accubonds. .277 supply in Accubonds was good but the 7mm and .30's were totally gone! Speer Deep Curls are low in .30 calibre @ Cabela's but WSS has them. It seems you can't get everything at one place but if you visit 4 or 5 places chances are you'll find everything you need except powder.