Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 08:17 AM

Default Jard Trigger?

So.... I am looking to get my trigger on my Tikka Varmint under 16oz. I would like to be in the 8oz. range for target shooting. I have the yo-Dave trigger spring which is freakishly light, I would say all the spring does is move the trigger enough to cock the rifle. My trigger right now is at 1lb 3oz of which I am sure 95% is from the firing pin spring. Everything still works as it should, safety and such. The JARD co. claims a trigger pull of 8oz. but I am wondering how they would or could achieve that if the yo- Dave spring and factory trigger cannot.

I would love to keep the rifle and get it re barreled after this one is shot out but if I am limited in the trigger dept may have to move to a different platform for bench shooting.

So, does anyone have a comment or review on the JARD triggers (which is the only Co. that claims to get a Tikka trigger below a lb) or have any other ideas to get an 8oz trigger in a Tikka.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-09-2020, 08:25 AM

Is it worth a call to check out the specs on a Tikka set trigger? I haven't seen where the stores over here, have advertised any guns with them in them, but, they are available with them on the T3X. Stoeger Cda could likely tell you what you need to know about them, or if they'll do what you need doing.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Banned

I have jard triggers On my fierce rifles and they are definitely an upgrade from stock
I like mine more than the timneys I’ve had
Old 07-09-2020, 04:43 PM
Banned

Oh and they ship to canada and are good guys to deal with
Old 07-09-2020, 05:36 PM

I had a JARD on a sporting carbine, it was a solid upgrade.

LC
Old 07-09-2020, 10:09 PM

I just installed a Jard in my Weatherby and I'm impressed. I've got Timney and Rifle Basix but this seems to be much better. I have mine set at 20 oz. My buddy just put one in a Browning T Bolt 22 and is under a lb. The only trigger I like better is a Volquartsen in my Ruger 10/22.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:06 PM

So I ordered a JARD will do a review when I get it on the rifle.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-16-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
So I ordered a JARD will do a review when I get it on the rifle.
Well, did you ever get the Jard trigger assembly? I searched but didn’t see your review of it.

I’m looking to get one for a Browning A-Bolt II. Did you order directly from Jard?
Old 02-16-2022, 11:54 AM
Banned

I ordered one from jard for a fierce rifle
Definitely an upgrade
Old 02-16-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Well, did you ever get the Jard trigger assembly? I searched but didn’t see your review of it.

I’m looking to get one for a Browning A-Bolt II. Did you order directly from Jard?
Yes I got the trigger directly from Jard. While not as nice feeling as my bothers Trigger Tech I have it down to 4oz. Fully adjustable. As a side note, it is on it's second Tikka. The first one all I could get it down to was 8 oz. without problems. I bolted it into the second Tikka and without any adjustment it was 3oz. on this rifle. I then changed the firing pin and with the new firing pin it is at 4oz. again without any adjustment. I am on the fence on whether or not to try and get it lower. It is a bench rifle. Overall I am happy.

Thomas Sowell