Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2022, 09:39 AM

Default Freezer Alarms

We recently moved and our freezer is now in a lower traffic area of the house. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a freezer alarm? I don't want to risk having a freezer go and losing all our wild game.

I purchased one from Amazon (Fditt) and within two weeks the sensor stopped working. Ordered another more expensive one (Acurite) with better reviews and last night the alarm went off saying the freezer was at -10?C (which wasn't true).

Sent from my SM-N981W using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2022, 09:43 AM

I've got an accurite off of amazon with sensors in 3 freezers.

saved our bacon twice already due to blown breakers we didn't know about.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:58 AM

I have this model it's been working fine for two year I use lithium batteries in the freezer. The suction cups don't work in the freezer.

https://www.amazon.ca/AcuRite-Digita...n%2C117&sr=1-3
Old 10-04-2022, 12:18 PM

I’ve bought a YoLink hub and temp sensors off amazon to monitor freezers. That’s now morphed into temp sensors, water sensors, motion sensors, controllable plugs/light switches, shop door controllers and autonomous fans on grain bins. The system has been worth every penny, it’s detected 2 wet floors and one freezer failure, one furnace failure, the freezer had almost a full beef in it.

I don’t usually praise a product but this system has been excellent, simple to setup, in short it just works. It’s more than you need for monitoring a freezer but if you ever want to branch out your monitoring it’s an inexpensive place to start. There are other systems that are similar, pick one that has the most things you may use and go with it.

I bought my parents one for their house, I can monitor their freezers and house when they are gone.

https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Tempe...%2C391&sr=8-20

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw