Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-25-2017, 04:04 PM

I will post a picture when I pick it up. I have decided to mount a Swarovski Z5-3.5x18x44 on it. I had this scope from a 300 WM I used to own and was going to sell it, but think it's a good fit.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:40 PM

Still waiting on some pics…
Old 10-14-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt300wm View Post
I am thinking about purchasing a Sako Carbonlight. I am having a tough time selecting the caliber and as this is such an expensive gun its likey I only had one kick of the can on this one. I have 2 Sako 85's already, a Black Bear in a 30/06 and a Kodiak in a 338 WM. I am thinking that A 7 mm Rem Mag is a great caliber for the mountain rifle (Carbonlight) and I can trade or sell the 30/06 to get a 7mm-08.

I had contemplated the 260 Rem and the 7mm-08, but feel they don't have enough punch after the 400 yard mark (Rarely shoot that far when hunting, but like the capacity to do so). In addition, its nice to have the extra oomph should I cross paths with a Grizzly out in the mountains.

The gun would be used for Elk and Sheep, if I did go with the 7mm-08 Sheep and Deer

thoughts?
I'd go with the 300 WM
Old 10-14-2021, 12:43 PM

I bought a used Finnlight in 7mm-08. It’s a great little gun. I topped mine with a 3i 3.5-10*40. If I decide to lighten it up a bit it’s going to wear a Wildcat stock.

Last edited by Prairiekid; 10-14-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisPbacon View Post
I'd go with the 300 WM
.260 Carbonlight oh my!! WHERE!?!
Old 10-14-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Still waiting on some pics…
Looks like you are going to wait a while, lol.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Looks like you are going to wait a while, lol.
I’m very patient….
Old 10-23-2021, 10:11 AM

Dont waste your money on a carbonlight. I bought on chambered in 7mm rem mag and it wouldnt eject a case. If contacted stoeger Canada they would not do nothing for me. Kept saying mount the scope higher. I bought the highest mounts and it still wouldn't clear. Also the engineers at sako arent bright. They tried to build a late weight gun But put a huge heavy steel recoil lug in the stock.

I will never spend a dime on a new sako rifle in my life again. Spend $4000 and get a terrible product and customer service. I owned 11 sako rifles i sold them all after this.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeboehm View Post
Dont waste your money on a carbonlight. I bought on chambered in 7mm rem mag and it wouldnt eject a case. If contacted stoeger Canada they would not do nothing for me. Kept saying mount the scope higher. I bought the highest mounts and it still wouldn't clear. Also the engineers at sako arent bright. They tried to build a late weight gun But put a huge heavy steel recoil lug in the stock.

I will never spend a dime on a new sako rifle in my life again. Spend $4000 and get a terrible product and customer service. I owned 11 sako rifles i sold them all after this.
I completely understand being magnum peaved with Sako over the issues with the last gun. That would not have convinced be to get rid of 11 great guns. I would have gone over Stoeger's head direct to the CEO of Sako/Beretta. Beretta bought out Sako about 20 years ago. They also directly own Stoegers. If that didn't work I would have put on so much pressure they eventually gave me the right outcome. Letting them off the hook solves nothing.

Pietro Gussalli Beretta CEO
Franco Gussalli Beretta Exec VP
Carlos Benito Berretta Director
Old 10-23-2021, 11:21 AM

Yup I know and since they acquired Sako They've gone down hill they've lost a lot of customers customers they've had this issue since the 85 came out and they haven't corrected it. There is lots of different discussions on the matter in all different countries and they all have the same issue nothing was done for them. Beretta I shone over and over That they don't care about this issue because then they would have to fix and spend millions of dollars for all the unhappy customers out there. They would have to change everybody's bolt it is the design. Even a manufacturer like fierce that copies the sako 85 action And said they fix the issue are having problems with it. A company that doesn't take care of their customersI do not want to support that's why I unloaded all their rifles hope they won't get a dime for me or support ever again
Old 10-23-2021, 12:47 PM

Wink One gun!

Tikka..