Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriertxv View Post
One of my wife's friend lived in Kuwait with her husband as he worked over there. She is a good looking 50 year old blond and was treated about the same as a dog would be. They lived in a compound, she had to have a driver and could only go to certain places and had to only wer certain clothes.
Like I said even little boys treated her like a lower form of live. She hated it there and would never go back no matter how much money her husband made and outright told him they would be done if he did.
Even though her husband is white and was treated better because he is a man he was called an infidel all the time.
Kuwait is supposed to be one of the moderate Muslim countries so imagine what the non moderate Muslim countries would be like!!!
I wouldn't consider Kuwait to be "one of the moderate Muslin countries".

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 11-18-2015, 11:11 PM

Why, when I review possible locations in Middle East I would.

Last edited by ak-71; 11-18-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knownonscents View Post
This is a sincere question.

I do not know as I have never been.

As it stands today how would a white male or female American be treated walking through the streets only speaking English

Would it be possible to live safely for 1 week in a Muslim community abroad.

I'm really hoping that this thread doesn't turn ugly the way it sure could but I would like some honest opinion that ideally would have some facts behind it.

Thanks in advance
Been through about 10 Muslim countries in the past 10 years. Never had a single issue in any of them and I was traveling with my wife too in most of them. She was never harassed or bothered in any way, every one treated her with respect. She also went on her own to 2 of them by herself and once again was not harassed or bothered at all.
I have never worried about my items being stolen but they are very good at removing your money from you right in front of your eyes if your not a good bargainer!!
I would go back to almost (except for the ones in a civil war) any of these countries and feel perfectly at ease even in these troubling times.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
So when are we starting to deport those who do not follow the traditions of Canada? Let's see: burkas, hijabs, demands for removal of pork from the school menu, demands to remove Mary Christmas from public places because it offends some people?
X 1000000 Thanks for the post KGB.....masalma You had a Post
You thought if you are in a country you are supposed to respect the laws and culture. Show me where this is happening because its not happening here in Canada or any other country!!! With the majority of muslims that come to start a new life in a country that has its own traditions and religions. It OFFENDS me that they demand ME! or all people to follow there traditions! from a country they RUN FLEE HATE they have no respect for my country.
I could care less about their way of life and religions......as long as they keep it to them selves! Wanna come here, follow our way of life WHICH IS A FREE LIFE OR GET THE HELL OUT! or keep them out. Now im going to make BACON! and eggs for breakfast and sing MERRY CHRISTMAS to my kids

Last edited by 243 wild cat; 11-19-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:03 AM

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/3805842
ttp://www.islamicweb.com/begin/population.htm

Indonesia, Malaysia, and Turkey are all Muslim countries I world travel to with my family.
there are many Christian countries I wouldn't travel too. Put the hate where its earned on the extremists groups and countries. Hell even the states why are they such good alies with the Saudi's? Politics at play. I don't claim to know alot about the Muslim religion. But any religion will be interpeted as peacefull by peaceful people and a religion can be interpeted as violent and evil by violent evil people.

In a link above Buddhists are carrying out ethnic cleansing. Genocide in Burma.

My 2c
Brad
Old 11-19-2015, 04:16 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
So when are we starting to deport those who do not follow the traditions of Canada? Let's see: burkas, hijabs, demands for removal of pork from the school menu, demands to remove Mary Christmas from public places because it offends some people?
X 1000000 Thanks for the post KGB masalma Post
He thought if you are in a country you are supposed to respect the laws and culture. Well that's not what's happening here in Canada or any other country! With the majority of muslims that come to start a new life in a country that has its own traditions and religions. It OFFENDS me that they demand ME! to follow there traditions!
I could care less about their way of life and religions......as long as they keep it to them selves! Wanna come here, follow our way of life WHICH IS A FREE LIFE OR GET THE HELL OUT! or keep them out. Now im going to make BACON! and eggs for breakfast and sing MERRY CHRISTMAS to my kids
Old 11-19-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
He thought if you are in a country you are supposed to respect the laws and culture. Well that's not what's happening here in Canada or any other country! With the majority of muslims that come to start a new life in a country that has its own traditions and religions. It OFFENDS me that they demand ME! to follow there traditions!
Enjoy your breakfast and song.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:34 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
Can you tell this to radical muslims here in North America and Europe? Will they obey it? Poland said that if NATO is going to send troops to Syria/Iraq, Polish troops will not go while young, healthy Arab refugees are drinking coffee in Berlin or Paris. We are tolerant of theirs culture, they are not tolerant about our.
Yep we bend o ear backwards and for what, to feel good about ourselves or something like that, sometimes I think we are a bunch of suckers, million year wars going on and we think our culture and way of thinking can fix it.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-19-2015, 06:48 AM
Banned

Default Depends on the hornets nest

It is a good question your asking and it depends where you are and the political tone at the moment regarding their view on the west typically tied to the U.S. Administration recent actions.

For example I lived in Sharia Law Khartoum a month after 911 and would walk anywhere along the Nile or in any market or bazar untouched and respected. I then flew for a Safari into Nairobi and could barely walk four blocks without being in danger.

If I were a blond hot looking lady I would not be without security unless you want to be thought of a loose provacative bitch looking for some fun.

I have lived in other Muslim countries such as Algeria and Iraq and felt totally comfortable. They respect other religions but remember deep down your viewed as a non believer or infidel. Just the same with the Jewish system who believe non Jews are just Goyin to be used and abused and they can get away with it. It's the bare naked truth. The way it is.

On the other hand you would never see a Christian service being broadcast on speaker horns outside the church in an Islamic country. Everything has to be kept low profile. Suppressed. If you are stupid enough to try to convert a Muslim to Christianity ( like a drilling supervisor I once used in Sudan ) then it will be the death penalty for that person who converted. When in other countries be sensitive to the believe systems and try to understand what rules and customs they have. Respect them and they will respect you. Generally. With ISIS... Forget it. Radicals which have gone back to barbaric fear tactics supported by Saudi and Turkey. ( my personal take after my observations ).

Some of my best and trusted friends are Muslim and I can count on them for much more than I could count on some other people.

That being said there is a new breed of radicalization occurring that is dangerous. Started with the Bali bombs with the radical Malaysians.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:13 AM

Years ago I worked globally in the oilfield and spent large amounts of time in Islamic countries. My treatment depended on the individual, some were nice to me some were neutral, and some straight up didn't like me. It was pretty much exactly like we get treated here.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 AM

Default Reality???

Haha! Buddy, get out of Mom's basement every now and again. Put down the game console. I doubt you have ever met a real live Muslim.
It is ignorant posts like this that are the mirror image of the filth and lies ISIS tells it's children to brainwash them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Thank you. Welcome to reality.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:57 AM

Default Great post

Careful, with posts like this, you might change someone's preconceived ignorant ideas. Muslims being real people...go figgur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post
This forum is FAR from tolerant to other cultures. Every thread on here turns into an US vs THEM. You don't like their way of life, everyone is entitled to their opinion. In a perfect world everyone would respect the laws of the land they are in. But not reality. What makes you different than them if you try to impose your beliefs on them, similar to what you claim they are attempting to do.

In the end everyone thinks they are right. In terms of fighting, it is suicide for them to go and fight, it is like hitting a group of elephants with pebbles and waiting to get stomped. Those civilians have no military training, no access to weapons, they lived life like most of the teens here, concerned with latest trends, facebook, youtube.... Go downtown for a stroll, or a walk to your local high school, most of these kids can't fight their way out of a paper bag. How do you expect them to fight against Assad, Russia, Hezbullah, Iran, ISIS, AlNusra..... All of these groups are heavily armed to the teeth with latest advanced weapons.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
This forum is FAR from tolerant to other cultures. Every thread on here turns into an US vs THEM. You don't like their way of life, everyone is entitled to their opinion. In a perfect world everyone would respect the laws of the land they are in. But not reality. What makes you different than them if you try to impose your beliefs on them, similar to what you claim they are attempting to do.

In the end everyone thinks they are right. In terms of fighting, it is suicide for them to go and fight, it is like hitting a group of elephants with pebbles and waiting to get stomped. Those civilians have no military training, no access to weapons, they lived life like most of the teens here, concerned with latest trends, facebook, youtube.... Go downtown for a stroll, or a walk to your local high school, most of these kids can't fight their way out of a paper bag. How do you expect them to fight against Assad, Russia, Hezbullah, Iran, ISIS, AlNusra..... All of these groups are heavily armed to the teeth with latest advanced weapons.
I am tolerant of every race and religion that wants to come to Canada. My tolerance ends when their intolerance starts infringing on the things that make Canada the great country that it is. So far, I would say this has been minimal. Looking to Europe and the example being set there does give me pause though.

I have to wonder why so many people are leaving Islamic countries in droves for western one's. And then we are surprised when we start seeing the same violence crop up in western countries that exists in Middle eastern countries.

All I ask is that when someone comes to this country they leave their baggage from their home country when they come here. Clearly, hard for some people to do. Slowly Canada is starting to see some of the same violence and hatred start to crop up as we see in Europe.

Masalma, you are the perfect example of the type of person that Canada should have coming here, but I ask you in all sincerity if you can understand the caution some Canadians would hope to see exercised for the sake of Canada's future, when we see what is going on in Europe? Clearly not all immigrants and refugees are of the same caliber as you (and many others that have come here as well)

If Canada does eventually become an Islamic country (as demographics would suggest is going to happen...although these shifts can take turns), what will that country be like? Will it be a western democracy, or a Sharia country ruled by Imams? The time to be asking these questions is now, not 30 years from now.

With all due respect and no offense meant to anyone.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Is there a problem with being right wing in Alberta?
Not at all. There is only an issue with being oppressive.

I have been and lived in many places globally, and I can say that there is nothing wrong with Islamic countries (Muslim countries is not politically correct). People world wide are generally good people, it's the extremists that give religions/cultures a bad name. This might seem like an axiom, yet with the responses I read, this blurb seemed well placed.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:

If I post that I voted Liberals I will get my head bitten off
This propaganda is not true. Contrary to long held muslim beliefs, Canadians don't bite liberals heads off. ........ They taste too much like what they are full of.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Not at all. There is only an issue with being oppressive.

I have been and lived in many places globally, and I can say that there is nothing wrong with Islamic countries (Muslim countries is not politically correct). People world wide are generally good people, it's the extremists that give religions/cultures a bad name. This might seem like an axiom, yet with the responses I read, this blurb seemed well placed.
I am curious how you would feel about Canada becoming an Islamic country if the demographics ever changed enough for that to happen?
Old 11-19-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Sad but true, after seeing some of the posts I lose a lot of respect for many Albertans. This forum truly highlights the right-wing side of Alberta for sure. Oh well, can't change people, thank goodness most people only complain and don't follow through with their words.
I wonder if a few vests containing some explosives that go "Boom"
inside WEM will restore your "I lose a lot of respect for many Albertans",
and right itself onto "that race of folks".
Old 11-19-2015, 09:32 AM

Cool

Quote:
Enjoy your breakfast and song.
I did thanks best dam BACON and eggs in a long time. O ya and MERRY CHRISMAS!! to you.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
He thought if you are in a country you are supposed to respect the laws and culture. Well that's not what's happening here in Canada or any other country! With the majority of muslims that come to start a new life in a country that has its own traditions and religions. It OFFENDS me that they muslims demand ME! to follow there traditions!
KGB that post you put up SUMS IT UP some people just think its ok to **** on are country and its way of life sad so sad.
Closed Thread