Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned

Default Our Dipper Fishin and Huntin Minister

Should stick to the milk carton recycling portfolio.
Makes ya wanna hurl .

http://www.therebel.media/murderous_..._s_environment

What a goofess.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:38 AM

What I find most surprising is: she used to work for Al Jazeera.
I suppose that could qualify her for Fishing and Hunting.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:04 AM

The CIA and DOD both have a budget for studying the effects of climate change on political instability around the world.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...l-intelligence

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6888656.html
Old 11-18-2015, 09:10 AM

So what qualifies this idiot to be in charge of hunting and fishing?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So what qualifies this idiot to be in charge of hunting and fishing?
best of the worst? maybe she was the least bias? or the most? who knows.

i'm not sure why she would even bring it up. clearly she can't think climate change has anything to do with it but she pushes her agenda in a time of grief? that's pretty low
Old 11-18-2015, 09:17 AM

Angry

Another fine example of Lethbridge's contribution to the Dipper gene pool...Or...Oh my goodness we elected another idiot.

Jim
Old 11-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
i'm not sure why she would even bring it up. clearly she can't think climate change has anything to do with it but she pushes her agenda in a time of grief? that's pretty low
Yep, they do. That's what people voted for. The left is totally going all in and linking climate change to Paris attacks.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...climate-talks/

“In fact, climate change is directly related to the growth of terrorism,” Bernie Sanders said during Saturday’s debate. “And if we do not get our act together and listen to what the scientists say you’re going to see countries all over the world — this is what the CIA says — they’re going to be struggling over limited amounts of water, limited amounts of land to grow their crops. And you’re going to see all kinds of international conflict.”

Friday’s terrorist attacks have made the Paris climate talks “even more” important now, according to Christiana Figueres, head of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).

Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Yep, they do. That's what people voted for. The left is totally going all in and linking climate change to Paris attacks.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...climate-talks/

“In fact, climate change is directly related to the growth of terrorism,” Bernie Sanders said during Saturday’s debate. “And if we do not get our act together and listen to what the scientists say you’re going to see countries all over the world — this is what the CIA says — they’re going to be struggling over limited amounts of water, limited amounts of land to grow their crops. And you’re going to see all kinds of international conflict.”

Friday’s terrorist attacks have made the Paris climate talks “even more” important now, according to Christiana Figueres, head of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).

Old 11-18-2015, 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=Newellknik;3037102]

http://www.therebel.media/murderous_..._s_environment

QUOTE]

"You know what they say: you can take the girl off of Al Jazeera but you can't take Al Jazeera out of the girl."

I'm thinking she's had a little more in her than Al Jazeera, maybe a stupid stick as well!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Gone Hunting

I missed the part about what she's goina do with F/W issues. anyone got a link?

Nothing from her number one fan the whitetail hunter??

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-18-2015, 10:30 AM

I hear a duck quacking.

Beyter yet,
Put her picture on the tails side of our dollar coin.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:35 AM

I find these people hilarious.

These crazy jihadi wack jobs would rape her for days then cut her up and feed her to dogs but for some reason these lefty women want to cuddle them.

I am sincerely convinced this mental defect in these people is natures way of taking care of the problem. They will let them in, cuddle them, hug them, give them food, money and housing - only to get their heads chopped off by them as soon as the time is right.

I pity her. She has no idea. Her brain has faulty wiring that will eventually lead to the destruction of the causes she holds so dear. Me and mine will be okay. Its easy not to get hit by a train if you can see the train coming.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:18 AM

I am not one to defend the NDP, nor these young inexperienced ministers, however the report from the rebel takes advantage of poorly worded comment that mixes two thoughts under one reason. The one thought that relates to the terrorists attacks is the idea that we have a lot of work to do on issues of peace conflict resolution. Obviously the NDP minister believes we have a lot of work to do on climate change, not that it is related to the terrorists attacks. Unfortunately for her she included it as a part of the sentence. But you can count on the Rebel to twist it into something ridiculous.

Some of the Rebels articles have been interesting, but this one is really reaching. Give me a break.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
I am not one to defend the NDP, nor these young inexperienced ministers, however the report from the rebel takes advantage of poorly worded comment that mixes two thoughts under one reason. The one thought that relates to the terrorists attacks is the idea that we have a lot of work to do on issues of peace conflict resolution. Obviously the NDP minister believes we have a lot of work to do on climate change, not that it is related to the terrorists attacks. Unfortunately for her she included it as a part of the sentence. But you can count on the Rebel to twist it into something ridiculous.

Some of the Rebels articles have been interesting, but this one is really reaching. Give me a break.
Hmmmmm peace river orange Cool Aid

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am not one to defend the NDP, nor these young inexperienced ministers, however the report from the rebel takes advantage of poorly worded comment that mixes two thoughts under one reason.
They removed the statement from it's context in order to misrepresent it. Why is the minister linking security issues and a climate change conference? The conference is in Paris!

This is shameless, reckless and callow. It's shocking to me just how much worse
The Rebel is than I thought it would be, it's a new low for our country. Not surprising that the drooling hordes around here are falling over themselves to lap it up though.

Also for those can't figure out how weather and terrorism might be linked be informed that Syria experienced the worst drought in its history between 2006 and 2009. Now go read some history books and notice what happens when there is widespread drought like that.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Banned

Default Callow really ....

That is a bald face lie !
Old 11-18-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
They removed the statement from it's context in order to misrepresent it. Why is the minister linking security issues and a climate change conference? The conference is in Paris!

This is shameless, reckless and callow. It's shocking to me just how much worse
The Rebel is than I thought it would be, it's a new low for our country. Not surprising that the drooling hordes around here are falling over themselves to lap it up though.

Also for those can't figure out how weather and terrorism might be linked be informed that Syria experienced the worst drought in its history between 2006 and 2009. Now go read some history books and notice what happens when there is widespread drought like that.
Seems that we experienced a widespread drought too, but we haven't bombed any concert halls, or shot up a city.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellknik View Post
That is a bald face lie !
Callow means immature or adolescent. You would use that word to describe someone who removes a statement from its context in order to rail against an absurd straw man. Here it is in a sentence:

Those hyper partisan *******es making videos for The Rebel sure are callow.

All caught up now Winch?
Old 11-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Seems that we experienced a widespread drought too, but we haven't bombed any concert halls, or shot up a city.
Linked doesn't mean primary cause.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Now go read some history books and notice what happens when there is widespread drought like that.
Yes, I remember all the stories my grandma used to tell us about how the whole family had to become suicide bombers in the dirty 30's just to make ends meet.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Yes, I remember all the stories my grandma used to tell us about how the whole family had to become suicide bombers in the dirty 30's just to make ends meet.
No but I bet they voted SoCred.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
No but I bet they voted SoCred.
Guarantee you they didn't.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:48 PM

I read and watched that...please show me where Phillips blamed terrorism on climate change?

The Rebel raises a lot of thought provoking issues, but this one is just absurd.
Any paper or website has a tough shot at credibility when they pull stuff like this.

I just don't see a quote in there that draws a direct connect by the minister saying terrorism or the attacks on Paris are due to climate change.

I did see a vague quote from her about both issues being important, and then the lady from the rebel going on a rant about stubbed toes or something.

Sorry, I like to explore all sides of an issue to learn about it and the people behind them, but articles like that are misleading and a waste of time.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Hmmmmm peace river orange Cool Aid
Hey, I like Cool Aid. And Orange is my favorite flavor. ........wait a minute...... does that make me a dipper? Holy lane jumpers Batman!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:57 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Hey, I like Cool Aid. And Orange is my favorite flavor. ........wait a minute...... does that make me a dipper? Holy lane jumpers Batman!
Squirrel

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Squirrel
You beat me to it!

Old 11-18-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:

X2. Cant believe this passes as news.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Squirrel
You gotta help me out here guys. I don't get the reference.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:

The writer is a reaching idiot, I wonder how many commenting on this thread actually bother to read this stupidity.

Thomas Sowell