Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Banned

Default Let the banning begin. Libs off to a good start...

http://calibremag.ca/home/2015/11/rc...ulf-magazines/

RCMP Determine .50 Beowulf Magazines to be Prohibited Devices

h/t Kostianych who started this in the Guns section...thought I'd put it over here too.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:31 PM

I don't even know what to say. How can the RCMP make something prohibited if the law says its not. Just mind boggling. I've almost had enough. How can we fight them when they don't play by the rules.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:04 PM

also read here: one person is already Charged with Possession of a Prohibited Device x 3 (2 days before the RCMP posted about the "ban").

On CGN: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ice-Any-Advice
Old 11-17-2015, 07:00 PM

Sucks, but anyone who didn't see it coming was engaging in willful ignorance.

I'd suggest everyone should have taken precautions by now, or if not, better get on it. It's gonna be a long 4 years.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:34 PM

Old 11-17-2015, 08:19 PM

Remember last year or so ago when the RCMP decided to change a Swiss Arms rifle from non-stricted to restricted. There was a huge uproar and amnesty was given until it got sorted out. Ultimately, I think it was clarified that the RCMP is only there to enforce regulations, not create them. At least, that is how I remember it.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:34 PM

That's what the conservative party put in place, but "He's just not ready" said in his platform that he will change it so the RCMP are in charge of laws regarding guns.

I can't believe so many gun owners say "told you so, deal with it"

Just because it likely doesn't affect you, this is a MASSIVE blow to gun owners. Where do they draw the line? They might come after your hunting rifle yet..
Old 11-17-2015, 08:40 PM

They are still legal to use. Nothing official has come out banning them
Old 11-17-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
That's what the conservative party put in place, but "He's just not ready" said in his platform that he will change it so the RCMP are in charge of laws regarding guns.

I can't believe so many gun owners say "told you so, deal with it"

Just because it likely doesn't affect you, this is a MASSIVE blow to gun owners. Where do they draw the line? They might come after your hunting rifle yet..
That is not what I meant. The reality is, in this country gun owners have almost zero political influence. A "massive blow" to firearms owners won't even rate a single mention on a right wing news website.

So "take precautions" means acquiring what you need, not saying anything about it, not using it in a place the gestapo are likely to be or in a manner in which will highlight you. Such is life under the east
Old 11-17-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
They are still legal to use. Nothing official has come out banning them
Couldn't the RCMP could still charge you and let the court decide?
So legal yes but worth the hassle fighting the RCMP? I would say YES!, but if I owned one it would stay home until the chit storm settles as I don't have the $$ or time to battle the RCMP.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:15 AM

Here is the reply I got this morning.

Thank you for your correspondence,

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the restrictions of these magazines as they fall under the Criminal Code of Canada and we are limited to responding to questions related to the Firearms Act.

Sincerely,

Nicole

RCMP | GRC
Canadian Firearms Program | Programme canadien des armes à feu
FSD Communications | Communications du PSMAF
Call us TOLL FREE - 1-800-731-4000│Appellez-nous SANS FRAIS - 1-800-731-4000
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm│Lundi au vendredi 9 heures-17 heures
Old 11-18-2015, 08:21 AM

Like I said in the other thread get out while you can. The fact that our current Prime Minister has only been elected a month ago and that the RCMP is already puffing out it's chest is a very bad sign.

Time to put up my handguns as well
Old 11-18-2015, 09:36 AM

The High River gun grab was an excellent experiment to see what would happen if there was a mass gun confiscation by the RCMP. The fact is that they broke into people's homes, damaged their property, stole their firearms, and nothing happened. They just put things off by "looking into the matter" and people essentially forgot about it if they were not directly involved. We all know that they had fun kicking in people's front doors for no reason. In some cases this caused thousands of dollars in damage. They broke into and ransacked people's homes that were completely dry if the person had an RPAL so that they could find their handguns. Why would they do this??? Unfortunately, we will never know and the people involved with orchestrating it will never answer for it.

We have to ask ourselves why that is? Why was nobody accountable? In my opinion, it is because the orders came from high up. Now those individuals are going to be the ones who decide what our new gun laws are going to be. One by one, different classifications of guns will become prohibited and it will all be done under the guise of, "Public Safety".
Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 AM

Nothing is banned yet, FA hasn't been changed and there is not OIC. Please stop spreading rumors.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Nothing is banned yet, FA hasn't been changed and there is not OIC. Please stop spreading rumors.
If i saw it on AO it must be true!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer31 View Post
I don't even know what to say. How can the RCMP make something prohibited if the law says its not. Just mind boggling. I've almost had enough. How can we fight them when they don't play by the rules.

some rules for some other rules for others they don't just inforce them they make them what a -ucking joke
Old 11-18-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWO View Post
Remember last year or so ago when the RCMP decided to change a Swiss Arms rifle from non-stricted to restricted. There was a huge uproar and amnesty was given until it got sorted out. Ultimately, I think it was clarified that the RCMP is only there to enforce regulations, not create them. At least, that is how I remember it.
That was the conservative party that did that. The Liberals stated they were going to put classification into the hands of the RCMP. We don't have to wait for the new government to have time to screw us over, they've given that task to the Brown Shirts.

Further "classification" does not require change to the FA or an OIC. When a new firearm is imported into Canada that has not been imported before it is "classified" by the RCMP, no rewriting of the FA, no OIC, it is part of the duties assigned to the RCMP SFSS.

Last edited by bigjohncdn; 11-18-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:00 PM

CSSA Communique re: Beowulf Magazines
Despite some recent social media surrounding Beowulf magazines, the CSSA is confirming that no ban on the sale of these magazine in Canada has been issued by the R.C.M.P. or the Minister of Public Safety at this time.
All six 50 Beowulf firearms FRT numbers remain listed as legal with a five round capacity and retailers should continue to sell this product at this time:
#121656 Alexander Arms
#124566 Alexander Arms
#128962 MGI
#122716 Stag Arms
#136602 VLtor Arms
A recent letter from the R.C.M.P. addressed to Aztech Armoury in response to a denial of their International Import Certificate for these magazines was shared via social media and has caused widespread speculation that the magazines themselves have been banned. This was a private letter to one company regarding one shipment, not a Special Bulletin.
The CSSA continues to work with the office of the Minister of Public Safety regarding this issue and will release further updates as needed.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
CSSA Communique re: Beowulf Magazines
Despite some recent social media surrounding Beowulf magazines, the CSSA is confirming that no ban on the sale of these magazine in Canada has been issued by the R.C.M.P. or the Minister of Public Safety at this time.
All six 50 Beowulf firearms FRT numbers remain listed as legal with a five round capacity and retailers should continue to sell this product at this time:
#121656 Alexander Arms
#124566 Alexander Arms
#128962 MGI
#122716 Stag Arms
#136602 VLtor Arms
A recent letter from the R.C.M.P. addressed to Aztech Armoury in response to a denial of their International Import Certificate for these magazines was shared via social media and has caused widespread speculation that the magazines themselves have been banned. This was a private letter to one company regarding one shipment, not a Special Bulletin.
The CSSA continues to work with the office of the Minister of Public Safety regarding this issue and will release further updates as needed.
They are not the only company this has happened to, nor is this the only magazine in question. There have been several instances over the last months that CSSA have been made aware of.

They will have been told the magazines are "under review" pending "possible reclassification" as prohibited.

Unless the CSSA is able to get some traction with the new Minister of Public Safety, eventually the "review" will be completed.