Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2015, 12:56 PM

Default LA Kings' Dustin Brown is a douchebag

Anyone can be a dirty but effective player on the ice and still get respect. The minute you show no class off the ice, well then you've just become a real life major douchebag.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...Bice&id=565920
Old 11-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
Anyone can be a dirty but effective player on the ice and still get respect. The minute you show no class off the ice, well then you've just become a real life major douchebag.

But this happened on the ice..

Joking aside there is the chance that Brown did not see the kid holding his hand out for a handshake. From the camera angle you cannot see if Brown was looking at the kid.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post

Joking aside there is the chance that Brown did not see the kid holding his hand out for a handshake. From the camera angle you cannot see if Brown was looking at the kid.
The kids are there. On the ice. In front of him. You don't think any player with an ounce of class would bend down and offer to shake their hand, regardless of wether he sees them extend their hand first?
On ANY ceremonial puck drop you ALWAYS shake everyone's hand. ESPECIALLY if kids are there.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Why wouldn't he see them. they are not five feet away and he is looking in their general direction, does he no have any peripheral vision, if the kid had thousand dollar bills in his hand to give him he would certainly have seen it.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
The kids are there. On the ice. In front of him.
This, and right before he snubbed the kids he watched Claude Giroux shake their hands.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The kids are there. On the ice. In front of him. You don't think any player with an ounce of class would bend down and offer to shake their hand, regardless of wether he sees them extend their hand first?
On ANY ceremonial puck drop you ALWAYS shake everyone's hand. ESPECIALLY if kids are there.
x2....What a dirt bag....He has been around long enough for ceremonial puck drops....I just lost any respect I had for him before today
Old 11-18-2015, 01:46 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Well I was confused as to the intentions of the kid and looks like Brown was not clued in either.

Oh well move on if that is what you folks call a db ...I am sure there are better examples out there.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2015, 01:56 PM

That was weird. I saw a clip about him and his family one time. He seemed like a good family guy who has small kids himself. Off ice anyhow.

That said, I never could stand the guy. Dumb and dirty player IMO.

Irks me every time players are leaving the ice and don't make the simple effort to hand bump the little kids that jostle for a spot down there, hanging their hands over to their favorite players. I imagine it really makes a kids day.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:

Uhhh...he's a hockey player.
He's paid because of his abilities...one of which will be that his peripheral vision is good enough to see a speeding 3" puck going 100k/h at a 50 degree angle to the side.
And he can't see an outstretched hand 4' in front of him?!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:48 PM

I doubt he did it on purpose.
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
This. Nothing else to say. Brown has never been a class act on the ice though, and he was on the ice during the puck drop so being a dick to the kids isn't any stretch for him. Nice to see a young man with class extend his hand to show up an adult who makes millions being a Richard Noggin on the ice.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-18-2015, 04:57 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
I doubt he did it on purpose.
Exactly.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2015, 05:19 PM

100% exactly for sure I doubt he did it on purpose. (Even if he didn't see the kids hand out, why wouldn't he step forward and initiate a hand shake after watching the other player do it 8 seconds prior?)

Last edited by Talking moose; 11-18-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Yep, he knew what he was doing and why, giant db.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:

This is actually kinda funny. I don't think he did it on purpose, he actually does a lot of volunteer work outside the game.

I hate the way he plays. He's one of those guys that perpetually lives on the line and whenever he crosses it he never fights. I get it that you don't necessarily have to fight in the league anymore but he doesn't even fight lightweights that come after him.

Ironically enough, there's an awesome 30 for 30 or ESPN special on him. He's basically the shyest guy ever. Very quiet, very well spoken. Very well resepcted by his teammates because he does sacrifice his body day in day out for that team, one article described him as a 'full-body bruise that plays every night'. He doesn't have a ton of talent but yet he's captain of a talent-fulled Kings team.

He apparrently was bullied endlessly through his career in the locker room for being shy and having a noticable lisp. I think it might have been Roenick or some other guy that was really on his case early in his career and anyhow he overcame a lot of self-doubt and confidence issues.

In short, I hated him before seeing that TV piece but respected him a lot more after seeing it, pretty good guy. Regardless of some of the dirty hits he throws out there.