Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2015, 10:30 AM

Default Made me cry yesterday

Yesterday morning as I was just settling in with my first cup of coffee I opened up AO and see that I have a private message from a member here, I had only read the first line when the tears started to flow down my cheeks. Now I have never interacted with this member before at all, by the time I was finished reading all the kind and very thoughtful words my tears were free flowing at this point...the best part was they were tears of happiness,tears that someone cares who I have never met,tears of wonderment,the kind of tears that our family has not had in a very long time,tears that were long overdue, I would very much like to Thank this person as I am hoping that when they read this they will know what a big difference they made in how my day went yesterday..my wife also Thanks you, i will not mention who..I figure if they would have wanted the world to know they would have sent that message to me on the open forum...I will respect that and just so you all know...we have some pretty nice people on board here...Thank You, you were a blessing that came to me, your timing couldn't have been much better...I needed that!
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 02:12 PM

There are some real great people that lurk around here!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaded View Post
YEP!
Dodger
Old 11-17-2015, 03:06 PM

Must of been very special to make you tear up & smile.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Must of been very special to make you tear up & smile.

Yes it was...I am still humbled by that message today, what was said came straight from the heart even though this person has never met me...that I know of anyway! When I showed my wife the message after she got home from work...yup you guessed it....we both had a cry! I don't mind telling the world that some words written and directed to me made me cry...I am no where near as tough as I used to be...so yes it's my party and I'll cry if I want to..lol
Thanks Zip for your message
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
YEP!
Dodger
well TOOT TOOT!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 PM

I'll echo that we have great people on here, a short while back when I posted about my stolen chainsaw a member who shall remain anonymous (unless they wish to be given credit) PM'd me an offer of the same model chainsaw in return for a donation to the Stollery Childrens Hospital. I've rain-checked him on the proposal for the short term in case of the snowballs that chance my stuff is recovered, but that takes nothing away from his generous unsolicited offer.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaded View Post
Yes there is spaded...I think more than we think, that didn't sound right but you get my point I think.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
YEP!
Dodger
They do have a habit of coming out when called upon...but when it comes out of the blue...well that's kinda nice as well.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'll echo that we have great people on here, a short while back when I posted about my stolen chainsaw a member who shall remain anonymous (unless they wish to be given credit) PM'd me an offer of the same model chainsaw in return for a donation to the Stollery Childrens Hospital. I've rain-checked him on the proposal for the short term in case of the snowballs that chance my stuff is recovered, but that takes nothing away from his generous unsolicited offer.
Your right about that Caber...sometimes just the thought is enough.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Yesterday morning as I was just settling in with my first cup of coffee I opened up AO and see that I have a private message from a member here, I had only read the first line when the tears started to flow down my cheeks. Now I have never interacted with this member before at all, by the time I was finished reading all the kind and very thoughtful words my tears were free flowing at this point...the best part was they were tears of happiness,tears that someone cares who I have never met,tears of wonderment,the kind of tears that our family has not had in a very long time,tears that were long overdue, I would very much like to Thank this person as I am hoping that when they read this they will know what a big difference they made in how my day went yesterday..my wife also Thanks you, i will not mention who..I figure if they would have wanted the world to know they would have sent that message to me on the open forum...I will respect that and just so you all know...we have some pretty nice people on board here...Thank You, you were a blessing that came to me, your timing couldn't have been much better...I needed that!
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Thanks for posting this, in the last couple of days I have reconnected with Ken and Mudbug through pm, stand up fellas who can and have taught me things even if they don't know it. It reminds me why I joined this forum, we may be left or right in our politics, we may be Christian or Muslim but we can all be decent people if we wish to be, even if it's in small doses!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:25 PM

Pretty damn refreshing to read this thread.
H1602
Old 11-17-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
Thanks for posting this, in the last couple of days I have reconnected with Ken and Mudbug through pm, stand up fellas who can and have taught me things even if they don't know it. It reminds me why I joined this forum, we may be left or right in our politics, we may be Christian or Muslim but we can all be decent people if we wish to be, even if it's in small doses!
Awesome...nice post!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1602 View Post
Pretty damn refreshing to read this thread.
H1602
Kinda turned out that way didn't it...oh well things happen for a reason some say!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-17-2015, 08:19 PM

I'm not a big poster on here but I am on here 24/7 and to be honest there are times when I have to turn it off in disgust.
It's stories like these though that keep reminding me there are more good people on here than I thought.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Zip, I just took the liberty of reading your post history and after reading the first page I see there is a lesson for us all - not sure I have read such a consistent string of respectful, kind comments on the forum before.

Whatever positive message you received it is clear that you deserve it.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:46 PM

Saw this and thought of this thread. Hope we all can make a difference in this world even if it just handing out one small smile!!

Anthony
Old 11-18-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbuchanan View Post
I'm not a big poster on here but I am on here 24/7 and to be honest there are times when I have to turn it off in disgust.
It's stories like these though that keep reminding me there are more good people on here than I thought.
I'm glad that you see that as well...you just never know when somebody on here can surprise a person and make their day and more with just a few well chosen words..thank you!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-18-2015, 09:03 AM

Thanks for sharing this Zip.
There's lots of good in this world it just seems we always only hear about the negative.
All the best to all our members.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Zip, I just took the liberty of reading your post history and after reading the first page I see there is a lesson for us all - not sure I have read such a consistent string of respectful, kind comments on the forum before.

Whatever positive message you received it is clear that you deserve it.
Thank you so much for this...you caught me off guard here, I'm kinda speechless,Taking the liberty and the time to read my post history and then post up such kind words, I am happy to be reading this..
Thanks so much
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant12hony View Post

Saw this and thought of this thread. Hope we all can make a difference in this world even if it just handing out one small smile!!

Anthony
How very very true, and I'm not sure about anybody else but for me this thread made a big difference in how my last couple days went here at home, this message rings loud and clear...Thanks for posting this message up! Very nice thought,sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference..
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-18-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlizzy View Post
Thanks for sharing this Zip.
There's lots of good in this world it just seems we always only hear about the negative.
All the best to all our members.
Your welcome...I felt I needed to tell everybody about my encounter with a very thoughtful member, without even knowing me and send a message such as I got was not something I saw coming at all...very humbling for this old guy!
Thank you
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-18-2015, 01:02 PM

so glad that happened ... could not have happened to a better man !!!
from ours to yours we love ya ..

this little picture thingy is something i look at alot .. was on my desk top for a while ..

there are some damn fine people on the site .. i for one am grateful to be part of this family
Old 11-18-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post

so glad that happened ... could not have happened to a better man !!!
from ours to yours we love ya ..

this little picture thingy is something i look at alot .. was on my desk top for a while ..

there are some damn fine people on the site .. i for one am grateful to be part of this family
Thank you buddy for your post, I had never read that one before... Makes good sense to me...you can only hug a memory with your thoughts...me well I prefer the hands on method...there is nothing better than a good solid Hug done out of love when it is needed! I never was much good at hugging most of my life, I had a hard time letting people in as I was always scared of losing that person, now I am happy to say that since I became sick I have learned about the secret power of a Hug! I now treasure every hug I get...and trust me I try to hug lots now!
Thanks Kola...
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip