Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2014, 10:23 AM

Default Amusing Example of Poetic Justice

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/wo...pils.html?_r=0

Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills Iraqi Pupils

BAGHDAD — A group of Sunni militants attending a suicide bombing training class at a camp north of Baghdad were killed on Monday when their commander unwittingly conducted a demonstration with a belt that was packed with explosives, army and police officials said.

The militants belonged to a group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, which is fighting the Shiite-dominated army of the Iraqi government, mostly in Anbar Province. But they are also linked to bomb attacks elsewhere and other fighting that has thrown Iraq deeper into sectarian violence.

Twenty-two ISIS members were killed, and 15 were wounded, in the explosion at the camp, which is in a farming area in the northeastern province of Samara, according to the police and army officials. Stores of other explosive devices and heavy weapons were also kept there, the officials said.

Eight militants were arrested when they tried to escape, the officials said.

The militant who was conducting the training was not identified by name, but he was described by an Iraqi Army officer as a prolific recruiter who was “able to kill the bad guys for once.”

ISIS militants drove into Falluja and the nearby city of Ramadi, both in Anbar Province, earlier this year with heavy weaponry, taking control of key intersections and offices of local authorities.

Local security forces and tribes have since re-established control in Ramadi.

But Iraq is developing a plan, with help from the United States, that would have Sunni tribes take the lead in ending the standoff with ISIS in Falluja, with the Iraqi Army in support, a senior State Department official told Congress last week.

The official, Brett McGurk, said that ISIS had about 2,000 fighters in Iraq, and that its longer-term objective is to establish a base of operations in Baghdad, led by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has been officially designated as a global terrorist by the State Department.

In other violence in Iraq, a roadside bomb detonated in the northern city of Mosul alongside the convoy of the speaker of Parliament, the Sunni leader Osama al-Nujaifi, security officials said. Six of his guards were wounded, but Mr. Nujaifi was unharmed, they said.

In Baghdad, a doctor was found dead with bullet wounds in his head and chest two days after he was kidnapped from his house, medical officials said.

In the Baya district of southwestern Baghdad, a bomb left near a cafe killed four people and wounded 11, according to a police official.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Talking

IB4T inevitable AO post junkies blather on with their useless twaddle just to start fights:

He was probably just misunderstood.

I want to hear the other side of the story!

You are condoning death??? Get of your soapbox, you high horse riding hypocrit!

What a sad day, all those poor innocent kids!

There must be another side to the story!

Sounds like a coverup, RCMP must have given them information!

Won't someone tell me the other side of the story?

BS. Where is the link? URL? I never heard of google, I want someone to do all the work for me, then I will cry wikapedia and do everything I can to turn it around so you look the fool.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Well I hope they didn't pay the tuition up front!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 AM

Default Praise Allah!!!

I guess Karma is worldwide!! Lots of martyrs today!!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Pay attention guys... I'm only gonna do this once!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:41 AM

LOL awesome.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/wo...pils.html?_r=0

Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills Iraqi Pupils

BAGHDAD — A group of Sunni militants attending a suicide bombing training class at a camp north of Baghdad were killed on Monday when their commander unwittingly conducted a demonstration with a belt that was packed with explosives, army and police officials said.

The militants belonged to a group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, which is fighting the Shiite-dominated army of the Iraqi government, mostly in Anbar Province. But they are also linked to bomb attacks elsewhere and other fighting that has thrown Iraq deeper into sectarian violence.

Twenty-two ISIS members were killed, and 15 were wounded, in the explosion at the camp, which is in a farming area in the northeastern province of Samara, according to the police and army officials. Stores of other explosive devices and heavy weapons were also kept there, the officials said.

Eight militants were arrested when they tried to escape, the officials said.

The militant who was conducting the training was not identified by name, but he was described by an Iraqi Army officer as a prolific recruiter who was “able to kill the bad guys for once.”

ISIS militants drove into Falluja and the nearby city of Ramadi, both in Anbar Province, earlier this year with heavy weaponry, taking control of key intersections and offices of local authorities.

Local security forces and tribes have since re-established control in Ramadi.

But Iraq is developing a plan, with help from the United States, that would have Sunni tribes take the lead in ending the standoff with ISIS in Falluja, with the Iraqi Army in support, a senior State Department official told Congress last week.

The official, Brett McGurk, said that ISIS had about 2,000 fighters in Iraq, and that its longer-term objective is to establish a base of operations in Baghdad, led by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has been officially designated as a global terrorist by the State Department.

In other violence in Iraq, a roadside bomb detonated in the northern city of Mosul alongside the convoy of the speaker of Parliament, the Sunni leader Osama al-Nujaifi, security officials said. Six of his guards were wounded, but Mr. Nujaifi was unharmed, they said.

In Baghdad, a doctor was found dead with bullet wounds in his head and chest two days after he was kidnapped from his house, medical officials said.

In the Baya district of southwestern Baghdad, a bomb left near a cafe killed four people and wounded 11, according to a police official.
Whats that old saying?

Those who can't...teach?

Must be hard to find good quality suicide bomber instructors though... anyone with actual experience in the field... is spread all over the field.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Default What a dead end job path-Listen

What is that ticking noise?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 AM

Now there's a teacher committed to giving his students realistic examples! No theoretical book-learnin' there!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Banned

Did they get to see the 70 virgins, or did Allah send them down to the goat farm?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:08 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
ok, thats funny!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
For the win!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM

Totally bombed that test.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Did they get to see the 70 virgins, or did Allah send them down to the goat farm?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM

Not quite what they expected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nuns-with-guns1.jpg (44.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Bourbon out the nose stings. GOOD ONE!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned

http://nelson-haha.api-meal.eu/
Old 02-10-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccam1 View Post
bourbon out the nose stings. Good one!
good god man!!!!!!!!!!! Its 9:00 am!!!!!!!!!!!