Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Default crazy loon @ Fiesta Lake

we were out at Fiesta on sunday and had a great day caught about 20 small rainbows and 2 ,2-2.5lb and 2 ,1.5lb but theres a loon out there that attacks your fish as soon as its on the line. it couldnt take the bigger ones ( although it tried)but it took 5 small bows right off the line. We heard that it broke a lady's rod a few weeks ago. the pair of them are tagged on both legs and are not scared of people at all, can anything be done about them its not a very enjoyable day out fishing when you got to fight a fish and a bird
Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrude1 View Post
we were out at Fiesta on sunday and had a great day caught about 20 small rainbows and 2 ,2-2.5lb and 2 ,1.5lb but theres a loon out there that attacks your fish as soon as its on the line. it couldnt take the bigger ones ( although it tried)but it took 5 small bows right off the line. We heard that it broke a lady's rod a few weeks ago. the pair of them are tagged on both legs and are not scared of people at all, can anything be done about them its not a very enjoyable day out fishing when you got to fight a fish and a bird
I know exactally the bas**rd bird you're talking about. Luckily when I caught mine he was hounding the other 3 guys on the lake! And I agree man!
I mean we need to let nature take it's course but this seems a little in the bird's favour!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Ive had nothing but problems with the loons there!!! Theyve got close to half the fish ive caught outta there, plus a couple flies. I agree that they need to disappear (wink wink).