Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 PM

Default :p its over

the pain is now over looking in 353 for cow elk. I will never ever go back there again for elk period. I put in an effort never before without a sniff aftyer nov 1st opener. I want to here about any successful hunt in 353 cfor elk especially cow. I believe strongly our conservation team has scammed my money which doesnt bother me the price of the tags it is the time chasing ghosts when it could have been spent in a zone with the species in it. Sounds like i am venting but you must understand i had trail miles and miles of scouting for a track in the mud in the snow in the rain ( ENJOYED THIS PART) but comon they exist in the surrounding zones as i found several herds but in 353 forget about it. I remember getting skunked years ago when the caribou conservati0on effort began in 353 when it was split from 354 and it was discouraging not seeing a calf but seen lots of moose so you know that the animal is out there and they were once calves. If you have hunted 353 in the last 5 years for elk i would be very interested in you story.