Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerSlayer1 View Post
Interestingly enough, I picked up the pamphlet on Storing, Transporting, and Displaying Firearms yesterday as I wanted to check the exact wording it contained.

It says:
The word "temporarily" seems relative. Maybe overnight or for a period of 2 days doesn't apply.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Is Leupold OK or does it have to be a Swaro to be a fair trade? I doubt she is stilll on warrenty.
Rob
I'd say take the Leuppy and run! Just makes sure it's from an approved retailer
Old 12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
The word "temporarily" seems relative. Maybe overnight or for a period of 2 days doesn't apply.
Kind of like storing the firearm and ammo seperately.....lol
Old 12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Gone Hunting

Rest easy Rob, We got your back.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-21-2010, 05:28 PM

All of my firearms are locked up and put away........ except one. My "shoot off the deck" coyote gun uses a detachable mag and the two pieces can be put together right quick if needed. I live in the country and I've used this rifle on several coyotes that didn't respect my territory. When I first had kids, I was concerned about the gun being so accessible but after a few situations of running to three different corners of the house to get my gun ready to shoot the mangy visitors, I realized that wasn't reasonable. Fast forward a few years and now the gun is ready when I need it. It's neither loaded nor out in the open but it's handy.

I'm not one of those guys with the "zombie gun" just in the case the Dawn of the Dead scenario plays itself out. I get coyotes in the yard. I've had them come right up to the kids' trampoline which is about thirty feet from the house. And as surprising as it was to some friends that came over last week for a visit, I'll shoot the coyotes that come into my yard with the intention of putting them down.

I hope you and your wife find a compromise to the vacuuming dilemma. I'd bet one of those Roomba Robot vacuums wouldn't knock your scope out!

Predator control guns are useless locked up in the basement.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Default M70 & Redfrog

M70 I have two decks and with the birds being a big draw we used to see coyotes in the yard almost daily. I was looking out the kitchen window and wondered out loud to myself only this morning "we used to see a lot more coyotes going right past the house along the fence line" and my son replied "they found out if they come near they die". Actually shot 11 out my front door one winter sneaking along by the cattle shelter. We still see them but seldom close to the house like we used to now it is 3-400 or more yards out in the fields.

Redfroggie, from what I hear you need someone to have your back so those pesky yotes don't come sneaking up on you from behind when you are preoccupied calling. That is why very often when we call near an irrigation or drainage ditch the guy covering my back packs a 12 gauge for the close in encounters. If Provost wasn't so far (and the coyotes so thin) I would volunteer to help you out. Kenvette will be down next week so maybe we can blast some.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Gone Hunting

"Kenvette will be down next week"

Well good luck with that. I know I wouldn't be coming in to the call if I saw him sitting there.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 PM

Neither of us would be considered "tiny" so we will have to make sure they don't see us coming until it is too late.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 PM

And the classroom/hallway monitor of the year award goes to............

Last edited by IR_mike; 12-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Talked to the boss when I got home this morning to see how hard the rifles were "knocked" by the power nozzle and found out both were knocked over while sitting on bipods. Guess I am sighting in again this afternoon and putting them away when not in use in the future.
If that were me, i can think of a few Vases or collectable glass items of hers that would be knocked over . I treat my guns better then I treat myself