Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-22-2007, 04:29 PM

"I say common sence says pull the trigger,, you know its a bull,, its what you came here for.."

actually common sense says you dont shoot

"Ehtics say if you're hungry ,, Eat Boy...."

and again.... ethics say dont shoot
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Gamehunter

j

Last edited by Gamehunter; 07-22-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:55 PM

Gamehunter,
He did not say both lines....he quoted the first, and responded to it in the second......

Course, you have me on ignore, so thast a pointless post.....lol
Old 07-28-2007, 04:59 PM

Talking

Just got back from holidays and was catching up on the posts, this has to be the most interesting one. I can't help but put my two cents worth in.

This is mainly for the new hunters who are trying to establish themselves in the world of hunting.

I have been a Hunter training Instructor for quite a number of years (35) now and this is one of the most discussed topics.

What we are discussing is ETHICS - MORALS - LEGALITIES. The first thing one has to do is define the three.

1) Legalities - What we can do legally, without penalty. This is usually black and white, there are some gray areas which are refered to as loopholes, these are used by everybody if it helps them out of a situation. These are usually closed with an act of government. Therefore the law is basiclly Black and White.

2) Morals (Common Sense) - This one society dictates. As society changes so do our morals. ie. drinking and driving 40 years ago was morally acepted, though it was illegal. Today it is socially unacceptable therefore it is morally wrong to Drink and Drive. There are a number of laws on the books today that are out of date in Canada that would never be procecuted because as society changes the laws are no longer valid. Morallity changes.

3) Ethics - This one is totally personel, it is what you believe, what you truely feel in your heart as being correct. This is what you would do if no one was there to judge your actions. No matter what people say you will hold to your ethics. Only you can change them. One persons ethics may be simialar to anothers but they are never the same.

So the whole thing come down to this;
If the law looks at you and says you are right you are legal.
If your friends look are you and say you are right then you are moral
If you look at yourself in the mirror and can say that you are right those are your ethics.

We have to remember that we have to look at ourselves in the mirror at least once a day, so we had better like what we see, because that is who we have to live with.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 PM

Excellent post Mtn Born2. I think that you summed everything up perfectly. Thanks for that.

Tree
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 PM

I agree with the hunter ed instructor, well put!