Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-05-2017, 12:30 PM

Default Looking for permission on gopher feilds

Good Day all! I'm looking to gain permission to shoot some gophers in and around Red Deer county. I'm willing to meet and greet with any land owner in advance who would consider giving permission with no expectation for permission at the time of meet. looking to slow down the infestation in their fields or pastures. I would be using a .17 HMR or .177 cal as the tool of choice for this application. Please feel free to contact me at 403-896-1912 or email cooter9@live,com to discuss a potential opportunity. I'm long time fire arms owner who is responsible and respectful of the land and its owners. references can be provided if required.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Craig Durrant
Old 05-08-2017, 04:36 PM

I've tried posting on Kijiji a few years ago and no bites on that. I did have luck driving around with a county map looking for pasture, looking up the land owner, going to his place or calling him. Now i have 3 spots i goto regularly, thats the proper way to get a good spot. Although i wish it was as easy as posting on a fourm
Old 05-08-2017, 11:38 PM

I got to know a few farmers in the hanna area. Seems to be a few gophers in that area. I got 280 on the weekend. I looked at google earth and took a drive around the area i thought i had a good chance at getting permission. Just a note...most farmers prefer me using a 22. Less noise. I shot with some friends a while back with 204's and 223's and we didn't get permission again. But your 17 should be ok.