Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
Has anyone gone through the hunter hosting in Bc as an Alberta resident? I'm planning to head out toBC with a BC resident friend of mine. Just wondering about timelines and any hang ups that I will encounter.
Thanks in advance
As stated, start NOW!
You need to know the species, where, and when. You will not be allowed to hunt just any of the GOS areas, depending on the species, so find out where you are allowed - especially where mountain goats are concerned. You will have to book a specific 20 day window and if you get sick or weather or family issues come up, it's too bad for you. It is a real pain in the ass compared to the Alberta system. Good luck
Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Easy to talk out your butt, and be insulting, instead of actually showing the regs. Like I said, show me where it says you have to be this distance or that. Not saying your wrong, but put up or shut up. Annoying when people who have never done something tell others how it should be done. I'm sure there is some sort of rules as to distance, but I haven't seen them yet. I'd be happy to see your source.

Or is your source the guy who knows a guy who used to date a guy that was told by some guy in a bar that a CO told him you had to do it this way?
I wonder what you think I havnt done / experienced when it comes to BC Hunting requirements ?

Having held a Big Game licence every year in BC for 40years , also a Licensed BC Big Game Guide for 20 years , I have a FAIR grip on BC hunting and Guiding regulations,,
But I'm always open to learn, so if you have some ground shaking info I have forgotten ???

enlighten me please,,,,
Old 05-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
First you say this "Nice thing about BC is that you don't need your "host" hanging on your your coattails all the time like here in AB" but when others point out that you are full of crap, you say this " On page 9 of the BC regs it say's a non-res must be accompanied by the res, but nothing is said about how closely you have to be accompanied."

So we know that Waterninja goes to hunt in BC every year cause he says this, "I am "Accompanied" (BC's version of hosted) by my brother every year in BC." which kind of tells us all that he doesn't follow the rules around being accompanied, cause you know, its grey.

So I post the definition of accompany from the BC wildlife act, and waterninja says this "You must feel silly telling the rest of us what I was telling you all along. That is on page 3 of the BC hunting guide." but a few posts ago you had said this " but nothing is said about how closely you have to be accompanied." and this " If there actually is some definitive guidelines on the distance your allowed to be from your "host" I would like to see them" , so which is it Waterninja, did you know how close you had to be as defined or didn't you? It is the difference between knowing the rules and intentionally breaking them vs misunderstanding them. It sounds like you poach either way but at least a misunderstanding is understandable.

Or do you just make stuff up as you go along?
LOL Perhaps I do make some stuff up as I go along. It has been fun winding a couple of you up and watching you get your panties in a bunch. It does my heart good however to see all the hard work you went through to get the regs sorted out. You should be proud of yourself. Sometimes you have to do your own homework. This was definitly more entertaining then watching the refeereing during the Oiler game. Thats what happens you flippantly resort to calling people names. I'm surprised how rude some of you keyboard hunters are.
At least the OP got some good info from the rest of us, and yes there is a certain distance that you must stay within when being accompanied. Of course, if you should get seperated, stick to small game.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
LOL Perhaps I do make some stuff up as I go along. It has been fun winding a couple of you up and watching you get your panties in a bunch. It does my heart good however to see all the hard work you went through to get the regs sorted out. You should be proud of yourself. Sometimes you have to do your own homework. This was definitly more entertaining then watching the refeereing during the Oiler game. Thats what happens you flippantly resort to calling people names. I'm surprised how rude some of you keyboard hunters are.
At least the OP got some good info from the rest of us, and yes there is a certain distance that you must stay within when being accompanied. Of course, if you should get seperated, stick to small game.
You were shown you were wrong. Thank them for showing you and move on. Resorting to say you were trolling them does not save face, because nobody believes you were trolling. It's all good in the hood.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You were shown you were wrong. Thank them for showing you and move on. Resorting to say you were trolling them does not save face, because nobody believes you were trolling. It's all good in the hood.
OK, I'll admit I was wrong. I never knew you could hunt Game Bird in AB without a Host. Never too old to learn something new.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:23 PM

I'm glad this thread isn't getting personal.😳
Thanks allot for the feedback.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
I'm glad this thread isn't getting personal.😳
Thanks allot for the feedback.
Send a private message to Bearscare, he is a former BC ,CO and had some great info for me several years ago when I started hunting big game in BC with the accompany to hunt hurdles.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I don't care who you are, but that is some funny shat right there!! I see what you did.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
I don't care who you are, but that is some funny shat right there!! I see what you did.
What's that? Do you mean make that post to look like he knew what he was talking about all along?
Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
Send a private message to Bearscare, he is a former BC ,CO and had some great info for me several years ago when I started hunting big game in BC with the accompany to hunt hurdles.
Will do thanks
Old 05-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Banned

To the OP. I do have an extra copy of the BC Hunting/Trapping regs that you can have. Im in Edm.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
What's that? Do you mean make that post to look like he knew what he was talking about all along?
Hate to say it moose, but this one went over your paddles. Surprised your on the bullies side.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hate to say it moose, but this one went over your paddles. Surprised your on the bullies side.
Actually, Moose was bang on. Step away from the keyboard on this one, the more you post the more foolish you look.

Oh wait, this is far from the first time...
Old 05-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Actually, Moose was bang on. Step away from the keyboard on this one, the more you post the more foolish you look.

Oh wait, this is far from the first time...
Lol.... That was truly epic man...

Old 05-06-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Reread ninjas first post really slow.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Hey ninja, you still haven't explained how you can put in for draws in B.C. If you're a resident of Alberta.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=287860

Also, with their new system, were you able to set up as a non-resident and buy your tags on-line?

Tags
hunter host, non resident