Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Default Scope mounted lights

Saw these scope or rifle mounted lights at a local shop today, intended for shooting predators at night. I realize this is legal and popular in some U.S states, but I coudn't think of any real legitimate use for them here. Am I missing something?

I realize you can sell them and until someone uses them for night hunting, no crime has been commited, but I wonder if it doesn't encourage people to use them for illegal purposes. Truth be told, I was a little dissapointed to see them prominantly displayed out on the counter like that.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:02 PM

No real good reason other than its tacticool....IMHO

LC
Old 10-31-2013, 09:15 PM

My kid has one on his tactical 10/22. Sure is bright but not to practical.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 PM

I've seen the little ones that people like to stick on their "tactical" firearms, but these are big, with red lenses, and they clamp right onto your scope. They are designed for predator hunting, its basically a small spotlight designed to throw a beam around 100 yards. Made by Primos, these ones were I believe. You wouldn't want one one your gun unless you meant to shoot at night,as it would be very unwieldy and top heavy, I'd think.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:29 PM

Seems like these things may be in the same boat as deer cane and monster mix. They can all be used legally, but the odds are that most people won't......
"I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only is a target but as living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life,if I can with regrets as well as joy, with the sure knowledge that natures way of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate then I can bestow."- Fred Bear