Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 07:25 AM

Default Permission required to hunt PGR's

Here is a heads up. The Provincial government has changed the rules to hunt three PGR's in Alberta on a test project basis. Rocky Mtn House, Jackpine and Connor Creek. All require you to submit information and requests to access the reserves. If you do not you will be fined. To me it is another BS rule and regulation that I am sure will peeve users.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:58 AM

have you ever hunted jackpine in november? right dangerous. idiots with rifles. had one guy try and run me off a trail in his truck yelling, waving arms, surging gas pedal the whole 9 yards. and walking out of the bush at dusk with those long rangers is downright scary! a list of names and licence plates is exactly what that place needs.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Actually, "permission" isn't required. You provide your contact info, license number, etc. and you get an automatic bounce-back email confirming you provided the data. It's called a "confirmation of contact". You keep that bounce-back and show it when and if asked. They want to know who is on the land. I have no idea why. The link below outlines the process. Interestingly, it explicitly says that having it on your electronic device is fine. No paper necessary.

http://aep.alberta.ca/land/provincia...al-access.aspx
Old 10-24-2017, 02:26 PM

It's a fairly simple process actually. Hopefully it will eliminate the guys getting away with driving all over in areas that have for years had a designated route system. Previously it was easy for these people too claim they had permission too be off route or say well I know so and so that works out here and he said no problem. Now if you are caught breaking the rules you have no exscuse because you have allready agreed that you understand them. I have seen this change too walk in only during the archery season and for some that like too get out on foot and hunt it is a blessing. I hope that more of the grazing reserves go this way. Be nice if they left it foot access in November also
Old 10-25-2017, 05:36 PM

I like the idea, not sure how much enforcement is going to take place on this matter. Has anyone else had problems receiving an email of confirmation in return? I have yet to receive a confirmation email and sent two with all required information. I could always call Stew McKay but just wondering if this is a one off or if many others are experiencing the same problem.

Cheers.