Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-08-2017, 04:57 PM

Default Ban Trophy Hunting Ltd.

Apparently these dweebs felt like it was no big deal using copyrighted material in their garbage videos.....This ones for you huge nuge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWyARJXjOVY
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Who the heck is the guy in this video. I'm fuming just listening to him. Talking about poachers and trying to put them in the same boat as ethical hunter for example. This guy better get his facts in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 PM

Wow unreal that he "poaches" video to further his pocket lining.

Everyone- thumbs down on youtube and make some hard (respectful) comments this guys way.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:55 PM

Haha wow I'm famous!! This guy is so funny doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. He sounds so uneducated in his facts and English speaking ability. Basically calling every type of hunting trophy hunting. So I guess if you shot a doe for meat you actually have trophy hunted haha I am shocked the guy had the nerve to copy right my video but what's even more shocking is he used a clip with my name on it..... I reported the video so let's see what YouTube does about infringing my rights. Thanks for the heads up wildside.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:41 PM

Nuge! You're famous man! You made the Big Times!

When a guy of this man's caliber starts using your stuff you know you've made it.

Next stop for you.........Hollywood.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Was writing a comment to this guy on his channel but then abandoned ship. Can't give credence to this nutso's opinions.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Banned

Oh my. The commentator sounds like an adult but reads his own script like a 7 yr old.
Surprised to hear about the 11 Grizleys that were supposedly poached last year(or whatever year) in AB. Figured I would have heard about it here.
#13... Drones
Huge, watch your back buddy.
Where is this "Canadian Wildlife Channel" being broadcasted? Some fellow that lived in his mom's basement must have inherited a bundle to finance this show. They spared no money on the commentator. lol Huge, maybe you could sue someone.
If they hired a smooth talking commentator, this short film could really be effective for the anti's. Some of the visuals, though taken out of context, were disturbing.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Oh my. The commentator sounds like an adult but reads his own script like a 7 yr old.
Surprised to hear about the 11 Grizleys that were supposedly poached last year(or whatever year) in AB. Figured I would have heard about it here.
#13... Drones
Huge, watch your back buddy.
Where is this "Canadian Wildlife Channel" being broadcasted? Some fellow that lived in his mom's basement must have inherited a bundle to finance this show. They spared no money on the commentator. lol Huge, maybe you could sue someone.
If they hired a smooth talking commentator, this short film could really be effective for the anti's. Some of the visuals, though taken out of context, were disturbing.
I doubt very much if you would hear about a quarter of the grizzlies that are shot every year.Some people shoot on sight, some people are afraid to have them around, and others just do not tolerate them. They don't co exist well with people.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:56 PM

If I was nuge I'd be supremely ****ed right now
Old 05-08-2017, 08:56 PM

P I s s e d
Old 05-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Banned

Here is his Email Addy...

info@bthlimited.com
I am sure he would appreciate hearing from all you guys..

From YouTube

The Canadian Wildlife Channel is a coalition of several non profit organizations advocating for the complete ban of trophy hunting who define trophy hunting as the killing of wildlife for any reason other than for subsistence or for direct self defense . The aim of Canadian Wildlife Channel. is to make the public , the media and the politicians aware of the true extent and nature of trophy hunting , to let politicians know that their voters consider the banning of trophy hunting to be an important election issue , and to exert pressure on politicians to expeditiously enact legislation completely banning trophy hunting."

I would like to know who these "Several" organizations are.......
Old 05-08-2017, 10:51 PM

I'd like to know what "subsistence" hunting is. We eat mostly game meat in our house but I have a regular job that pays me every two weeks. Am I a subsistence hunter or a trophy hunter by default? What if I'm out "subsistence hunting" and I shoot a really big deer and decide my dog can't chew the antlers and I'm going to keep them? Does that make me a trophy hunter?

Geez. Almost found myself giving a shiz what that jackarse thinks....

Donovan is a dim witted clown. Nuge should complain about the infringement of license but it likely won't go anywhere - Donovan can claim fair use. It's a free speech argument and he's probably pretty safe in it. Unfortunately sometimes free speech protects the ideas you hate the same as the ones you admire.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCalgary View Post
Was writing a comment to this guy on his channel but then abandoned ship. Can't give credence to this nutso's opinions.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
I think that is a wise move. To respond or argue in any way will only served to make these types feel more important than they are.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I think that is a wise move. To respond or argue in any way will only served to make these types feel more important than they are.
I dunno. I think in cases like this a thick layering on of calling this out is a good thing. A quick comment and a thumbs down will send a message.
I often vet a video by its responses.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
I dunno. I think in cases like this a thick layering on of calling this out is a good thing. A quick comment and a thumbs down will send a message.
I often vet a video by its responses.
I would think that getting few or no responses would be better. What is his expected target? Who does he think will search and find this stuff? What is his expected response. Responding in any way may be encouraging and he may think it was watched all the way through. I did not watch all the way though and if possible I would not want the author to know that I even viewed any of it.

Posting here for other than the copyright thing accomplished nothing.

Is trophy hunting ethical and moral? I have made that decision for myself and in no way wish to inflict my decision on anyone.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:42 PM

One of the things I enjoy about this Forum, and similar ones in other provinces, is the support members of the Hunting Community have for each other. I don't bowhunt nor do I bait, however I will support those that do. Simple reason...we are a stronger and larger community when we support each other.

And there's this idiot...
Old 05-09-2017, 04:26 PM

He didn't mention the Owls? Same guy right?

What a tool this guy is. For sure he don't care what hunters think and is probably laughing at the comments. Problem is, he will get supporters. Hope You Tube shuts this attempt down. Hope Huge has some kind of action he can take.

Someone needs to go undercover, get inside, get them on tape and video about how far they will go to dupe the public and take their $$$$. Get some bad press going against them for a change.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:55 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver hunter View Post
If I was nuge I'd be supremely ****ed right now
Meh, then you lower yourself to thier level, not worth it.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Banned

One thing everyone should keep in mind is that the public does not support "trophy" hunting and never has. Hunting for food [the meat] is acceptable in most surveys. The TV show Last Alaskans demonstrates this appreciation for meat and disregard of trophy horns very well.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstone View Post
One thing everyone should keep in mind is that the public does not support "trophy" hunting and never has. Hunting for food [the meat] is acceptable in most surveys. The TV show Last Alaskans demonstrates this appreciation for meat and disregard of trophy horns very well.
I enjoy hunting for trophies, but also eat the meat. Am I a trophy hunter, or hunting for subsistence?

Where are these surveys you refer to? Whose conducting them? Most of the people I know tell me they support trophy hunting.

I'm assuming you just hunt because you need the meat, correct? Or do you just hunt like me because it tastes good, is a renewable resource, and provides a great "trophy" experience for myself, friends, and family?
Old 05-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
He didn't mention the Owls? Same guy right?

What a tool this guy is. For sure he don't care what hunters think and is probably laughing at the comments. Problem is, he will get supporters. Hope You Tube shuts this attempt down. Hope Huge has some kind of action he can take.

Someone needs to go undercover, get inside, get them on tape and video about how far they will go to dupe the public and take their $$$$. Get some bad press going against them for a change.
Unfortunately the press is with them.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM

mdonovan@liondogafricansafaris.com

Here is his full email address. I sent an email to the info@bthlimited.com sounding as though I wanted to help their cause so I could chat with this fellow. They did end up figuring me out but I did end up getting through to him and gave him my opinion on his facts. His name is Mike Donavan. I'd say we "educate" him on what we as hunters actually do.

Have at er fellas

Old 05-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdec View Post
I enjoy hunting for trophies, but also eat the meat. Am I a trophy hunter, or hunting for subsistence?

Where are these surveys you refer to? Whose conducting them? Most of the people I know tell me they support trophy hunting.

I'm assuming you just hunt because you need the meat, correct? Or do you just hunt like me because it tastes good, is a renewable resource, and provides a great "trophy" experience for myself, friends, and family?
Most of the general public doesn't like animals being killed for trophies period. You would not be a subsistence hunter by definition and eating the meat is secondary so I suspect you would be seen primarily as a trophy hunter. Personally I see nothing wrong with your hunting.

I think you must travel with a select group of people because many people I know "tolerate" my hunting because I hunt for the experience of hunting and enjoy the meat, but don't really "need" it. I did hunt for a trophy sheep years ago and have countless memories. We tried to eat the two rams I shot but they were horrible.

There are many papers and studies done which survey the public's feelings towards hunting and I would suggest you just start searching. There are some in "Scholarly Articles" in google.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:27 PM

Default Not one single like on any of his vids.

He talks about himself in third person in his go fund me video.
Ha Ha.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter220 View Post
mdonovan@liondogafricansafaris.com

Here is his full email address. I sent an email to the info@bthlimited.com sounding as though I wanted to help their cause so I could chat with this fellow. They did end up figuring me out but I did end up getting through to him and gave him my opinion on his facts. His name is Mike Donavan. I'd say we "educate" him on what we as hunters actually do.

Have at er fellas

Hey I new a Mike Donavan in high school, was a different lad, very different, had a nice RZ350 though

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-10-2017, 09:53 AM

Good work alberta, first i see your wrecking the world with your oil sands now this. Was so far gone actually made me chuckle, wait until leonardo gets ahold of this.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:13 PM

Good catch wildside. I watched only to about 4 mins, stopped and gave it the thumbs down. Remember the more views this bone head gets the more it will pop up on you tube. Loved all the comments though lol
Old 05-11-2017, 07:25 PM

Exclamation

We should all put a thumbs down on the video and comment!
IT WILL SEND A MORE POWERFUL MESSAGE